PDA

View Full Version : Noodler's Narwhal - LE Konrad Flex Pen

Bogon07
February 13th, 2013, 05:45 PM
http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_Narwhal_Konrad_Flex_Pen_p/n14030.htm?utm_source=The+Goulet+Pen+Company+Newsl etter&utm_campaign=e523617658-Goulet_Communique_02_13_13&utm_medium=email

Limited Edition Noodler's Narwhal looks to be somewhat influenced by the Pelikan White Tortoiseshell.

"Pearlescent white cap, grip, and blind cap, and a brown tortoise barrel with clear ink window."

Not a bad looking pen and pretty good value (in the USA).

snedwos
February 14th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Sold out no longer available. Oh.

KrazyIvan
February 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Wow, that was quick. Announced just yesterday.

caribbean_skye
February 14th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Guess LE means Limited Edition and they weren't kidding. Reminds me of trying to get world cup tickets when Germany was hosting. They were sold out within a matter of an hour I think.

manoeuver
February 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I was this close to getting one. Holding out for the red ripple ebonite.

Bogon07
February 16th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Sold out no longer available. Oh.
Could be GPC are like some other shops who have new arrivals as sold out until they get the actual stock in. One of the Australian games shops always does that until the product is ready for shipping. Or they only rec'd a handful of them.

Holding out for the red ripple ebonite.-Manoeuver. I was holding out for that too. I recall Brian or Rachel hinted there maybe some more Ripple colours in the future.

snedwos
February 16th, 2013, 02:40 AM
The fact it says "no longer available" is what prompted me. Though I'm not sure I actually liked it that much, I think the white bit needed to be a little more off-white and warmer for the pen to be attractive.

nickcon
March 7th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Not sold out. Just not available yet. Bought one last night from GPC.

snedwos
March 7th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Cool.

earthdawn
March 7th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I was this close to getting one. Holding out for the red ripple ebonite.

Thats what I am holding out for as well.... I can see those will get wiped out fast as well when they do get restocked.

Bogon07
March 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Typical just after I order a California Tortoise; GPC have another Limited Edition Konrad now a Green Irish Brigade. Is it for St Patrick's Day ? A nice dark green colour.
http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_Irish_Brigade_Konrad_Flex_Pen_p/n14032.htm

Also a Red State LE too.
http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_Red_State_Konrad_Flex_Pen_p/n14031.htm

southpaw52
March 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I'm still on the fence in regards to a $20. Noodler's Pen. There are better quality pens I feel near or slightly above that I would consider first. The pen was beautiful.

KrazyIvan
March 7th, 2013, 02:52 PM
They have the Narwhal back in stock too.

snedwos
March 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the red state LE pen...

Bogon07
March 7th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the red state LE pen...

Politically or artistically ?

The red bits are a really bright red which make the translucent orange body look too pale by comparison.
However the translucent swirly bits can vary quite a bit so it may depend a lot on luck how it actually looks.

I quite like the Green Irish Brigade but I think the Konrad I have will do for the time being and I've blown this year's pen budget already.

snedwos
March 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Oh, it's very pretty, but I think political statements are best left non-partisan.