PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation from a new member

Escaliba
September 13th, 2016, 06:55 AM
I joined our forum three weeks ago, desperate for information and knowledge re my inherited Sheaffer.
I have received so much assistance, friendly advice and generous help that I am amazed.
Would just like to tell fellow new members what a wonderful place they have found.
A very big thanks to those people who keep everything ticking over and are so generous with their time, expereince and knowledge.:grouphug:
I wouldn't have believed how much I could learn in three weeks.
Thank you all.:applause:

September 22nd: update

Ever since joining this forum, I seem to have been blessed with luck concerning fountain pens/mechanical pencils. First, there was my mother's Sheaffer fountain pen from the 1950s, then came my father's Parker fountain pen from possibly even earlier. Then I found a Parker mechanical pencil made, I think, from malachite, which also belonged to my dad. Today I found an old, silver mechanical pencil with engraved writing, another from my father. It is really beautiful, or will be when cleaned up properly.
Have attached photos of my three most recent finds in the family archives, so to speak. All input most welcome. :)

Anne
September 13th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Welcome!:) I am happy that you have found out so quickly how wonderful the people here are.
Good luck with your heirloom too.

Hawk
September 13th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Welcome.

Wahl
September 13th, 2016, 01:48 PM
:welcome:

Lady Onogaro
September 13th, 2016, 08:01 PM
:welcome:

KKay
September 15th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Welcome aboard. I am so happy you got the help you needed here. I hope you will make yourself at home. Lots of great folks here!

jar
September 16th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Glad you found the information needed.

DaveT
September 16th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Hello and welcome!!

WmEdwards
September 16th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Welcome!