PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

hellomms
February 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Fellow FPGeeks,

Just wanted to drop by and say hello and introduce myself.

Growing up I strictly used fountain pens, partially because it was required by school and partially because my father and grandfather were avid collectors (using one of the inherited Sheaffers to write this). Back in the day, I used various (cheap) versions of Hero, Parker, Waterman, and Sheaffer pens, even used and made reed pens; experienced countless broken/bent nibs, even used to grind the nibs against the bricks to make nibs smooth. Though I treasure the experience I had, there were (still are) things I didn't know. For example, I didn't know that nibs came in different sizes or that there were standards for nib sizes :)

Fast forward 12 years, I feel more passionate about Fountain Pens then I used to. Thankfully, I still have a few working pens from the old days but at the same time I am excited to try new stuff.

Excited to be part of and share my experience with this community.

Cheers!

BikerBabe
February 11th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Hi hellomms, and welcome from a fellow newbie. ;)

Cheers,

Maria.

Tracy Lee
February 11th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Hellomms, welcome to the forum. It will be fun to pick up new information, lots of pen/ink/paper smarties here and it is wonderful!!! But hide your wallet, the fun can come with a price . . . :)

writingrav
February 11th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Welcome to Geekland!

KrazyIvan
February 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the Dark Side.

fountainpenkid
February 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Welcome!

caribbean_skye
February 12th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Welcome welcome.

Augustinian
February 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Welcome aboard!!!!!
Fellow FPGeeks,

Just wanted to drop by and say hello and introduce myself.

Growing up I strictly used fountain pens, partially because it was required by school and partially because my father and grandfather were avid collectors (using one of the inherited Sheaffers to write this). Back in the day, I used various (cheap) versions of Hero, Parker, Waterman, and Sheaffer pens, even used and made reed pens; experienced countless broken/bent nibs, even used to grind the nibs against the bricks to make nibs smooth. Though I treasure the experience I had, there were (still are) things I didn't know. For example, I didn't know that nibs came in different sizes or that there were standards for nib sizes :)

Fast forward 12 years, I feel more passionate about Fountain Pens then I used to. Thankfully, I still have a few working pens from the old days but at the same time I am excited to try new stuff.

Excited to be part of and share my experience with this community.

Cheers!

Bogon07
February 12th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Hellomms, hi and welcome to the FPG forum.

southpaw52
February 22nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Greetings and welcome to FPGeeks.

AndreasDavour
February 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Welcome, and remember what Tracy said. I can cost you! :)

TheRoXFiles
February 23rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
Heya! Welcome to the forum from another newcomer. Cheers :)