PDA

View Full Version : 18karat Jowo #6 nib with Stub Italic Gradient byFranklin Christof

sb575
September 18th, 2016, 09:23 AM

This listing is for a Jowo#6 (M) nib unit made in Germany that has been customized by Jim Rouse, nibmeister at Franklin Christoff pen company. The pen is only used in a few lines of writing and for the customization by Jim Rouse. The nib has been engraved with an "S" shield logo. It is two tone rhodium/gold and shows no tarnish or wear. Asking $130, free shipping to CONUS, international shipping buyer covers.

Jowo makes the nibs for several reputable upscale pen manufacturers, including Stipula, Montegrappa, and Conklin. This one happens to be unbranded, but the quality is the same

The unit comes with feed and housing, so for many custom pen designers and companies such as the ones listed above, you can just screw it in and you are good to go.

A Stub Italic Gradient, means that the pen will write well for those who are not used to writing with an italic and prefer smoothness but with that hint of line variation you can see on the loops of letters. Not enough to be an italic, but just enough to add some flare to your writing. That combined with the fact that it is 18 karat makes this nib springy with some nice feedback and a little flex.

Ask for a writing sample if you wish, I will gladly provide one.

Don't miss out on this unique nib!

* Return policy - I will gladly accept returns if the listing is not as described, damaged, or if there is mistake on my part

Penjonesing
September 18th, 2016, 09:31 AM
The "S" shied logo is for Scriptorium Pens. Renee makes custom pens and has had those jowo nibs engraved for the custom pens she makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broadoblique
September 18th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Do you have a price in mind?

sb575
September 18th, 2016, 12:07 PM
correct, scriptorium pens jowo nib originally, ground to SIG at the SF pen show by Jim Rouse of Franklin Christoff. price is 130, free shipping to CONUS, international shipping buyer covers.

fqgouvea
September 18th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Does the "gradient" part of SIG mean that it's oblique? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

Nakayama
September 18th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Actually it does look like a left oblique (left foot - right hand).
If so, that's an awesome piece of kit.

sb575
September 18th, 2016, 06:07 PM
No not oblique....just ground straight. I can post some close ups if anyone is interested

migo984
September 18th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Does the "gradient" part of SIG mean that it's oblique? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

F-C's description of S.I.G

"Introducing our new nib grind, the S.I.G. - Stub. Italic. Gradient. - the smooth feel of a stub with the line variation closer to a cursive italic.
Gradient - means that it offers similar line variation at different angles from steep to shallow - more versatile for various kinds of handwriting".

I have a steel SIG (fine) on FC #45 & it's a very nice nib to write with.

sb575
September 18th, 2016, 07:59 PM
ya exactly, it's good for any type of writer but maintains some line variation and is pretty smooth

Alchemist
September 21st, 2016, 08:07 PM
I would really like to see a writing sample.

sb575
September 22nd, 2016, 02:23 PM
Will post one in a few hours

sb575
September 23rd, 2016, 03:55 PM
file:///Users/saurabh/Downloads/IMAG0030.jpg
file:///Users/saurabh/Downloads/IMAG0031.jpg
file:///Users/saurabh/Downloads/IMAG0032.jpg
file:///Users/saurabh/Downloads/IMAG0031(1).jpg

sb575
September 23rd, 2016, 04:03 PM
here are some writing samples