PDA

View Full Version : Hi, all!

Red Harry N. G.
October 6th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I'm not exactly new here or to fountain pens, but I've never really say hello to you all – so, hello!

My main reason for not doing this sooner is the fact that more often than not I introduce myself, and then go back to the full lurking mode. That's why I figured I'd switch things this time around, and firstly stop being a complete lurker.

I'm not sure who exactly I am, I am at some strange point in my life, but I can tell you I am neither red nor Harry. I do, however, like words and playing with them. I also like surprising people, and can be quite patient and tactful in those surprises. A lot of time, I also make sure to drop some red herrings, especially if surprise is planned quite some time ahead (which was the case when I was creating my account here, hence the username).

It's safe to say I'm more of an observer than actual participant in debates – I particularly enjoy topics where different points of views are defended, so it's not surprising such discussions are my favourite part of this place. Today I stumbled upon this gem (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/9974-The-Philosophy-of-the-quot-Steal-quot/page1) – I love it!

I also take great pleasure in how colourfully (and sometimes juicily) you express your thoughts. You might not even notice it, that completely depends on your background, but as someone whose native language is not English, and whose English vocabulary is quite limited, I do appreciate it – a lot. Thank you :)

Anyway, that's a little bit about me. I hope you're all having a great day!

V.

jar
October 6th, 2016, 03:37 PM
So welcome home. Stumps are to your left. In discussions the Talking Feather is passed widdershins.

kenshiro
October 6th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Welcome!

DaveT
October 6th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Hello and welcome !

caribbean_skye
October 6th, 2016, 06:27 PM
welcome welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wahl
October 7th, 2016, 08:52 AM
:welcome:

Hawk
October 7th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Welcome.

Lady Onogaro
October 7th, 2016, 11:02 AM
:welcome:

Anne
October 7th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Welcome V.!

WmEdwards
October 7th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Welcome, Mr. Herring! :D

Red Harry N. G.
October 7th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Welcome, Mr. Herring! :D

*Miss :)

And thanks for all the welcomes! :)

mtnbiker62
October 7th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Crazytown is richer with you here! :crazy_pilot:

VertOlive
October 7th, 2016, 08:59 PM
All right then, welcome! "Fish are friends.."

Morgaine
October 10th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Is there something fishy going on?

Hello and welcome.

cajunphil
October 10th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Welcome, Red Harry. Enjoy and participate.