PDA

View Full Version : Open apology to Chrissy

Sammyo
September 7th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Please read this in a soft, slightly sad tone, there is no aggression or spite in anything written below. I am doing this openly, and publicly and not hiding in a PM.

Chrissy, you did not just omit a word, you asked a question on a forum that someone responded to and it shouldn't matter who. The correct response is either "nothing" or "Thanks for the info. David, does this match what you found?". There are two sides to everything and who knows where a story truly starts, because each person sees events in a way that fits their own perspective. I have (many years ago now) been involved in this kind of feud and after much deliberation and open discussion, found out that both of us were "technically right" and are now friends outside of that forum (not this one, not even pen related). I suppose that is why I hate to see it. Personal experience has shown me that "text without intonation" can be incredibly damaging and very often a post read with an unintended tone can cause factions and unnecessary hatred.

And to curtail any other thoughts, I do not know Migo984 outside of the guess the ink thread, this is not a personal attack. I had originally said "I had started..." not finished. Yes you were the first, it was a comment that really pissed me off! It was not becoming of you and what I've seen of you here, I thought you were better than that... but it is clear that I am in the minority. This will be my last post in FPG for a while, I will not be taking part in MI#13 as it is clear I am the one that is not welcome here.

Chrissy, I wish you well, I am sorry I caused you personal anguish, this was not my intent. I see this as a nothing more than a forum for people to talk happily about what they love without all the schoolyard crap. It is clear to me that this is much more to some people. I will give you positive rep to over-ride the negative rep I issued and not just on any post, a post that deserves it.

The global time difference plays a huge factor in all of this too, plus the fact that I am very busy and tired right now.

I wish you all well,

Sam Oram (yes my real name, not a faceless unidentifiable user name)

Chrissy
September 8th, 2016, 04:48 AM
Dear Sam

I thank you for your apology, but you do not need to apologise. You are quite entitled to have your own opinion on any post and to give reputation of any type to anyone on here, just like everyone else is. You should continue to do that as I know you are one of the good guys on FPG.

Just because bad reputation is very rarely given, doesn't mean it shouldn't be given. It should not be withheld due to fear of recrimination. If my comment was, to you, the only comment on FPG since July 2015 that deserved a demerit then it's a badge I will have to wear, but I won't necessarily be around to talk about it.

I'm on holiday in Florida at the moment, and I need to be enjoying my holiday rather than being upset and losing sleep over something that happened on a forum.

So I'm going to walk on the beach, take photographs of ospreys and dolphins, and enjoy the sunshine. :)

Have a great day.

Chris

penwash
September 8th, 2016, 08:18 AM
So I'm going to walk on the beach, take photographs of ospreys and dolphins, and enjoy the sunshine. :)

Have a great day.

Chris

That's the spirit! Take us with you, post some of the photos here. :)

Chrissy
September 8th, 2016, 10:32 AM

Have a great day.

Chris

That's the spirit! Take us with you, post some of the photos here. :)

I'll try to think about you all. Hows that? :wave:

Marsilius
September 9th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Chrissy, if you stop posting ink reviews here, or anything else for that matter, I will be sad! Enjoy the beach!