PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Ohio!

vhr5
February 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Hello!
I've been a member for a short period now, but I have never officially said "Hello" to other members of the Forum until now. Although I have about 10 - 12 Fountain Pens (Lamy, Pelican, TWSBI, Parker, Tree Ring) and a few basic inks (mostly red, blue and black), I feel like an amateur... which I guess that I am. I'm learning a lot from FP Geeks' podcast, Stephen Brown's fountain pen reviews on YouTube, and other popular websites. My goal for this year is to get into more inks, a few more pens, and better stationery.

I'm participating in InCoWriMo and I hope that if you receive a postcard or letter from me, that you will drop me a line also.

Well, that is all for now.

Peace,
Vaughn

southpaw52
February 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Greetings and welcome to FPG, glad you here.

caribbean_skye
February 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Welcome welcome.

Do you have any particular pens that you're hoping to acquire this year?

KrazyIvan
February 15th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side. :)

Tracy Lee
February 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Welcome aboard, Vaughn. Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times. Many objects in the forum are more expensive than they appear. :-) Enjoy, we are glad to have you.

Augustinian
February 15th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Greetings and welcome aboard. Always great to have another FP "officiando".

Hello!
I've been a member for a short period now, but I have never officially said "Hello" to other members of the Forum until now. Although I have about 10 - 12 Fountain Pens (Lamy, Pelican, TWSBI, Parker, Tree Ring) and a few basic inks (mostly red, blue and black), I feel like an amateur... which I guess that I am. I'm learning a lot from FP Geeks' podcast, Stephen Brown's fountain pen reviews on YouTube, and other popular websites. My goal for this year is to get into more inks, a few more pens, and better stationery.

I'm participating in InCoWriMo and I hope that if you receive a postcard or letter from me, that you will drop me a line also.

Well, that is all for now.

Peace,
Vaughn

Bogon07
February 16th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Hello vhr5 and welcome to the FPG forum.

fountainpenkid
February 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Welcome!

vhr5
February 17th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Well, currently I have been thinking about acquiring a TWSBI Mini. I would like to purchase the TWSBI PP081 and the Eco once production is finalized. How funny... I'm starting to see a pattern here. :)

I was also thinking about acquiring a Platinum Preppy fountain pen which would be dedicated to Noodler's Baystate Blue ink.

Besides those... whatever catches my eye.

writingrav
February 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Well, currently I have been thinking about acquiring a TWSBI Mini. I would like to purchase the TWSBI PP081 and the Eco once production is finalized. How funny... I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Besides those... whatever catches my eye.
Welcome! You can't go wrong with the mini. I have the 550, Vac 700, Micarta and Mini. I also see a pattern:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

vhr5
February 17th, 2013, 07:16 AM
In no particular order, here is what I currently have in my collection:

Parker Vector (4)- my first fountain pens
LAMY Safari Fountain Pens (2) - Shiny Black
LAMY Safari Fountain Pen - Charcoal
Pelikan P58 Style Fountain Pens (2)
Rotring Core Fountain pen - with the black finish
Pilot Plumix
Parker "name unknown" - it came out on the market after the Vector.
Monteverde Invincia Stealth Black
TWSBI Vac 700 Smoke Fountain Pen
Tree Ring Fountain Pen - won on FPGeeks.

Bogon07
February 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM
vhr5,

A belated congratulations on winning the Tree Ring FP.

Good to see those Safaris rounding out your collection and somebody with four Parker vectors !
We have three at home, two are Mrs Bogon's.

I notice you use the word 'currently'......hanging around FPG can easily lead to a larger collection in next to no time.

Greg Minuskin
February 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Welcome! You will find the folks here at the FP Geeks really a great place to be, and if you need any nib work, I would love to hear from you!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

vhr5
February 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
vhr5,

A belated congratulations on winning the Tree Ring FP.

Good to see those Safaris rounding out your collection and somebody with four Parker vectors !
We have three at home, two are Mrs Bogon's.

I notice you use the word 'currently'......hanging around FPG can easily lead to a larger collection in next to no time.

You're correct... I just ordered a TWSBI Mini -Classic, earlier this week. It should arrive in a few days. I already have my eye on the TWBSI 580 and the Eco.

vhr5
February 24th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Welcome! You will find the folks here at the FP Geeks really a great place to be, and if you need any nib work, I would love to hear from you!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com (http://www.gregminuskin.com)
greg@gregminuskin.com

I will definitely keep you in mind Greg! So far everyone has been really nice! So much to learn, so little time! :)

TheRoXFiles
February 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Welcome :) And I can't believe I haven't welcomed you here, since I'm one of your InCoWriMo penpals. Then again, I'm new here, too.

Anyhoo--glad to see you here :)