PDA

View Full Version : Major Mont Blanc Theft - Dromgoole's in Houston, Texas! Please Read!

RayCornett
September 22nd, 2016, 03:26 PM
On Tuesday, shortly after a Mont Blanc representitive visited the store with a new batch of pens this man walked in and brazenly took them directly from the display! If you know this man or might have any information please call the number included in the caption of the video immediately!

https://www.facebook.com/Larry.Dromgoole/videos/vb.100000806641383/1087837231253155/?type=3&theater

Chrissy
September 22nd, 2016, 03:36 PM
Wow I was gobsmacked to see that video. :jaw:

Lady Onogaro
September 22nd, 2016, 03:55 PM
I hope they catch him. I'm really surprised that anyone got away with it. Whenever I've been there, they watched me like a hawk, so much so that it's actually kind of uncomfortable, but I understand why they have to do it.

earthdawn
September 22nd, 2016, 04:01 PM
Here is a screen shot. You can see the video pretty clear so I think they will catch this guy.

He cleaned out the case too... dirty rat.

Robert
September 22nd, 2016, 04:41 PM
I've visited Dromgoole's many times, and I thought the Montblanc case was normally locked. Perhaps I'm mistaken, or maybe it wasn't locked when the rat conducted his heist. In any case, it's very sad - and infuriating - to learn of this.

earthdawn
September 22nd, 2016, 11:22 PM
It made ABC news

http://abc13.com/news/man-walks-away-with-pens-worth-thousands-of-dollars/1523233/

RayCornett
September 23rd, 2016, 12:46 AM
Yes, while I was talking to the owner they were on the way to the shop. Soon I should have the serial numbers and models of pens stolen to add to all the posts I have made about this.

Sandy Fry
September 23rd, 2016, 05:27 AM
Wow! Pretty brazen theft. Hopefully they will catch him soon. Surely someone must recognize that dude and his pink shorts!

Looks like a classy store. I was a little surprised that the display case was unlocked and didn't have some kind of alarm system that sounded if the case was opened.

That dude needs a long time in the PENitentiary!

David

McKool
September 24th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Well that is definitely a FELONY so he is going to be caught and charged and his whole world will then turn to Crap... Fast! In the end is it ever worth it. NO Never! Not what he is going to be facing. Now he is going to end up being someone's little "Be-Atch" in the Big House and it won't be a pen there trying to put in his back pocket area!

Jobesmirage
September 24th, 2016, 10:33 AM
According to the facebook it is locked, except the Montblanc sales person/rep was there that day so it was open for him

earthdawn
September 24th, 2016, 10:24 PM
The key to the case is kept in a drawer close by and the guy had been in the store before so he knew where it was.

They have seen him in there before.

The news story and video in the link above is really good and the video is super clear.

DASEFnib
September 25th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Brass gonads, for SURE!!:angry:
Making NO effort to hide his appearance....he shouldn't be TOO hard to find!!
There are still countries where this sort of crime is punishable by the loss of a hand -- or two!!
It's called "incentive", I think....
I'd be willing to bet serious $$ if this guy was deprived of a few digits.....he wouldn't be pilfering pens -- or anything ELSE -- for a LONG TIME!!

Always try to get the dibs...on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Wade
September 25th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Can we not devolve into political discussions/comments on a buy/sell forum please?

sharmon202
September 25th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Wade, thanks, s

Curtisvan
September 25th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Can we not devolve into political discussions/comments on a buy/sell forum please?

Totally agreed. This is about pens, papers, etc, not political opinions

Chrissy
September 25th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I didn't notice it was in the 'Classifieds - For Sale' forum.

Jon Szanto
September 25th, 2016, 02:17 PM

Maybe the topic could/should be moved - if our owner/admin can take the time. Frankly, when I see a topic pop up in my "What's New" stream, I rarely look to see *where* it has been posted. Pens for sale are obvious when they are in the "For Sale" forum, but I just assumed this was in the General area. I don't think it is a trend, just an outlier.

What I'd much rather see is a way to filter out all the sales stuff in my feed. If I want to be pummeled with endless pens for sale, I'll just go to the Sales forum.

This site used to be primarily for people to have discussions, not just another commerce-oriented arena.

earthdawn
September 25th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Thankfully the story and video has been on at least 3 network in Houston now.

Hoping they catch this bum!

I think having a good video of it helped get the news people on board with showing it especially being so brazen about it.

Chrissy
September 26th, 2016, 04:54 AM

Maybe the topic could/should be moved - if our owner/admin can take the time. Frankly, when I see a topic pop up in my "What's New" stream, I rarely look to see *where* it has been posted. Pens for sale are obvious when they are in the "For Sale" forum, but I just assumed this was in the General area. I don't think it is a trend, just an outlier.

What I'd much rather see is a way to filter out all the sales stuff in my feed. If I want to be pummeled with endless pens for sale, I'll just go to the Sales forum.

This site used to be primarily for people to have discussions, not just another commerce-oriented arena.

Good luck with getting a thread/post moved from one forum to another. I recently placed a review in the wrong forum by mistake, so I sent a request to the administrator to ask if it could possibly be moved to the correct forum. Sadly, I have heard nothing and my thread is still in the wrong place. :(

Scooby921
September 26th, 2016, 07:30 AM
If Ray is getting the serial numbers as indicated in post #7, then isn't this a good place for this thread? Anyone looking for a Montblanc would likely see this in a search and could then check the list of serial numbers against things for sale and know not to purchase stolen items.

Sailor Kenshin
September 26th, 2016, 09:15 AM

I'm somewhat confused as to what is 'political' about the thread.

Brilliant Bill
September 26th, 2016, 10:08 AM
I've read all the posts. Outside of two childish comments regarding crime and punishment, I don't see anything "political."

Personally, after 10 years of working in prisons with real criminals, I'd have a hard time getting very worked up over a guy snatching a few pens -- even if they do consider them "precious" resin! The guy who took them has likely already traded them for $50 of "controlled substance." As for store owners, usual overhead includes insurance.

I'm somewhat confused as to what is 'political' about the thread.

Wade
September 26th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I was reacting to the earlier post about police brutality, meant tongue-in-cheek or not, seen too many forums over my years get ruined by political/personal shots fired and silly arguments, don't want to see it here, apologies all round if I over-reacted.

sharmon202
September 27th, 2016, 07:21 PM
the post reacted to seems to have been deleted. It was a person with one post. I do not think Wade over reacted.

Curtisvan
September 27th, 2016, 11:00 PM
I agree. Wade did not over react.

Jon Szanto
September 27th, 2016, 11:08 PM
I was reacting to the earlier post about police brutality, meant tongue-in-cheek or not, seen too many forums over my years get ruined by political/personal shots fired and silly arguments, don't want to see it here, apologies all round if I over-reacted.

No apologies necessary. You simply expressed your opinion, I never mind that. I only mind it when people aren't allowed to express their opinion.

TSherbs
September 28th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I've read all the posts. Outside of two childish comments regarding crime and punishment, I don't see anything "political."

Personally, after 10 years of working in prisons with real criminals, I'd have a hard time getting very worked up over a guy snatching a few pens -- even if they do consider them "precious" resin! The guy who took them has likely already traded them for $50 of "controlled substance." As for store owners, usual overhead includes insurance.

word

but for sure obnoxious