PDA

View Full Version : Edelstein Inks by Pelikan

Pendora
February 6th, 2013, 12:03 AM
1656I have ordered in a sample set of the Edelstein in trying to decide if I am going to carry it in house. I have to say, this ink is really beautiful but at a $25 list price, Im not sure people will beat down the doors for it.

Comes in a relatively standard box with an upgrade packaging option that is very nice. The bottle design is beautiful with a 4-sided "concave" design. Heavy and reminds me of a men's cologne bottle.

The Ruby ink has a slight rust tone to it but is not bricky at all. In comparing reds, Sheaffers red is a bit brighter. Good coverage with one pass, poor water resistance, dry time is roughly 20 seconds.

Overall beautiful ink, but I think its the bottle I am most smitten with. Id appreciate your opinions as I need to decide if I am going to carry this in stock or just order in as needed.

Michelle
www.PendoraPens.com

snedwos
February 6th, 2013, 04:26 AM
I have a bottle of the Aventurine, and it's absolutely beautiful.

KrazyIvan
February 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM
A lot of people complain about the bottles not being very fountain pen friendly when the ink level drops a bit.

caribbean_skye
February 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I just got a bottle of the Topaz and I love it.

writingrav
February 6th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I just got a bottle of the Topaz and I love it.

Agreed. I love the Topaz.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
February 6th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I have a bottle of the Aventurine, and it's absolutely beautiful.

Same here it is a very nice rich green which flows smoothly.

I also have a bottle of Tanzanite. A mysterious bluish purple black.

Great looking bottles too.

Pendora
February 7th, 2013, 07:11 AM
A lot of people complain about the bottles not being very fountain pen friendly when the ink level drops a bit.

I can see that this could be an issue for some, but the bottles are small enough that I cant imagine complaining about that myself.

Michelle
www.PendoraPens.com

Steph
February 7th, 2013, 07:36 AM
I enjoy the Jade as well as the Adventurine.

Pendora
February 8th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I enjoy the Jade as well as the Adventurine.

I actually played with both, and even created a mix with a slight lean towards the jade. It turned out nice but in the end I liked the Jade "as is" better. Im still not convinced I should carry the line though since theres alot of complaints about the price and as a seller, I cant do much about that.
Michelle
www.PendoraPens.com

fountainpenkid
February 8th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I used to love Topaz, but I find it indistinguishable from the much cheaper Diamine Asa Blue...

lowks
April 12th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I have adventurine and ruby.

ilangai
April 13th, 2013, 12:12 AM

I myself don't find them that. Been using the Mandarin and ink level is less than 2/3 now.. They're friendlier than the J.Herbin bottles for sure, and less friendly than the Watermans bottles, but the smoothness of the ink bits them all.

The Good Captain
April 13th, 2013, 01:33 AM
I have the Tanzanite and Sapphire. Great inks.

dannzeman
April 22nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Moved from Ink Reviews to General Inky Goodness.

southpaw52
April 24th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I have an older of Sapphire very nice rich color. I would spend the extra $7 for this ink rather then an $18. bottle of Noodlers.

dsolmei
April 24th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Hey Folks. How would you evaluate the flow of the Edelstein inks? Do they tend to run on the drier side or would you say that they have a relatively balanced wetness?

Alexander999
April 29th, 2013, 06:35 PM
First post on this great forum. :)
I would appreciate some assistance in helping decide what to purchase.
Edelstein Topaz OR Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki
For use in a Dupont Defi
Looking for a nice vibrant blue and more important minimal bleeding through on paper.

Would greatly appreciate your thoughts
Cheers

woosang
April 29th, 2013, 09:14 PM
First post on this great forum. :)
I would appreciate some assistance in helping decide what to purchase.
Edelstein Topaz OR Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki
For use in a Dupont Defi
Looking for a nice vibrant blue and more important minimal bleeding through on paper.

Would greatly appreciate your thoughts
Cheers

Both are excellent inks but I would say get the iroshizuku it's well behaved and a pretty colour

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2