PDA

View Full Version : Parker introduced us

Mining4God
September 24th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the boards, but saw this sub forum and had to share a quick story. I hope you like it.

Back in 1993, I was enrolling into Bible college at the slightly more mature age of 25 (I had already done three years of engineering, and it wasn't for me). On registration day, there I was all dressed up with suit and tie on, waiting in the line at the window to register. Well, this pretty young lady turned around and asked if I had a pen she could borrow. She had left hers at home.

So, I proudly pulled out my favorite pen at the time and handed it to her.

Well, we kept bumping into one another in the hallways and stairwells until one day I formally introduced myself. We hit it off, and a couple years later we were married.

For our first Christmas together she bought me one of those cute teddy bears with clothes on. "His name is Sheaffer," she said with a big smile.

I must have had a dumb look on my face because she repeated, "Sheaffer. His name is Sheaffer." Pause. "Like the pen... The pen I asked you for."

I pulled out the pen, which I still carried, and we changed his name on the spot to Parker.

I no longer can tell you where it is, but that little red Parker Jotter played a big part in my last twenty years of happiness.

Moto Z Forced me to do this.

Jerome Tarshis
September 24th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I would like to read more stories like this. Although I am very much older than, sigh, 25, I would still be happy to post a similar story of my own. The story suggests that it might be a good idea to carry a pen I would easily lend.

pajaro
September 25th, 2016, 08:18 PM
When I was in the service I wrote letters to my girl with my first Parker. I still have the pen but, alas, not the girl. About twenty years later I met another girl.

Hawk
September 25th, 2016, 09:08 PM
I have, from my parents, a Jotter (ball clip), a blue vac, and a BCHR Parker that is a nice color brown. Also, I have a Sheaffer desk pen. I'm in my sixties so they had been hanging around for awhile.

penwash
September 25th, 2016, 09:27 PM
If this is not a PPP (Positive Participation Post), I don't know what else qualifies.

Thank you for the lovely story.