PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Sheaffer Balance 2 Jade Green

zaddick
September 21st, 2016, 03:49 PM
For sale is a very lightly used Sheaffer’s Balance II pen in Jade green. The pen is from sometime in the late 1990s when they were vintage-styled releases. The acrylic for these pens is just gorgeous, but I discovered after the purchase that there are potential issues with stress fractures as Sheaffer used compressed acrylics and not cast acrylic. This pen is showing no signs of issues to the material, but I would not post the pen or clip it to thick surfaces. I have used it lightly without issue. The pen is in excellent shape, except the think gold colored ring between the black section and the jade body is missing. The pen came to me like this, but it is not really noticeable. The pen is probably an M width and it has feedback. I usually use wider nibs but this feels like enough feedback that I should not it in case you prefer a frictionless writing experience. This is more like the vintage pens I have used. The tines looked aligned to me but I am not an expert. The pen uses an included converter. No boxes or papers with this pen.

Given the missing trim ring and the light use, I am asking $140 shipped in the US. Insurance or international would be extra. I also have an almost mint red version (crimson glow) with a possibly never inked M nib, and a totally unused, boxed millennium set that has the cobalt blue pen with a B nib (plus the clock pen stand and a bottle of skrip). Contact me via PM if you have interest in any of the pens or have questions.

http://i.imgur.com/akiiuKe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2u9CSRy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YExrVrz.jpg?1

See all three pens side by side
http://i.imgur.com/5syj77V.jpg

zaddick
September 28th, 2016, 09:35 AM
price reduced to $130

Woody
September 29th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Zaddick. I think a couple of quick pics would help with your sale. Thanks.

zaddick
October 26th, 2016, 05:13 PM
bump

carlos.q
October 27th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Zaddick. I think a couple of quick pics would help with your sale. Thanks.

What he said... :thumb:

zaddick
October 27th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Anyone interested inteh pen, please send me a PM with your email and I am happy to share pics. Loading them here is a bit of a pain for me.

carlos.q
October 27th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Loading them here is a bit of a pain for me.

There are no moderators in this forum so I'll just chime in on this. If you describe the problem you face loading pictures many of us will surely help you out, as this is a very friendly crowd. BTW I have found that loading pictures on this forum is way easier than on FPN.

penwash
October 27th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Loading them here is a bit of a pain for me.

There are no moderators in this forum so I'll just chime in on this. If you describe the problem you face loading pictures many of us will surely help you out, as this is a very friendly crowd. BTW I have found that loading pictures on this forum is way easier than on FPN.

As Carlos said, pictures are very important in a pen sale. That is if you want it to sell within reasonable price range, if you're selling a Sheaffer Legacy for $10 then no pictures needed :)

The easiest way is to find a good online storage for your pictures, I use flickr, which has a free account option, others use... other services. Whatever service that allows you to get a link to the image, then simply use the "Insert image" icon on the editor and there's your picture.

zaddick
October 30th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Though i still think it is much more effort to load photos here than on FPN, I was able to find time today to get some loaded. Thanks all for the encouragement.

penwash
October 31st, 2016, 08:33 AM
Though i still think it is much more effort to load photos here than on FPN, I was able to find time today to get some loaded. Thanks all for the encouragement.

On FPN, they force you to upload at least one picture to their server. That's an extra step for anyone who already store their images online like myself.

Here, you can put as many link to the same pictures that you can reuse anywhere.

So it depends.