PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Review #3-Private Reserve Black Cherry

Fountain Pen Mike
October 8th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Hi, guys and gals! Back with another ink review.
This time we are reviewing Private Reserve Black Cherry.

Pen is a Sheaffer Touchdown, medium nib. Paper is Tomoe River.

Ink is in my opinion a nice dark, almost maroon red. Hints of brown edging towards black.
This ink flows very smoothly, and has a nice, silky feel under the nib as I write with it. Does not hurt that the nib on the Touchdown used is a quite smooth one as well.
So far as I know, this is not a waterproof ink, but taking a wet piece of tissue and smearing the paper shows that it retains it's legibility when wet.
Speaking of wetness, it is in my opinion on the wet side, taking 20-25 seconds to dry on this paper, from this pen. All said, i like this ink very well.
This was another of the samples PIFed to me by Lady Onogaro. I will be reviewing as many of these as I can, as long as there is sufficient amount of ink in the sample to use the ink for a few days and still be able to do a review of it at the end of things. Some are bigger than others, but it is a wonderful thing to be able to try so many different ones.
I intend choosing a few of the inks in these samples that I think are above average, for me. This ink is a contender in that regard.
If you like darker, reddish inks, I think this one is a winner.
Thanks for reading, and once again my thanks to Lady Onogaro. Very much appreciated.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/d4xglu0fVzThMcUGbjRXdHzW5vWJ5doe5Ph4apkx7L2PAXPIu9 fgbUnSZNHDrev4ki_x-m9mRzXeLLXmj7s4tyrYi_9eXdjfOcuOGNt1FoACraZMK1rJEr3 KLSUFNOZ8zHRuoB7ksDaTImiRJVhUG16UK5T7jxIrAnAApNpTi S69PeaQ4ZVUDH5T1hd8cbtqCCQAxysl_LTJA7_C7J4BpeoyDfe Ac7q8pKieok_XMdCWKDNDSkEFf2HyoFIRGMKHoZ7GVgxNSorRB 2Pw_1IHvmL1ewvpOFk748raasfE1eM6odzkd8a-s_1wdFE2Rwroal3zYpWU6kbOh-zDIL91HzFM8fOwBHCmedORnHt7hHTZ0CV6U8HxxI4n9UaPzGTn zZD3K0fe9jUni_8yBy07M_XlQRixmXwhsZtChnLi_Va4evozN4 ycV10NWM80F6bB1vIou4-C49N0IEYIXDckvPKvOAvjEnPTqiSaDTVm6EeZOa-IeeyszqGqfIUZjpFMd6d_Pubuz1Owipo7HMv4_uh_lwBLieadx _dt61c98UXbL_ql3nMLEO0YcHq_PfBXN6s-KZ2jceSiZYK5XS2Cj1jcnKzYc1oGiPrxc4kbKZAyVoYu=w814-h610-no