PDA

View Full Version : Eye-Dropper Conversion

VegHead
September 10th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Hi all,

when filling a pen that has been converted to an eye-dropper do you have to re-apply the silicon grease to the section threads after each clean/flush/re-ink?

Cheers.

Lexaf
September 11th, 2016, 04:55 AM
I would not do that, just check for leaking... If it starts leaking, grease it. Normally just now and then is enough.

VegHead
September 11th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Okay cool. Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it friend.

inklord
September 11th, 2016, 07:25 AM
...I usually wipe the section threads of my F-C eyedroppers when changing the color/type of ink - sometimes old ink infiltrates the grease a bit and I don't like the thought of having remnants of multiples types of ink stuck anywhere in my pen. Staying with the same ink, I agree with Lexaf: just check for leaks, and if you're good, you're good :). Also: the same applies for the nib holder threads... have fun!

Woody
October 4th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Hi all,

when filling a pen that has been converted to an eye-dropper do you have to re-apply the silicon grease to the section threads after each clean/flush/re-ink?

Cheers.

If it's the same ink - I don't do anything actually. If I'm switching a color I syringe out the section and give the barrel a super good cleaning - including the grease - and begin anew.