PDA

View Full Version : So how many Pelikans do you have?

Pages : 1 [2]

Janinutah
March 1st, 2016, 03:42 PM
I have 2 Pelikan 120's which I adore. Sadly, I lost the rounded top of one of them and would LOVE to replace it. Does anyone know where I could get that?

amk
March 2nd, 2016, 12:37 AM
I'm intrigued by the split between modern and vintage Pelikan collectors. Some vintage Pel collectors are downright abusive about the modern version (it's a nib thing, appararently).

How many people are vintage-only, how many buy only new Pelikans, and how many people have some of each?

Pelikan-Vera
March 2nd, 2016, 12:55 AM
I have some vintage and some modern....actually a lot of them. Imho I am a Pelikan addict. the modern nibs are not as nice as the vintage ones, but the M800 size is just so comfortable and they do not exist with a vintage nib. :bounce: Vera

DASEFnib
March 2nd, 2016, 03:39 AM
Just (pre) ordered #7 from Appelboom.....
M205 Blue Transparent w/ EF nib....
Shipping sometime in April...
Planning to ink it with Edelstein Aquamarine...

Always try to get the dibs....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

fountainpenkid
March 2nd, 2016, 10:53 AM
I'm intrigued by the split between modern and vintage Pelikan collectors. Some vintage Pel collectors are downright abusive about the modern version (it's a nib thing, appararently).

How many people are vintage-only, how many buy only new Pelikans, and how many people have some of each?

I started off oohhing and ahhing the modern ones, and had two of them (one blue and one white tortosise M400). But once I discovered the vintage 400, I changed my mind. They are better built (no trim rings on section to corrode, no crack-prone injection molding...), hold more ink (the vintage 400 holds more than the m1000), and the nibs are absolutely spectacular, with just the sort of flexibility that makes them practical for daily use but also allows for great expression. The celluloid bindes also look a lot better. For those who need "big pens", I totally see the drawbacks of the vintage models however.

bluesea
March 2nd, 2016, 01:44 PM

Im still rather new to Pelikan, have owned an M605 for a short while, but have settled on strictly vintage. Basically, why experiment? I have no complaints about modern Pelikan, but have preferred the writing qualities of the vintage I've used, and my experiences seem to go along their reputation.

I tend to prefer a wider pen than the 400, but have trained myself lately to be happy with it, plus I'm holding the pen much higher than before.

Pelikan (400) #3 just ordered this morning. :)

katherine
March 2nd, 2016, 04:30 PM
I've had two vintage Pelikans for a couple months (a 140 and a 400NN), but just got my first modern one. I just sat down to compare the 400NN (medium nib with some "flex") and the M400 nib (14k, two toned nib with the 2 chick logo) -- and I prefer the 400NN. The line they put down is very similar, despite one being a medium and one being a fine, but the extra spring with the vintage nib is great.

Plus the vintage pens are cheaper! :D

mana
March 2nd, 2016, 11:29 PM
Like my previous posts indicates I prefer the vintage Pelikans... ;) Some of the modern ones are really pretty albeit the extensive use of trims puts me off a bit. And I do prefer pens that are not oversized (even though I have large'ish hands).

For me fountain pens are, for the most part, primarily writing tools so the older ones (esp. 100 & 100/101N) take the cake. Let's just say that "the experience is there" with those.

Alanc
March 3rd, 2016, 04:44 AM
Five in my flock:

M215 Rings
M800 Green Striated
M800 Grand Place
M805 Blue Striated
M805 Solid Black

All F or EF nibs and all solid workhorses.

BayesianPrior, I am curious, what would be the probability of your next Pelikan being an M800/5 model?

RuiFromUK
March 3rd, 2016, 07:49 AM
Five in my flock:

M215 Rings
M800 Green Striated
M800 Grand Place
M805 Blue Striated
M805 Solid Black

BayesianPrior, I am curious, what would be the probability of your next Pelikan being an M800/5 model?

Looking at that list something tells me that the Bayesian posterior probability of BayesianPrior getting another M800/5 next is pretty good, most probably the Pelikan M805 Vibrant Blue...

and the Bayesian prior probability of me getting the forthcoming Pelikan M205 Pure Blue Demonstrator Fountain Pen is close to 100%!

BayesianPrior
March 4th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Five in my flock:

M215 Rings
M800 Green Striated
M800 Grand Place
M805 Blue Striated
M805 Solid Black

Looking at that list something tells me that the Bayesian posterior probability of BayesianPrior getting another M800/5 next is pretty good, most probably the Pelikan M805 Vibrant Blue...

and the Bayesian prior probability of me getting the forthcoming Pelikan M205 Pure Blue Demonstrator Fountain Pen is close to 100%!

Haha! Well done both! I think the odds of another M80x are rather mean especially the Vibrant Blue. I may not be a standard deviant, but I like to match my inks to my pens (or is it my pens to my inks?) and my ink collection is skewed away from blues. Now...finding a Toledo at a good price would really get my kurtosis in a knot!!

RuiFromUK
March 7th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Five in my flock:

M215 Rings
M800 Green Striated
M800 Grand Place
M805 Blue Striated
M805 Solid Black

Haha! Well done both! I think the odds of another M80x are rather mean especially the Vibrant Blue. I may not be a standard deviant, but I like to match my inks to my pens (or is it my pens to my inks?) and my ink collection is skewed away from blues. Now...finding a Toledo at a good price would really get my kurtosis in a knot!!

The easiest way out to your dilemma is probably use an alpha-stable rather than a normal distribution. As you know it has fatter tails and therefore what could be considered an outlier using the normal distribution future purchases could be accommodated quite nicely using an alpha-stable distribution.
:jaw:

Chrissy
March 7th, 2016, 05:31 AM
I have 3 Pelikan M400N pens and 2 cheaper Pelikans. I would love to own a City pen, but I don't know which to get, and it needs to be a good price. :) So maybe I will never find one.

mana
April 1st, 2016, 03:37 PM
Hmmm... if I count just the fountain pen then six. Looking to growing my flock of 100/101Ns... ;)

Keepers:
- Later gen 100N Black EF Export with a flexible F nib. My EDC pen, needs a polish though although it is otherwise in great shape, plating on the clip and trim rings is around 98% intact.
- Later gen 100N Green with a flexible EF nib. In great shape, might need a polish though. Plating on the trim rings is around 99% intact, clip renewed.
- Later gen 101N Tortoise with a flexible N nib (left foot oblique EF). My Baby <3 Needs a gentle polish though. Plating on the trims is around 96% intact, clip 100%.

Up for grabs:
- 400NN with an OF nib + a matching(?) pencil. Some pitting and plating loss on the clips etc. Otherwise in very nice shape.
- Black 500 Double L with an M nib. In need of polishing, the doublee cap is covered with microscratches as is the pen body too. Few minor dings.
- Burgundy 140 with a nice M nib. This one has serious plating loss but otherwise in ok shape. Also, the feed needs work. As in, the pen runs for a bit and then just stops.

My trio of 100/101N > https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOKupjyzTd/

Ok, added one grey and one green post-war (synthetic seal) 100N and a 400NN Tortoise to the mix. So I reckon that makes it nine for fountain pens (got matching mechanical pencils for the 100N and 400NN series). Hmmm... will need to get a new piston shaft/rod for one of the 100N, anyone in the know? ;)

katherine
April 1st, 2016, 04:10 PM
I have three. And I just got my dad a green 400NN, he seemed to be curious about mine, but wouldn't take it when I offered it. So now he'll have his own! :D

carlos.q
April 1st, 2016, 05:59 PM
Hmmm... if I count just the fountain pen then six. Looking to growing my flock of 100/101Ns... ;)

Keepers:
- Later gen 100N Black EF Export with a flexible F nib. My EDC pen, needs a polish though although it is otherwise in great shape, plating on the clip and trim rings is around 98% intact.
- Later gen 100N Green with a flexible EF nib. In great shape, might need a polish though. Plating on the trim rings is around 99% intact, clip renewed.
- Later gen 101N Tortoise with a flexible N nib (left foot oblique EF). My Baby <3 Needs a gentle polish though. Plating on the trims is around 96% intact, clip 100%.

Up for grabs:
- 400NN with an OF nib + a matching(?) pencil. Some pitting and plating loss on the clips etc. Otherwise in very nice shape.
- Black 500 Double L with an M nib. In need of polishing, the doublee cap is covered with microscratches as is the pen body too. Few minor dings.
- Burgundy 140 with a nice M nib. This one has serious plating loss but otherwise in ok shape. Also, the feed needs work. As in, the pen runs for a bit and then just stops.

My trio of 100/101N > https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOKupjyzTd/

Ok, added one grey and one green post-war (synthetic seal) 100N and a 400NN Tortoise to the mix. So I reckon that makes it nine for fountain pens (got matching mechanical pencils for the 100N and 400NN series). Hmmm... will need to get a new piston shaft/rod for one of the 100N, anyone in the know? ;)

You can get a 100N piston assembly from Dayne Nix:

http://www.dayneswritesite.com/parts-nibs-boxes-contact.html

Estilografico
April 1st, 2016, 09:35 PM
I don´t any one yet but I'm incubating one that will "hatch" in August. This will be the first of my future Flock. :) I envy all of you. I hope some day to have a great flock. I just love the pelikan pens!!

bwperdue
April 2nd, 2016, 02:45 PM
I'm just a Pelikan beginner with my black 205 Classic, but I find that it is just about the perfect length and diameter for everyday use for me.

Runnin_Ute
April 3rd, 2016, 08:28 PM
Number 4 is on its way. greeen/black M150 to be added to the following:

120 Merz & Krell (black)
M200 blue marbled
M200 Cognac

snowbear
April 8th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Just one (italic)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5643/23658715000_375a9ee553.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/C3D6Hj)
DSC_6525-3 (https://flic.kr/p/C3D6Hj) by Charlie Wrenn (https://www.flickr.com/photos/cmwrenn3/), on Flickr

mana
April 25th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Actually got a new piston shaft from a 140... and have a bunch of wrecked 120 coming my way, going to salvage them for pistons (drop in replacement to later gen 100N). Other than that... got myself another post WWII 100N. This time a black F-nib one, pictured second from the right.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/monthly_04_2016/post-25723-0-78853300-1461614356.jpg

Nevermore
May 2nd, 2016, 05:25 PM
Not a single one and unfortunately, the one I fell in love with (head over heels) was a limited edition and I don't know enough to buy one from eBay or someplace like that. The Cafe & Creme just stole my heart and I would love this to be my first Pelikan. The Amethyst is a close second. I am thinking that I will try to learn enough to buy one privately--depending on my learning curve, I will give up and get the Amethyst.

katherine
May 2nd, 2016, 06:06 PM
Not a single one and unfortunately, the one I fell in love with (head over heels) was a limited edition and I don't know enough to buy one from eBay or someplace like that. The Cafe & Creme just stole my heart and I would love this to be my first Pelikan. The Amethyst is a close second. I am thinking that I will try to learn enough to buy one privately--depending on my learning curve, I will give up and get the Amethyst.

The Cafe Creme and Amethyst both show up occasionally used both here and on other forums. Aesthetic Bay in Singapore still has them on their website. You may also be able to call some local (to wherever you are) stores and find one.

Terie_Benjamin
May 2nd, 2016, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately none. I would love to own the pink.

Nevermore
May 2nd, 2016, 07:00 PM
The Cafe Creme and Amethyst both show up occasionally used both here and on other forums. Aesthetic Bay in Singapore still has them on their website. You may also be able to call some local (to wherever you are) stores and find one.

Well, Katherine, I don't know how to thank you! I have ordered it from Aesthetic Bay (and even used expedited shipping). I am truly grateful for the information and the time you took to respond.

katherine
May 2nd, 2016, 07:57 PM

Well, Katherine, I don't know how to thank you! I have ordered it from Aesthetic Bay (and even used expedited shipping). I am truly grateful for the information and the time you took to respond.

You're welcome! I've admired that pen from a distance for a while, but haven't had the $$$ to spend that much on a single pen. (I did oggle it in person back in January when I was in Singapore... at Aesthetic Bay!) I hope it it shows up quickly! :D

fountainpenkid
May 3rd, 2016, 12:27 PM
Three, and at least for now, that's enough:
Pelikan 400 Black Stripe--semi-flex XF nib
Pelikan 400 Tortoise--semi-flex F-M nib
Pelikan 400 Green Stripe--hard semi-flex Medium stub

I still sometimes want a White tortoise again though... (sadly, they have not become any more affordable since U.s distribution ended).

Nevermore
May 3rd, 2016, 07:52 PM
I am waiting for my first Pelikan to arrive (a Cafe Creme). I have never used tracked shipping before and it has upped my anticipation quite a bit--following the pen on its journey (so far it seems to have made it through two sets of customs already). Since it is coming from so far away, it is on my mind a bit and I have been spending some time trying to decide which ink to put in it. I have two perfectly reasonable choices on hand (Noodler's Golden Brown and Noodler's Kiowa Pecan) but it also seems like a good excuse (er, reason) to get J. Herbins Cafe des Iles or Lie de the. Just having too much fun.

bwperdue
May 14th, 2016, 04:43 PM
You need the Lie de the. It's a great brown ink.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 14th, 2016, 05:10 PM
None. I've never seen a Pelikan pen. Unlikely to either, here.

mychong
June 21st, 2016, 12:32 PM
Pelikan M405 Blue binde. F nib.
Pelikan 400 NN Tortoiseshell binde. EF nib.
Pelikan 140 Green binde. EF nib.
Pelikan Silvexa

pajaro
June 26th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Two K400 green stripe ballpoint.
One K215 ring pattern ballpoint.

fpnut
June 26th, 2016, 09:50 PM
As of today, three more than I should. Two in hand and waiting for one more.

mana
July 3rd, 2016, 05:00 AM
...ummmm. I "accidentally" an another black post WWII 100N with an EF nib. Ooopsie? :D I bought this one from piscov and going by the pics it is very much minty, can't wait for it to arrive. :)

So that makes the total for those...

2x Green Binde
1x Greyish green/Grey binde
2x Black
1x Black (EXPORT)
1x 101N

Still looking to get one of those black EXPORT models with a clear ink window and maybe another 101N with a clear ink window too (and maybe with a celluloid cap top too). The pens I have are in great condition aside from those little quibbles...

Oh and yeah, I really need to get into broader nibs, most of the 100N I have are in semi/full flex EF or F, with one or two M there (cna't really recall). I recently got this wonderful Parker 51 aerometric that has an amazing and gorgeous stubby BB nib (or something like that). It leaves a really wide and luscious line and I would not mind having a Pelikan 100N that would do the same (with flex to boot).

Okiedokie... my flock of post WWII 100N keeps on growing, this time a green one with a B (?) nib. Going by the pics it is in nice shape and a bargain (less than 80€). Also, found a black 140 (sweet Medium semi-flex nib) with a crystal clear ink window & some signs of use for 20€, a minty green stripe 400 in a Pelikan leather etui with papers (cap engraved FARBWERKE HOECHST AG) for 27€. Also bought white and pale blue Pelikan ceramic pen holders.

Need to liquidate everything else I have other than the 100N/101N, 140 & 400 and the pen holders at some point. Aaaaand, now added to the shopping list one unengraved cap for that 400... And maybe a sweet 400 Tortoise? ;)

The latest 100N is missing from the pic.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2016/post-25723-0-17083700-1467475409.jpg

mana
July 13th, 2016, 12:52 AM
News from your resident Pelikan nut... one more post WWII green binde 100N coming my way along with the earlier B nibbed one plus the first and second editions of Pelikan Schreibgeräte.

So, what makes this 100N more special? Ok, the nib is an M with the "modern" pattern used in the later 140 and from there 400 series pens onwards, first one of those for me. Second, it has the 100N inscribed in the cap top. Second first for me. ;)

That bumps the count of post WWII 100/101N to... nine.

StacyBean
July 14th, 2016, 06:46 PM
M200 demonstrator M nib
M805: Blue Striated Broad
M800 Blue oBlue IB nib
M800 Burnt Orange F nib
M800 Red Striated B nib
I've got to stop now!

stub
July 15th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Down to just 2.

One is modern (M805) and one vintage (a user grade 400NN).

I had half a dozen more and sold them all off.

Had 600s and liked them a lot but enjoyed the 800 a bit more and got rid of them once i had the m805, which I really find almost perfect.

Having found love stepping up form the M6000, I tried twice with the M1000 and H A T E D the ones I owned. Awful pens.
Glad to be rid of them. The M805 is a much better pen imo.

Had 3 or 4 other 400s (I've had 400s, a 400n and several 400nns) and loved them all. Sold them when hard times hit and
one I sold to help get the M1000 (that was a mistake).

Glad I kept the one. Really enjoy the 400nn model. A really fun little pen, full of charm and a great writer. Wish I had kept one more. The one
I have is green, the last tort I sold was to help pay for the M1000. I really regret that. The old tort finishes are lovely.

Not a huge pelikan person but I do really appreciate the 2 I have.

mcorrea
July 15th, 2016, 04:49 AM
M600 Blue striped with a BBB (retiped) cursive italic by J. Mottishaw
M600 Black with a F Flexible by J. Mottishaw
M200 red demonstator with M nib
M205 yellow demonstrator with BB nib, ground to a BB stub

I also had a burgundy M400 with a BB cursive italic by J. Mottishaw that I lost years ago, I still sigh thinking about it.

Matias

Denizzz
August 12th, 2016, 04:40 AM
I have two:
M800 Green Striped
M215 Rings

very satisfied with both of them

AZuniga
August 12th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Mainly Pelikan 100's

christof
August 30th, 2016, 08:47 AM
This picture kills me!
You have all of the 101...and this gift boxed 112...
Very impressive.
C.

Hawk
August 30th, 2016, 09:46 AM
M200 demonstrator M nib
M805: Blue Striated Broad
M800 Blue oBlue IB nib
M800 Burnt Orange F nib
M800 Red Striated B nib
I've got to stop now!

Why?

Pelikan-Vera
August 30th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Mainly Pelikan 100's

Wow what a super collection. I love the Toledo. Vera

fountainpenkid
September 5th, 2016, 03:52 PM

I think you've written similar things before. Why exactly? (If you're interested, I'd happily send a Pelikan or two to you.)

pajaro
September 6th, 2016, 12:53 PM

I think you've written similar things before. Why exactly? (If you're interested, I'd happily send a Pelikan or two to you.)

The heck with him. A goading post. If you haven't tried it, why pan it? While I might have times when I feel Pelikan styling doesn't do it for me, the Pelikans I have used have all been among the very best pens I have ever used. The nibs seem to never dry up no matter how long I store the pen with a load of ink in it. How can you ask for more than that? The writing of the Pelikan is smooth and very nice.

carlc
September 6th, 2016, 01:03 PM

The heck with him. A goading post. If you haven't tried it, why pan it? While I might have times when I feel Pelikan styling doesn't do it for me, the Pelikans I have used have all been among the very best pens I have ever used. The nibs seem to never dry up no matter how long I store the pen with a load of ink in it. How can you ask for more than that? The writing of the Pelikan is smooth and very nice.
Actually I think he's saying he can't afford them/doesn't have a pen shop anywhere near. Not that there's anything wrong with them per se.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

carlc
September 6th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Personally I have one of the blue/silver m605s that (I think) was made for a Berlin department store. I'd had one in the past, sold it and then regretted the sale.

I've also had a 140 with a BB nib but sold that for reasons I'm not sure of anymore.

Also a white/tortoise m400 and an m200 that I sold.

I am slowly losing the battle against selling some pens to help towards an m805 Stresemann and this sums up my 'problem' (albeit a first world one). Want to try new pens? Have to sell other pens to 'release' the funds.

Overall Pelikans are good pens that have never let me down. The only reason I don't have many is that I love to go pen 'shopping'!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

amk
September 7th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Just got a new one coming, as I'm down for the tortoise m400 that is being released this month, my Christmas present from my mother. It can sit next to my white tortoise.

DASEFnib
September 8th, 2016, 02:07 AM
An M205 Aquamarine (EF nib) is coming in from Italy next Monday......It's going to be a gift to my great-granddaughter on her 1st birthday....along with a 50 ml bottle of Edelstein Aquamarine ink!!:)
FYI....she was born on March 14th -- hence, the color choice!!;)

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

ronin
September 13th, 2016, 12:47 AM
2 at the moment.

M400 blue striated with a fine nib and a 605 solid blue with a medium nib. I'm sure I will add one or two more..

Empty_of_Clouds
September 13th, 2016, 01:18 AM
None, never seen one, unlikely to ever see one. Sucks, don't it? :(

stub
September 13th, 2016, 02:10 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF Empty_of_Clouds HAS ANY PELIKANS?

Haven't got one, haven't even ever seen one. Probably never will.

What do you think the chances are of me ever even seeing one here?

None. Never seen a Pelikan, unlikely to ever see one either.

None, never seen one, unlikely to ever see one. Sucks, don't it? :(

Empty_of_Clouds
September 13th, 2016, 02:25 AM
That's the problem with long threads AND not reading through the whole damn thing every time! :lazy2:

And yes, I have no Pelikans!

Denizzz
September 13th, 2016, 03:03 AM
Right now 1 have 5, but it probably will grow up to 8 in the nearest future.

datainadequate
September 13th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Just one. A red Pelikano P480 with a Fine nib that isn't as fine as I'd like.

I dream that one day I will be able to afford a Souveran. Not sure which model would suit me best, nor which nib size I'd want, but I figure I have plenty of time to work those details out ;)

datainadequate
September 13th, 2016, 04:26 AM
And yes, I have no Pelikans!

Have you ever considered getting into the writing equipment import business? Clearly there is a gap in the antipodean market :cool:

The Good Captain
September 14th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Just got my latest, yesterday. M400 Brown Tortoise EF nib. A real gem and I'm using Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown in it. An ink I originally thought was a bit pale but it looks pretty good to me now!

mana
September 26th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Just got my first "True Grey" Pelikan 100N. It has a whopping BB+ nib. I am in love! It is my second 100N with a BB/BBB nib, really lovely albeit not that useful as daily writers... oh but who cares. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160926/8eb77fc1a2397deaf22202f3a14948a9.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160926/206f08dd99b0fe56e799a8b2d2d4c33c.jpg

Jacoby190
October 16th, 2016, 05:46 PM
I just bought a Souverän M400 Tortoiseshell Brown with an extra-fine nib to commemorate the birth of my son. I never saw the draw to Pelikans when I was first getting into fountain pens, but have wanted one for a while after going further down the rabbit hole of the FP world. I am not disappointed and think I need more of them😄. I absolutely love this pen🖋❤️

carlos.q
October 16th, 2016, 07:22 PM
I just bought a Souverän M400 Tortoiseshell Brown with an extra-fine nib to commemorate the birth of my son. I never saw the draw to Pelikans when I was first getting into fountain pens, but have wanted one for a while after going further down the rabbit hole of the FP world. I am not disappointed and think I need more of them😄. I absolutely love this pen🖋❤️

Welcome to the club! And as you can see by this thread we all love pictures of our Pelikans... (hint, hint) :wink:

Denizzz
October 20th, 2016, 01:32 AM
Still on 3 x M800 / 805s ... trying to find a Grand Place and Vibrant blue at decent price.

sconny
November 1st, 2016, 09:47 AM
18 after just clearing out a bunch via for sale forums here and on reddit. Plus another 10 or so in parts that are in various stages of repair.

Pics - first two are the closed and posted actively inked pens, last pic is the uninked pens.

https://imgur.com/a/nmHG2

Actively inked:
M800 Tortoise 2013 with a true F nib
400nn Tortoise with a KM flex nib
M400 Tortoise (new model) with a .9 CI Binder grind
M250 Levenger Tortoise with a Dos Ojos F flex Mottishaw grind
M405 Blue with a needlepoint/extraflex Binder grind
M320 Ruby Red with a needlepoint/extraflex Mottishaw grind
M600 Ruby Red with an OM .75 CI 11 degree Binder grind

Uninked, and likely to be posted for sale:
M805 Black M
M600 Black B
M400 Tortoise (the new one) IB
M415 Tortoise F
400nn Tortoise M
400 Tortoise OBB semi-flex
400 Tortoise M
M400 Green M
400 Green F
R400 Red
R800 Green

pajaro
November 1st, 2016, 10:09 AM
The only ones I use are K400 green stripe and K215 rings. Nice versions of the click top Jotter.

sconny
November 1st, 2016, 10:22 AM
Still on 3 x M800 / 805s ... trying to find a Grand Place and Vibrant blue at decent price.

Thats how I started, but I have since found out that I much prefer write with the 400 size model. I do so love the Pelikan rabbithole :)

Monkey
November 1st, 2016, 10:39 AM
I only have two, and one of them is a Twist, lmao. The other is the Aquamarine M205. :)

mana
August 6th, 2018, 08:29 AM
Been a while since this thread has been updated, it seems... The latest addition to my flock came from a surprising place, my spare parts collection. :D

I was going through them this morning for another project and realized that I had parts for a transitional/frankenpen 100N... who knows why I hadn't noticed that before. [emoji28]

Long story short, I cleaned the older gen barrel internally, fitted a post war piston unit to it with a new seal (black from vintagepens.com), plonked in a spare EF nib and assembled a cap with the original older gen ebonite cap top. All nice crisp imprints, nib size matches the nib and no major (or even minor) flaws there.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the binde... as in, it is loose. That faded green/grey one is very nice but I also have a black one from another older gen 100N that had a cracked barrel.

I could of course go crazy and get something else entirely (sterling silver would sound appealing, something along the lines of the work of Henry Simpole...). Anyway, the pen is in a need of some TLC in the form of a gentle polish. And maybe recondition the cap top at some point... Anyway, other than that it is pretty much good to go as it is. :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180806/5a168e5f84aecfdf897539ddeee7cd81.jpeg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180806/6d5edf9a54aa04678ad873c7165042a8.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mana
August 6th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Total count now is... 17.

100N x 10, 101N, 140, 400 Tortoise, 400NN Tortoise & 400NN Green Striped, M200 Blue Marbled and 500NN.

wastelanded01
August 7th, 2018, 08:14 AM
100n, CN OB and Auch pencil
Ibis, 14k OBB
400 green, BB
400 tortoise, OBB
400nn, F
30, M
M215, BB

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

carlos.q
August 7th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Ibis, 14k OBB
400 green, BB
400 tortoise, OBB
400nn, F
30, M
M215, BB

Welcome to FPGeeks! As you may have seen in this forum we all love pictures... (hint)

wingwiper
August 7th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Ibis, 14k OBB
400 green, BB
400 tortoise, OBB
400nn, F
30, M
M215, BB

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180807/4d62fb0f5b5585471b7bd0201445b60e.jpg
Here’s a few......

FredRydr
August 8th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Here are a few Pelikans among my currently inked pens as I just posted in another thread.

jodylud
August 8th, 2018, 06:38 AM
20, with an M700 recently ordered...

wingwiper
August 8th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Here are a few Pelikans among my currently inked pens as I just posted in another thread.

We’re not worthy........

wingwiper
August 9th, 2018, 03:04 PM
woah.............:faint:

mana
August 10th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Core of mine, EDC + one 140 on top. Missing a few...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/6674bbd353a2e9e5e28ea3c89ec6d3cb.jpg

jmccarty3
August 10th, 2018, 06:37 PM
I have 24 Pelikan FPs, 2 vintage mechanical pencils, and 1 RB. Got the FPs all together last night in preparation for cleaning and presentation at the upcoming Pelikan Hub meeting in Dallas.

400NN tortoise (+ pencil)
500 (+ pencil)
101N tortoise
2 x 400NN green stripe (fine & needlepoint)
M1050 black
M1000 black
M800 Renaissance Brown
M805 Gaudi
M800 Black (+ RB)
M815 Metal Pinstripe
M800 Raden Royal Gold
M900 Toledo (original numbered series)
M800 Green Stripe
M620 Grand Place
M620 Athens
M620 Piazza Navona
M605 Dark Blue
M450 Green Vermeil Tortoise
M250 Levenger Special Brown Tortoise
M250 Clear Demonstrator
M320 Orange
M120 Iconic Blue

Cyril
August 14th, 2018, 06:23 PM
I have one pen and I have few more in my wish list.:crazy:
M200 Ef (and it is a great pen with slight feed back on the papers)

Cyril
August 14th, 2018, 06:25 PM
20, with an M700 recently ordered...

Amazing Flock !

Old Man
August 24th, 2018, 04:49 PM
My first.....M800 green stripe with a F nib.....

ChelleW
November 1st, 2018, 08:23 AM
My fledgling flock.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x55/BrewerytownBabe/20180727_114453.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/BrewerytownBabe/media/20180727_114453.jpg.html)

bluefeathers
November 3rd, 2018, 02:23 PM
As of current count, I have 13!! The M600s are my favorites and daily users, especially Green o'Green, white tortoise and Picadilly circus:

M600 red stripes
M600 white tortoise (2012)
M101N brown tortoise (2011)
M400 Brown tortoise (80's/90's +)/M415, 2009, Galeria Kaufhof*
R200 brown tortoise (Levenger)
M101N brown tortoise (2011)
M620 Piccadilly Circus SE (2006)
M600 - Green o' green SE (2011)
M101N red tortoiseshell (2014)
Pelikan m600 Turquoise-white SE (2018)
Pelikan m620 New York
Pelikan m200 classic brown
400 vintage

amk
November 4th, 2018, 03:17 AM
Kind of lost count. I have managed to lay hands on a few bust up 400s bought for not very much that are waiting for a fix, and found a Pelikan cartridge filler at a sale recently, but I'm really proud of these (relatively) recently acquired beauties:
https://imgur.com/nVUbSvkl.jpg
Not bad for someone who says "I don't collect m200s", eh? :-)

pajaro
November 4th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Nine, 4 M2xx, 2 M4xx, 1 605, 1 M300, 1 M320 red.

ShugPug
November 4th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Zero, but I intend to change that next year...

amk
November 5th, 2018, 01:25 AM
And my little store of 200/205 demonstrators has just increased by one, the neon yellow highlighter with BB nib.

They don't make BBs any more!

christof
November 5th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Well, Pelikans....I have quite a few, but don't now exactly how many. Some pics:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7624/16631962723_a3b0a134eb_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rkHa4Z)Pelikan 400_ALL (https://flic.kr/p/rkHa4Z) by C.M.Z (https://www.flickr.com/photos/30169694@N08/), auf Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4744/40323649501_65ec30f2fe_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24rgf9e)Pelikan 100 Grün (https://flic.kr/p/24rgf9e) by C.M.Z (https://www.flickr.com/photos/30169694@N08/), auf Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5452/17788534196_7d8640af40_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/t6UTts)Pelikan 100, 101, 111, 112 (https://flic.kr/p/t6UTts) by C.M.Z (https://www.flickr.com/photos/30169694@N08/), auf Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4589/38768943794_ee4f21757c_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/224SYiq)Pelikan 100_101N 1937-1954 (https://flic.kr/p/224SYiq) by C.M.Z (https://www.flickr.com/photos/30169694@N08/), auf Flickr

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1879/29754336697_a827f6b28f_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/MkhKF8)Pelikan schwarze Streifen (https://flic.kr/p/MkhKF8) by C.M.Z (https://www.flickr.com/photos/30169694@N08/), auf Flickr

C.

mana
February 5th, 2019, 11:54 AM
So, I finally received the 24-pen Pelikan hard case and it is very neat (if I may say so). Instead of the customary black, yellow and gold color scheme (like in the 10-pen Pelikan hard case I already had) this is black, light grey and silver (which I actually prefer). Great size for vintage Pelikans. :)

Exterior of the case, feels like really sturdy cardboard wrapped in textured faux leather. Could be something else, plastic maybe? Measurements are 300 mm by 257 mm (with the hinges and locking mechanism) by 27mm.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1549390009__exterior.jpg

Full interior. The inserts are velvet stippled plastic, the top is padded and covered in silky material. The grooves or slots are suprisingly not too wide but at least they fit all of the vintage Pelikans I have comfortably. Length of the slots is 138mm so they will only fit pens of up to the M700 series size. Maybe this was built before the advent of the M800 etc.? Not a problem for me though.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1549390659__interior_full.jpg

One more shot of the pens in the trays.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1549390712__interior_pens_only.jpg

Very happy overall and if I some day find my flock growing with pens of the M800 and bigger size I will find them a proper home. Maybe that rather expensive 24-pen collector's box... I do like how it looks and if I am buying pens of that price range that box should not be that much of a reach anyhow. :D

mana
February 5th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Oh, I am missing one green 100N from those pics... it is still on the other side of the pond with my notebook. :D

Pendragon
June 28th, 2019, 04:05 PM
I have only two Pelikans. The first is a blue and black M215 I bought in 2005, just after it came out. The second is a blue M605 I bought later from Oscar Braun Pens. It was on sale for $109, which I couldn't pass up. Since I got the M215, my first fountain pen, I have seldom written with anything else. It really is that good. I have not even had another pen inked for the past 10 years.

jbb
June 28th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Zero. All pictured.

Gobblecup
July 9th, 2019, 06:38 PM
28.... O.O I now have 28!

carlos.q
July 9th, 2019, 08:38 PM

Believe it or not these guys are screaming: Pictures! Pictures! :fans:

Gobblecup
July 9th, 2019, 08:45 PM

Believe it or not these guys are screaming: Pictures! Pictures! :fans:

Unfortunately I am out of town (home being Texas) in Connecticut for the summer, I only brought 3 Pelikans with me and bought a m800 stone garden last month in Branford. The ones at home are locked up in a mini safe! I’ll take lots of pics in August when I get home. :)

Gobblecup
July 9th, 2019, 10:15 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/621ec6a1eaacb28c017d5647205b7664.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/22a4ee8fa6760984d66140a829813890.jpg

This is my latest new Pelikan pen, unboxed by a family member from today’s mail!

I may have a pile of new ones not yet locked away all recently arrived in the mail... this includes four yet to arrive.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/bab33aca59b76fe1e9c9ce0c9fcf78ef.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/19a1e9429b9c54d94721bb898d0ced8b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/bc95789b1fef91e7585d98da1760e5d1.jpg

Gobblecup
July 9th, 2019, 10:22 PM
These are some others waiting for me

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/b55a40d2b441275b1bcf2f83735a51ff.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/75d79c93b997ba7714b2eead6bdd31d7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/516c5b05ecafce5e849193c7f6668428.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/14fd44858ae9647ec81531853ef5c38c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/edd70e25053d5015b72ea64ab551d225.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/c4cf8326e6a890a2f74e6b11a8ec90bc.jpg

And these are the ones with me!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190710/cb8eca13d6ff129cf76d4ff6810aeb6b.jpg

fpcollection
July 11th, 2019, 05:38 AM
My Pelikans are all vintages barring the M215-

Pelikan 120
Pelikan 140 Green Striated
Pelikan 140 Blue (solid color)
Pelikan 140 Green (solid color)
Pelikan 400NN Green striated
Pelikan 500NN Gunther Wagner Black
Pelikan 500 Gunther Wagner Black
Pelikan 100
Pelikan M30
Pelikan M40 (Rolled Gold cap)
Pelikan Sylvexa
Pelikan M215 (Rhombus)

WELL, I AM PRESENTLY LOOKING FOR A PELIKAN 640 MOUNT EVEREST (SPECIAL EDITION)... IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME.

carlos.q
July 11th, 2019, 08:54 AM
My Pelikans are all vintages barring the M215-

Pelikan 120
Pelikan 140 Green Striated
Pelikan 140 Blue (solid color)
Pelikan 140 Green (solid color)
Pelikan 400NN Green striated
Pelikan 500NN Gunther Wagner Black
Pelikan 500 Gunther Wagner Black
Pelikan 100
Pelikan M30
Pelikan M40 (Rolled Gold cap)
Pelikan Sylvexa
Pelikan M215 (Rhombus)

Welcome to FPGeeks! That's a sweet collection you have but you really must know that we loooove pictures!!!! :wink:

SIR
July 14th, 2019, 05:35 AM
I have a 14k gold and medium nibbed, near mint, pre-1997 style M225 i would like to find a good home for - looking for c.£150 ono.

Gobblecup
July 14th, 2019, 08:17 AM
I have a 14k gold and medium nibbed, near mint, pre-1997 style M225 i would like to find a good home for - looking for c.£150 ono.

Hello SIR, I could not find any M225 model online, could it perhaps be an M215 or M250? What color is it? Best regards!

SIR
July 14th, 2019, 01:15 PM
You're right... 'tis a black M250!

jonass
March 23rd, 2020, 01:53 AM
I have two, M205 blue marbled (Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-kai) and M120 green-black (Diamine Ultra green), both with broad nibs. Especially the M120 is my Precious! :)

guyy
March 23rd, 2020, 05:17 AM
I have no idea how many 51s i have, but the Pelikans are a part of my collection i can actually count.

- 3 Tortoise 400NN (BB, unmarked B/BB, EF)

- 1 Tortoise 400 (M)

- 2 Green Stripe 400NN (OB,OBB)

- 1 Green Stripe 400 OM

2 M800s in sad shape:

- Very early W German M800 14k nib with broken piston sleeve. One of these days i’ll get around to replacing it.

- M805 black with lots of trim corrosion. Mottishaw Spencerian modded 14k nib.

also, one Deccan Advocate with an M800 14k <B> nib.

countrydirt
March 23rd, 2020, 10:06 AM
1- M800

pajaro
March 23rd, 2020, 12:47 PM
M300, M400, M200.

85AKbN
March 24th, 2020, 03:27 AM
Just the 149 from The Penguin.

https://i.imgur.com/gYUK9gH.jpg

strikers
April 6th, 2020, 12:07 PM
only one

pelikan 0,5

mana
June 6th, 2020, 04:57 AM
Have been on a bit of a shopping spree (well, have bought one set and one pen this year, both super good ones though). That ups the number of Pelikans I have in my possession* to 21 fountain pens and five mechanical pencils.

1x Pelikan 101N (post war)
9x Pelikan 100N (post war, from grey to deep green and EEF to BBB)
1x Pelikan 100N (pre war)
1x Pelikan 500NN Black stripe (Frankenpelikan with a cap from Gimborn 150, sweet combo).
1x Pelikan 400NN Green stripe
2x Pelikan 400NN Tortoise
1x Pelikan 400N Tortoise
2x Pelikan 400 Tortoise
1x Pelikan 140
1x Pelikan 120
1x Pelikan M200 Blue Marbled

* One user grade post war 100N and the notebook that it is strapped on is still in the states with my fiancée... lol. I think I laid it on her open luggage several years ago when she was leaving back to the states and in all the hurry to rush to the airport in time it got left in there. I have even been there a number of times in the meantime but never got around to picking it up (it somehow ended up in storage at her folks). I have already given up on ever getting that pen back :D

Fermata
June 6th, 2020, 05:46 AM
Just two Pelikans, an unused cafe creme and a well used 800 in black with a broad nib. I am one of those who says that the 800 is probably the best designed and built modern pen, I find it difficult to fault and only cost me £25!

billeames
June 9th, 2020, 03:48 PM
I have M1000 (2). Its great as far as size, great nib. Writes consistently. Bill

mana
June 10th, 2020, 09:28 AM
...aaaaaaand I am totally hopeless... +1 to that list above.

I recently bought a 100N with a BB-nib to die for. Sharply cut with insane amount of tipping... and the price wasn't that awful either.

Anyway, the guy that I bought the 100N from also had a run of the mill green stripe "F" marked 400 with the usual wear to the cap trim edge... with another healthy looking BB-nib! Not as sharp though but it was also an early script nib with loads of tipping...

And then he made me an offer that I simply could not refuse. :facepalm:

Well, it should be on my way shortly. I am just wondering how on earth he had ended up with those? Maybe he inherited them? Or a lucky flea market find. The thing is, that 400 had a nib swapped to it post sale so it was made on purpose... need to ask him.

Runnin_Ute
June 10th, 2020, 04:41 PM
Let's see....
Jazz Elegance (c/c pen)-M
M150-F
120 Merz and Krell -M
140-F
400NN -EF
M200 Cognac -F
M200 Blue Marbled old style -OB
M200 Brown Marbled -M
M200 Gold Marbled -B
M400 White Tortoise -B

I think that is all of them. Currently the 140, 400NN, all the M200's and the M400 sre inked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pajaro
June 15th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Let's see....
M150-F
120 Merz and Krell -M
140-F
400NN -EF
M200 Cognac -F
M200 Brown Marbled -M
M200 Gold Marbled -B
M400 White Tortoise -B

I think that is all of them. Currently the 140, 400NN, all the M200's and the M400 sre inked.

Very nice collection.

RuiFromUK
June 16th, 2020, 05:29 AM
Sincerely, no idea.

Runnin_Ute
July 5th, 2020, 09:26 PM
Let's see....
M150-F
120 Merz and Krell -M
140-F
400NN -EF
M200 Cognac -F
M200 Brown Marbled -M
M200 Gold Marbled -B
M400 White Tortoise -B

Very nice collection.Thanks

pajaro
July 13th, 2020, 12:36 PM
M400 White Tortoise
M400 Blue stripe
M200 Anthricite
M200 gray swirl, older type
M200 black, older type
M300 green stripe
Pelikano, red
K400 green stripe
K215 rings

folksathome
July 13th, 2020, 06:45 PM
Alot

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mana
September 3rd, 2020, 06:29 AM
Latest additions bumbed the total of fountain pens to... 23* vintage Pelikans and one M200.

9x post war 100N,
1x war time/pre war 100N,
1x post war 101N,
1x 120,
1x 140,
2x 400 Tortoise,
1x 400N Tortoise,
2x 400NN Tortoise,
2x 400 Green stripe,
1x 400NN Green stripe &
500NN/Gimborn 150 frankenpelikan in black stripe.
M200 Blue Marbled

* One post war 100N is still supposedly at my fiancées parents place but I did not count that.

I also have a bunch of vintage mechanical pencils and one M200 Blue Marbled rollerball.

https://i.redd.it/x4qlcj6iv5i51.jpg

TFarnon
September 3rd, 2020, 07:02 AM
I have 6 Pelikans:

A Pelikan Celebry P590 in Venetian Red with a 14k nib

A Pelikan New Classic P370 in blue with a steel nib

A Pelikan Souveran 600 in white/violet with a 14k nib

A Pelikan M205 in Star Ruby

A Pelikan M120 in green and black with a steel nib

A Pelikan P20 Twist in bright colors

GoldenDragon
March 8th, 2021, 08:38 PM
I have only one Pelikan M750 Special Edition with M nib.

Ole Juul
March 9th, 2021, 06:27 AM
I have half a Pelikan. Maybe even less because I don't even know if it works yet. I ordered an old 100n and it's in the mail.

mizgeorge
March 9th, 2021, 12:34 PM
More than I need and never as many as I want (and a couple more arriving tomorrow)

All bar 2 or 3 are at least 50 years old, and many a lot older than that. I'd get rid of the newest one (a Celebry) but I really like the nib (hate everything else about it, especially the metal section). I favour the lower numbered pens - nothing above than a 400 - as with the exception of my very special MB149, I really don't get on with heavyweights.

This has been a very timely post as it made me go and tend to the flock a little - only to discover a favourite of my more modern chicks, an MC120 (or M150 with a fantastic 1.0 nib) has just dumped a pretty much complete fill of Doyou into the piston mechanism. I know what I'm doing this evening...

Zoe
March 9th, 2021, 01:49 PM
I have four: two M200s, one M205 and one M215. If I had my wits about me when I started to buy, not yet collect, fountain pens, I would have stuck to pens like the Pelikan.

Runnin_Ute
March 27th, 2021, 07:07 PM
Let's see....
M150-F
120 Merz and Krell -M
140-F
400NN -EF
M200 Cognac -F
M200 Brown Marbled -M
M200 Gold Marbled -B
M400 White Tortoise -B

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkJust recently added both a M100 with an M and a M205 Duo in transparent green with a BB nib to the flock.

bhbarto
May 14th, 2021, 11:41 AM
Two. A M200 Smoky Quartz and a 400, both with fine nibs.

Linger
May 14th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Our flock:

M1005 Stresemann EF
M800 Green M
M805 Blue F
M205 Olive M

My wife got a M600 Violet M and my daughter (first of three to receive as graduation gift) a M600 Green M with a K600 Green in the nice two pen pouch.

guyy
May 14th, 2021, 05:35 PM
I have no idea how many 51s i have, but the Pelikans are a part of my collection i can actually count.

- 3 Tortoise 400NN (BB, unmarked B/BB, EF)

- 1 Tortoise 400 (M)

- 2 Green Stripe 400NN (OB,OBB)

- 1 Green Stripe 400 OM

2 M800s in sad shape:

- Very early W German M800 14k nib with broken piston sleeve. One of these days i’ll get around to replacing it.

- M805 black with lots of trim corrosion. Mottishaw Spencerian modded 14k nib.

also, one Deccan Advocate with an M800 14k <B> nib.

Added a few since posting this:

400 tortoise with OBB
400 black in DEF
400 black stripe in F

100N in F

jodylud
May 14th, 2021, 05:46 PM
33 so far, with an M1000 EF in Black coming from Cult Pens (15%Off)...

mizgeorge
May 14th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Rather more than I'm prepared to admit to. Of which I use about a dozen all the time.

lonelyboy888
May 15th, 2021, 01:46 AM
Only two:

M800 Green Stripe - F nib
M805 Blue Dune - EF nib

Sailor Kenshin
May 15th, 2021, 08:01 AM
A few....

A 120 given years ago as a gift, an M2x with TIPPED italic nib that writes beautifully, and lately an M600 with black and red stripes. I wouldn't mind adding a couple more, especially lower-end moderns with steel nibs, or vintage models.

This is not counting all the Pelikanos and Juniors lying around.

Chip
June 27th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Two: a Souverän 800 brown and gold (F) and an M101N Bright Red (F) limited edition which isn't really bright red but more of a tomato soup shade.

Both of them write really well.

Cyril
June 29th, 2021, 04:11 AM
Just one pen and my favourite pen M200 :)

Cyril
June 29th, 2021, 04:13 AM
Latest additions bumbed the total of fountain pens to... 23* vintage Pelikans and one M200.

9x post war 100N,
1x war time/pre war 100N,
1x post war 101N,
1x 120,
1x 140,
2x 400 Tortoise,
1x 400N Tortoise,
2x 400NN Tortoise,
2x 400 Green stripe,
1x 400NN Green stripe &
500NN/Gimborn 150 frankenpelikan in black stripe.
M200 Blue Marbled

* One post war 100N is still supposedly at my fiancées parents place but I did not count that.

I also have a bunch of vintage mechanical pencils and one M200 Blue Marbled rollerball.

https://i.redd.it/x4qlcj6iv5i51.jpg

This is quite a treasure collection. Amazing bunch of Pelikans !!! Congrats!

mana
June 29th, 2021, 06:07 AM
Latest additions bumbed the total of fountain pens to... 23* vintage Pelikans and one M200...

This is quite a treasure collection. Amazing bunch of Pelikans !!! Congrats!

Thanks! It is nice that you commented and reminded me of the pens that I have. As in, I've been on a bit of a hiatus pen purchase-wise, and pretty much content just using my three EDC Pelikans. Acquiring new "vintage" pens is always nice but it is important to also remember the good that one already has.

BayesianPrior
June 29th, 2021, 07:56 AM
Too many. Four M800s and a M215. Maybe it's time to release a couple M800s into the wild...

mizgeorge
June 29th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Lots of vintage including various 100/100N/101/101N/140/400/400N/400NNs, a couple of MC120s, lots of M100/200/205s, both old style and new.

Some M600s (still not sure about these).

The heavier Souveräns have left the building - I just don't get on with the weight or the nibs.

And there's a Celebry P580 that needs to be sold - the balance is all wrong for me, which is a shame because the nib's lovely.

Malcolm
June 30th, 2021, 02:08 AM
This is my small flock...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51280558093_722be63b88_b.jpg

Two 100's, a 200, a205, and a 400. The blue 205 is in use at the moment.

Cyril
July 8th, 2021, 06:08 PM
This is my small flock...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51280558093_722be63b88_b.jpg

Two 100's, a 200, a205, and a 400. The blue 205 is in use at the moment.

Small is beautiful . I know somebody said it and that make sense !!!!

I am happy I have more smaller and that means " More beautiful ".. dose it make sense ?? :thank_you2:

Malcolm
July 9th, 2021, 02:04 AM
Small is beautiful . I know somebody said it and that make sense !!!!

I am happy I have more smaller and that means " More beautiful ".. dose it make sense ?? :thank_you2:

Perfect sense. :thumb:

amk
July 9th, 2021, 02:25 AM
Two: a Souverän 800 brown and gold (F) and an M101N Bright Red (F) limited edition which isn't really bright red but more of a tomato soup shade.

Both of them write really well.

Well, at least it's not tomato soup and M 200 cafe creme, which would be a really horrible mix! :-)

TammysPenPassion
July 10th, 2021, 04:21 PM
These are all the Pelikans I currently own. Needs improvement!

bhbarto
July 11th, 2021, 01:25 PM
Awesome collection!

amk
July 13th, 2021, 03:30 AM

That's a gorgeous collection. I think it needs the vibrant green 600 to sit next to the orange (yes, I have both). The lizard and the brown tortoise/brilliant red pairing are superb.

What's the one with the rings on the barrel? Very good looking.

TammysPenPassion
July 13th, 2021, 06:44 AM

That's a gorgeous collection. I think it needs the vibrant green 600 to sit next to the orange (yes, I have both). The lizard and the brown tortoise/brilliant red pairing are superb.

What's the one with the rings on the barrel? Very good looking.

:big_boss:Thanks so much for your kind words about my rather humble "collection." Actually, I call my assortment of pens a "hoard" rather than a "collection." The latter generally implies some sort of direction, a goal, whereas the former is a jumbled potpourri of myriad pens. I tend to just buy what I like and if it turns out I don't end up liking it, try to sell the pen, usually at a substantial loss. Yes! I would love to find a vibrant green with a fine of extra fine nib. I am also on the hunt for the "Hemingway" M800 (the one with the brown cap and orange barrel) and the first M101N. So I almost forgot to answer your question regarding the pen with the rings: it is a M215 "rings" from the classic collection. I have it fitted with a gold nib that is designed for the M400 series but thanks to a sale I was able to pick one up in a Fine and swap the OE Stainless nib out for the gold. Great writing pen.

BlkWhiteFilmPix
September 2nd, 2021, 12:13 PM
Several M800's: a Tortoise Shell with a Medium nib, a blue/black one with the stock Italic Broad nib, and a Black whose OB nib I swapped for the Cursive Italic that I had John Mottishaw customize from the Broad nib on my M805 clear demo.

My four-year-old M805 clear demo now sports a Medium Cursive Italic nib customized by the Nib Grinder/Mark Bacas that I just bought from Kalyx on this forum.

The M805 clear demo is once again a daily carry. The medium cursive italic writes much more smoothly than the Broad customized to CI that came with the pen.

Some writing samples here (https://www.bobsoltys.net/musings/flexniborcursiveitalicnib). Sorry for the link instead of a jpg file, but I can't attach jpg files to posts or private messages. C'est la vie.

bhbarto
September 2nd, 2021, 05:15 PM
I added a couple more this summer…

M200 Smoky Quartz, Fine
400 Green Striped, Fine
M405 Blue Striped, Extra Fine
M600 Red Striped, Fine
M805 Blue Dunes, Fine

BoBo Olson
September 30th, 2021, 01:02 PM
@ 30, not counting a 450, 455 (late '50's?) and two just W.Germany BP&MP (NOS) to go with the blue W.Germany 200 NOS. Have a 250 NOS.....................I do have enough nibs of those era's I don't have to test the NOS nibs. Do have another W.Germany 200, and a mid '90's one, and 5-6 modern ones counting a 215.

I'll have to sit down and do an inventory some day; with pictures. (what pictures I do have show other pens also. )

My top Pelikans are an eyeballed OBBB (they didn't mark the rolled gold piston cap) 30 degree grind, maxi-semi-flex 500. (Early '50's to '54) That is a tortoise, and lighter than modern.
..........do like my '54 transitional matching tortoise 400 well also.

My post war 100n has a superflex....first stage Easy Full Flex, KF/KEF not marked just has a k mark, but eyeballed. Will go to 5 X a light down stroke, so strive not to go over 4 X. Do read Richard Binder's fine article on metal fatigue.

My '93 regular flex B Toledo 915 Hunter is another one I never expected to have.

And I finally got a W.Germany 800....The silver overlay on the 800 sized Hunter makes it a much heavier pen than the 800.

amk
October 8th, 2021, 01:30 PM
One more than I did yesterday :-)

I was a bit underwhelmed by pics of the 200 Gold Beryl, which I'd hoped would be much 'goldener'... but today found an M805 Blue Dunes at a price I couldn't resist.

Sailor Kenshin
October 8th, 2021, 04:53 PM
One more than I did yesterday :-)

I was a bit underwhelmed by pics of the 200 Gold Beryl, which I'd hoped would be much 'goldener'... but today found an M805 Blue Dunes at a price I couldn't resist.

Yes. I thought, 'What gold?'

TinaLe
November 23rd, 2021, 12:16 PM
I have two one school fountain pen from the 1980’s and the other is a M10 ( I think) with a broken piston so I need to figure out how to fix it and where to get parts

pajaro
November 23rd, 2021, 12:48 PM
I am down to four, two M200s and two M400s. Haven't used them in years. Sentimental associations.

BoBo Olson
November 28th, 2021, 12:54 PM
I had an envy drool at the sight of some of the rarer pens that are on my wish list; other pens not so rare but very pretty, that could be on my wish list in I do have better nibs to stick on them***......until I just realized, no one showed a Dolphin Pelikano.:haha:

I will have to count mine, and take pictures....I think I've been saying that for a couple years now.

*** I am not a fan of the modern post '97 nibs, and just found out sometime in the last 5 or so years the 200's nib went down hill too.:deadhorse:

pajaro
November 28th, 2021, 08:46 PM
I think all these pens write OK. I lost interest in the look of them.

Old Codger
November 29th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Just one - an M1000

Doggy Daddy
September 15th, 2022, 12:41 AM
2 & 1/2. I have a M805 Blue-Black with an Extra-Fine Nib, a M800 Red-Black with a Broad Nib, and a M805 Stressman which has no nib. I plan to install a M800 Italic Broad Nib in it. Both the Extra-Fine and Broad nibs are very smooth and write beautifully.

BoBo Olson
September 18th, 2022, 04:56 PM
I knew I had a lot....but had never counted them.:shocked: I have been collecting pens for some 15 years.
Not counting a old MP's (3) &BP's (3) and a modern RB. They were in live auction lots. I didn't chase them. 38 all in all.....So @ 1/3 of my pens are Pelikans.
I really like that Pelikan 450 MP....great balance.

The 455 BP, has all the problems of a 1950's ball point.
The K200 is OK... looks....'60s' style, but is later. Pelikan Perch didn't say when it was first sold....could well be late '85-90 in my NOS FP 200/BP K-200/MP D-200 are the W.Germany era.

But I live in Germany and once they were affordable, on Ebay, or in live auctions. At the time they were mostly 'overpriced' in flea markets so only a few are from that source.

They are still much more affordable on German Ebay than Stateside, if one goes auction only. @ E100+or-.

And I seem to have enough, except for a couple or three....but they are $$$. So unless I sell a lot of pens, they will remain.....drooling thoughts.

My first semi-flex was a 140 OB, and after that I started chasing used Pelikans. And I developed a liking for the nice springy regular flex nibs.

and :noidea: started wide, had narrow to hold space 'only' and now tend to like M nibs.

Two reasons, cheaper and better nibs than the stiffer fatter modern post '97-now gold nibs.

Post war 100n was made until 1954. I have one.

I also have an Auch Pelikan MP 1934-36, and what could have been a matching 100, but it had nib problem sometime, in it has a CN nib and it's only springy regular flex not the semi-flex or superflex CN's that some have.
This lot I won two weeks ago.
https://i.imgur.com/SXx7eYC.jpg

joolstacho
September 18th, 2022, 05:47 PM
I'm envious BoBo!
I gave away my beautiful old M140 (I think that's what it was) but just I had to replace it so I bought a nice M200. I love it.
I have kept the mechanical pencil that came with my old Pelican, -that's a nice thing.

BoBo Olson
September 18th, 2022, 05:52 PM
140's the best of the German medium-small pens that was so popular in the '50-60's, in it has a longer cap than say a Geha 760, Kawico Dia, so is better balanced. The same size as a 400 and as well balanced.

I like the old .... 4-5 years or older 200's nice springy teardrop clean line nib. Use to rave about such a grand nib.....then 4 or so years ago they went over to double ball on it too.:rant:

joolstacho
September 18th, 2022, 06:03 PM
I only have a few pens, 'lower-end' -nothing exotic or highly desirable, and the M200 is my favourite. I do have big hands though, so the 200 is a little on the small side. I wonder if I should look for a larger Pelican... maybe a 600? What suggestions - (It has to be inexpensive though).

BoBo Olson
September 19th, 2022, 05:31 AM
This the 'forefinger up grip' is an automatic light grip. Often one reads it takes up to 6 months of constant effort to develop a light grip with the classic tripod.
With the forefinger up, it takes three minutes.
Someone from over where the guys who can really write came over to the main section of FPN some dozen years ago, and showed us this grip.
I had used a very heavy classic tripod all my life, some 55 years at the time....and writing hurt or was tiresome.
I've been using the forefinger up ever since. No more hand fatigue, no pressure pain, and a Light Hand.

A 600 is a great medium large pen a bit bigger than your 200, medium girth, well balanced posted. I have a modern 605 semi-nail and the 400 sized old 600 deluxe with a nice springy regular flex nib. ...I suggest getting a monotone '50-65 factory stubbed semi-flex nib for it. I used a semi-flex B on it for ages:thumb:. Finally got the BB on the 605 stubbed to a 1.0/B. I had factory swapped in a nice M for the BB in I knew I was going to get it stubbed or made CI, that was a bit latter than planned. :crazy:

I don't use the classic tripod, instead I use the 'forefinger up' method of grasping a pen.
There are three tricks to it. The thumb is flat, and at 08:30 not the deadly kungfu pinch of the tripod. The forefinger is long and only rests at 12:00-12:30 (best) or even 13:00 if you wish.
The crease of the first forefinger joint is your marker. move the thumb to that and the pen rests a bit higher, Slide your thumb back 1/4-1/3 and inch and the pen rests lower.

The idea is to find where 'that pen' is comfortable, just after the first index finger joint, or at the start of the web of the thumb. Sliding the flat thumb a bit back or forwards to the first joint crease will do that.

That's why I put in so many pictures.
A '90's 400 and the blue 605.
https://i.imgur.com/8nQtWl5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jLcQ1QX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Uwsrv1V.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Mh9fmyO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OXZIMyy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JmyB1nh.jpg

joolstacho
September 19th, 2022, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the input BoBo, -interesting. BUT for me, the grip must be my natural grip, - because I was taught the correct way from the year dot! ('Can't teach an old dog new tricks!') Three fingertips balancing one-another seems to me the ultimate balanced grip for finest control, though I'm sure others will disagree. Whatever works for you is good by me, BUT see below*

I'm a designer/artist and my grip gives me ultimate control, whether drawing or writing. (*I'm appalled at my grandkids grips - obviously taught by brainless teachers who have no concept of good pen/pencil control). Anyway thanks. I'm lucky, my father was an artist, and he made me hold correctly from year one. I'll be looking out for a 600. (or 800?)

Prettypenguin
September 20th, 2022, 08:29 AM
I have just two Pelikans, a M800 from the late 80s, with a 14c M nib that my dad bought me at around that time, and a new white Pelikan Jazz Elegance that I bought on a whim recently. I really want a blue Souveran, probably smaller than the M800, and a blue M120.

BoBo Olson
September 21st, 2022, 04:01 AM
I forgot to add, I consider a 600 to be a light and nimble pen...even if I only have one medium large one, it is a pen worth having.

I do like being able to put vintage stubbed semi-flex or the 200's nib on it, in place of the semi-nail it is issued with.

stoen
December 17th, 2022, 08:52 AM
It’s been some time since my last visit to this forum. Meanwhile I gathered quite a few Pelikans, around 15, some of them still in the restoration process. Most have been almost meant to “feed the nearest garbage can”. As Pelikan pens are known to be my hobby among friends, many such pens have been just donated to me, or sold for very modest price. Some also purchased in flea markets. Thanks to a dear and generous friend, a professional pen repairer and restorer I learned few important “tricks of the trade” and tooled-up.
So, I slowly put those pens back to life, with no intention of making them collectible and selling them - I gave some as gifts to friends. That’s a great experience, seeing old pens coming back to life and writing as new.
To put it short, I only have vintage Pelikan pens. The oldest is a black / malachite green 1930/1 Pelikan 100. The newest is a 1973. tortoise Merz & Krell 400NN.

My favorites are a 1936 black/green 100 with OBB nib, a pre-war dark tortoise 101N with ST nib, a red tortoise 101N with a special and rare, very flexible slightly stubbish nib (from my family estate) and a black green 400N, with OF nib.

Here’s the OBB nib 100 and EF nib M&K 400NN

Here’s my trusty OF 400N:

Here’s the malachite green early 100 with the “windrose” B nib:

And two more of them. Please feel free to guess the model and year:

And still few more: - a 1932 100 w. M nib

- a 1938 100N (or 101N) w. special flex nib

Pardon my being slow at adding pictures - cellphone interface has limited functionality. Hope these pictures satisfy the thread suggestions and you find the pens worth being photographed. Please pardon my not being able to take picture of all my Pelikans. They are not in the same place. Yet, all of them are great writers and I use and like them as such. IMHO, in terms of writing responsiveness, nothing compares to vintage Pelikans.

carlos.q
December 17th, 2022, 09:02 AM
:postpics:

Gulfcoast
December 19th, 2022, 01:11 PM
I have 9 in total. An M1000, an M400, five M800's, and two vintage, I think that they are 400 n's, IIRC.

sirgilbert357
February 17th, 2023, 01:58 PM
I just have four, but they are some of my most cherished. All M80X's. I only want one more: an M1000 with a fine nib. Then I'll be done.

Dougc
February 17th, 2023, 03:49 PM
Seven .

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

mana
February 28th, 2023, 11:47 AM
State of the vintage Pelikan fountain pen collection as of 2023-02-28... missing one 100N still, lost somewhere in the US of A...

But yeah, with the very recent addition of the IBIS 130 and a second early production 140 my vintage Pelikan fountain pens seem to have outgrown their coop… the only saving grace are the pens that are up or on top of the others, they are my EDC trio housed in a separate Pelikan hardshell case… so there actually is room for a few more… 🤪

…before I have to get a new case 🤣

https://i.redd.it/j09zjtpwhzka1.jpg

christof
February 28th, 2023, 02:46 PM
Very nice flock.
…and there is a Gimborn too!

mana
February 28th, 2023, 09:45 PM
Very nice flock.
…and there is a Gimborn too!

A half-Gimborn, to be more precise ;) The cap is from a Gimborn 150 but the body/pen is a 500NN Black Striped.

Both pens had broken parts (cap and barrel) so I introduced those two to each other and the rest is history…

That is one of my favourites, aesthetically very pleasing, and even though it is a frankenpelikan it feels very much like a whole thing that could have been in Pelikan catalog if they had retained the old style clip.

pyiyha
March 3rd, 2023, 02:12 AM
My modest flock of Pelikans:
Two FPs, early 50's 400, and a late 50's 400NN set with a ballpoint and a pencil.

Cyril
March 21st, 2023, 04:06 PM
I had only One PeliKan and it was M200 Modern pen.

So Now I have to correct that record as I have now two PeliKans as I am adding a new pen to the PeliKan Collection.

I believe it is the vintage M200 pen that has a 14K EF nib. In this thread there's no other evidence of having that pen in anyone collection.
I think I am blind and my vision is really distracted among all the other pelicans superstars on displays over here. :facepalm:

My apologies folks !!!

mana
March 24th, 2023, 01:43 PM
My modest flock of Pelikans:
Two FPs, early 50's 400, and a late 50's 400NN set with a ballpoint and a pencil.

The binde on that 400 looks gorgeous! 😍

TBSDSpaniard
April 22nd, 2023, 09:08 PM
Eight Pelikans in my flock;

2 m1000, one modern and one 2chick
1 r800
3 m80x, 2chick, burnt orange, stresseman
M400 vintage
M400 modern
M480

Namo
May 8th, 2023, 05:36 AM
Surprisingly, quite a few. Surprisingly because I am not so excitied by modern Pelikan nibs and beacause older pens a a bit thin for my hand. This being said, I LOVE vintage Pelikan nibs, esp. the 400 lines ones - even succeeded in puting one in my Danitrio Densho Body :dance3:

So currently:
a 400nn in green stips, with an extraordinary F nib;
a 400nn tortoise brown currently with a flex OB nib;
a m250 demo fitted with a vintage B nib;
the good old 120 of my late mother - the nib died on this one, I am using it with a Waterman n°2 on the Pelikan original feed
a 140 with a nice, rigid F nib
a red m205 thata was a gift to my mother, with a stuibbed B steel nib.
a couple of Level 65 that I am not using much
a school pen bought with the hope that my son would like to write with a FP.

That's about it!

DanceOfLight
May 17th, 2023, 02:34 PM
Too many :grouphug:

Pelikan M1000 Black Nib: Special-grind at Pelikan Fabrik Hanover :) a beautiful Italic
Pelikan M1000 Green Nib: Medium
Pelikan M1000 Stressaman Nib: Medium
Pelikan M200 Demonstrator Nib: Medium
Pelikan M215 Rhombus Nib: Medium
Pelikan M215 Rings Nib: Medium
Pelikan M215 Rings Nib: Medium
Pelikan M400 White Tortoise Nib: Medium
Pelikan M640 SE - Everest Nib: Fine
Pelikan M800 Red-Black Nib: Medium
Pelikan M800 Blue-Black Nib: Medium
Pelikan M800 Blue-Black Nib: Medium
Pelikan M800 Stressaman Nib: Extra Fine

Sadly, most of em may have go on sale soon, as I dont seem to have used any of them except for the 215 Rhombus and M1000 with the Special nib. Not sure I have the heart to let go of the special edition M1000 Stresamann, but may have to :-( . O, well...

FredRydr
May 17th, 2023, 06:17 PM
What is a rhombus nib?

iosepus
May 19th, 2023, 12:46 AM

Cheers,

BT

amk
May 19th, 2023, 12:56 AM
I have officially given up counting.

My latest acquisition is a boring black Pelikan 400. But it has a BB nib! :-)

Desertrat214
May 21st, 2023, 01:32 PM
I have 3.....two M200's and one M400. Pelikan is the first "broad nib" pen that I have really enjoyed using.
Not OVERLY borad so it lays down a river of ink, but enough to look awesome on signatures and special notes in my
journals.

FredRydr
May 21st, 2023, 05:25 PM
What is a rhombus nib?
Anyone have a trapezoid nib?

JulieParadise
May 21st, 2023, 09:46 PM
What is a rhombus nib?
Anyone have a trapezoid nib?

I'd guess they simply meant a nib with a noticeably "boxy" form, in contrast to a round or tear-shaped nib.

mana
May 21st, 2023, 11:43 PM
What is a rhombus nib?

Unless you threw that one out there in jest (ya never know on the internet), there is no such thing as a "rhombus nib". The pen in question is a "Pelikan M215 Rhombus", it has a black metal binde that has squares/boxes engraved into it (hence the name).

But now that I let my imagination wander a bit... I see a boxy nib that has four different inks, one for each of the forward edges. Now that would be something... :D

And back on topic, how many Pelikans do I have... sadly, since the last update, their number has remained the same. I aim to correct that this week though, provided I am fortunate enough to remain in favor of the gods of commerce and luck (translated: I have my eye on a few auctions that end this week). ;)

JulieParadise
May 22nd, 2023, 01:12 AM
What is a rhombus nib?
But now that I let my imagination wander a bit... I see a boxy nib that has four different inks, one for each of the forward edges. Now that would be something... :D

:offtopic: Uuh, ideas: To have something like that one would need a nib with a cross-wise/double slit, like two big stubs or Sailor's music nibs welded together, but the middle of the connecting channel closed and the channels to the four slit openings/sides each going to a different ink chamber/quarter cartridge. Depending on which angle you write, you get another color.

iosepus
May 22nd, 2023, 07:10 AM
Something like this?

77846 (https://estilofilos.blogspot.com/2013/07/pelikan-1600.html)

Cheers,

BT

mana
July 12th, 2023, 08:03 AM
+1 is the answer... ;) I recently added a Black-Striped Pelikan 400 to my collection, a wonderful pen with a fantastic flexy 14k nib in B.

Pen42
July 16th, 2023, 11:52 AM
Here my Pelikan collection 😊

Pelikan M800 Red-Black. Nib: Medium
Chronoswiss Styloscope by Pelikan (a green domostrator with silver finish based on the M800). Nib: Broad
Pelikan M1000 Green-Black. Nib: Medium
Pelikan M1000 Raden Red Infinity. Nib: Medium