PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Montblanc Jules Verne Fountain Pen

min_william
October 8th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Looking to sell this beautiful Montblanc, simply because I can no longer justify keeping it! It's in amazing condition but does show a little wear. Mainly there are some small dents in the clip area and the bottom end of the pen has lost some of its lister as my father kept it point up in a pen cup. It has not had much use over the years.

$675 USD OBO

Please pm if interested!
Does not include box or papers.
Numbered 15461/18500

Some additional pictures that hopefully show the blemishes a little better.
As well as some writing examples with Blue Skrip Ink.

carlos.q
October 8th, 2016, 09:45 AM
It would be most useful if you told us something about yourself and your collection.

min_william
October 8th, 2016, 02:57 PM
I apologize! As you can tell I'm pretty new around here.

I am actually an avid stationery geek but don't have much in terms of FPs.
I think it's a budget issue but I prefer more practical pens and have bought of buying a vanishing point.ive dabbledwith a few cheaper pens but nothing serious. I actually inherited this from my father but have no real use for it, as it is much bolder than I prefer and also quite fancy for my taste. I've only filled it a couple times with a blue skrip ink and the herb in Gris nuage.

I actually prefer pencils and gel pens and have written a few posts about wood cases pencils at Wilhaus.wordpress.com/blog

McKool
October 9th, 2016, 01:35 PM
I really don't think asking personal questions about someone, or their collection is a relevant topic for a sales thread. If you want to ask that sort of question then you should just PM them instead.

carlc
October 9th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I really don't think asking personal questions about someone, or their collection is a relevant topic for a sales thread. If you want to ask that sort of question then you should just PM them instead.
He's trying to help. As the OP has no history on the forum people will be wary of buying an expensive pen from them. Establishing some details about them helps to reassure potential buyers.

carlc
October 9th, 2016, 02:02 PM
By the way. I know nothing about Mont Blanc pens but buyers often like to see a picture of the piston 'cap' extended, a picture of the feed and pictures of the writing on the pen. It helps reassure it's not a fake (no offence intended).

min_william
October 10th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks Carlc for the advice! I had not thought of that so I will try to get some of those images posted!

min_william
October 14th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Updated to include pics of the feed (I'm not sure this pen allows the feed to be pulled out? I was afraid to try) and the extended piston end cap!
Also, reducing the asking price to $700 USD including shipping

Chrissy
October 14th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure this pen allows the feed to be pulled out? I was afraid to try)

:stop: No it doesn't. Please don't try to pull out the feed or the nib.

min_william
October 15th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the advice Chrissy! I was afraid of that :)

min_william
October 21st, 2016, 06:40 AM
Discounting price down to 675!

Chaverim
May 16th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Are you open to trades?