PDA

View Full Version : On a quiet night, ink high jinks...

Jon Szanto
October 10th, 2016, 08:44 PM
So, yeah. Finally a quiet night. Got around to it: draining the last portion of Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue to a smaller Levenger bottle, and filled up the Akkerman bottle with my blue of choice, Aurora Blue.

But mucking with pen filling/flushing is one thing, and transferring ink is another. I was really careful to not get ink on the exterior of the bottle (labels), but whywhywhy didn't I decide to use latex gloves this time? Oh well, it will all look normal in a few days, and now I actually look like I work with my hands.

You?

Runnin_Ute
October 10th, 2016, 09:24 PM
None tonight. Although I do have two pens that need to be flushed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

laurielindly
October 10th, 2016, 09:32 PM
I cleaned pens tonight in anticipation of new inky arrivals tomorrow; I may end up with an inky mess on my fingers tomorrow. Ink stained hands are art. 😀

Chrissy
October 11th, 2016, 05:40 AM
So, yeah. Finally a quiet night. Got around to it: draining the last portion of Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue to a smaller Levenger bottle, and filled up the Akkerman bottle with my blue of choice, Aurora Blue.

But mucking with pen filling/flushing is one thing, and transferring ink is another. I was really careful to not get ink on the exterior of the bottle (labels), but whywhywhy didn't I decide to use latex gloves this time? Oh well, it will all look normal in a few days, and now I actually look like I work with my hands.

You?

We have a product here that works instantly on inky hands but is probably not recommended. Strangely, I always find that bar soap seems to work much better than liquid soap when I'm trying to clean ink from my fingers.

I'm a big fan of not getting ink on my bottle labels too. I just bought my first few bottles of Levenger inks and am very pleased with the bottle shape. :)

laurielindly
October 11th, 2016, 10:18 AM
I just bought my first few bottles of Levenger inks and am very pleased with the bottle shape. :)

Will you be posting review of the Levenger inks at a later date? 🙂

Jon Szanto
October 11th, 2016, 10:21 AM
We have a product here that works instantly on inky hands but is probably not recommended. Strangely, I always find that bar soap seems to work much better than liquid soap when I'm trying to clean ink from my fingers.

I'm a big fan of not getting ink on my bottle labels too. I just bought my first few bottles of Levenger inks and am very pleased with the bottle shape. :)

Yeah, I happened to be in the garage and there was no bar soap! I usually don't worry too much about it, and it doesn't look too bad this morning. :) I've also never actually used Levenger inks, I just bought a few empty bottles because they are pretty good... bottles for ink! Not all makers, even of nice inks, get that.

Chrissy
October 11th, 2016, 10:26 AM
I just bought my first few bottles of Levenger inks and am very pleased with the bottle shape. :)

Will you be posting review of the Levenger inks at a later date? 🙂

That's quite possible. :)

Chrissy
October 11th, 2016, 10:27 AM

Yeah, I happened to be in the garage and there was no bar soap! I usually don't worry too much about it, and it doesn't look too bad this morning. :) I've also never actually used Levenger inks, I just bought a few empty bottles because they are pretty good... bottles for ink! Not all makers, even of nice inks, get that.

I would be really interested to know where you can purchase empty Levenger bottles. I tried to, but couldn't find any in the places I looked. Levenger won't sell me any either. :(

Jon Szanto
October 11th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I would be really interested to know where you can purchase empty Levenger bottles. I tried to, but couldn't find any in the places I looked. Levenger won't sell me any either. :(

I'm pretty certain I happened to pick them up on eBay.

gregamckinney
October 11th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I'm finding that Robert Oster Grün-Schwartz is particularly persistent on the fingers.

greg

VertOlive
October 11th, 2016, 03:25 PM
So. I'm that cheesey then. It never occurs to me to make any special effort to remove the colored spots on and about my person...

gregamckinney
October 11th, 2016, 04:49 PM
So. I'm that cheesey then. It never occurs to me to make any special effort to remove the colored spots on and about my person...

Never! How are people supposed to know how cool you are? :)

greg

stub
October 12th, 2016, 02:31 AM
http://www.howtocleanbathtub.com/wp-content/gallery/clean-bathtub-stains/aedan-ink-4.jpg

Jon Szanto
October 12th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Stub, is that for real??

gregamckinney
October 12th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Stub, is that for real??

Also, Diamine Eclipse?

greg

Jon Szanto
October 12th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Stub, is that for real??

Also, Diamine Eclipse?

And, every time I see someone who has become at one with their ink, as in Stub's photo, I'm reminded of this guy who posted a selfie on reddit...

Chrissy
October 12th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Stub, is that for real??

Also, Diamine Eclipse?

And, every time I see someone who has become at one with their ink, as in Stub's photo, I'm reminded of this guy who posted a selfie on reddit...

OMG! are his earbuds OK?

stub
October 14th, 2016, 04:33 AM
Stub, is that for real??

Jon Szanto baby picture.
heh

who is gonna guess the ink on that guy's face? What'd he do, operate a snorkel wrong way around? I say that is a spray of Sailor Tokiwa Matsu.

Chrissy
October 14th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Stub, is that for real??

Jon Szanto baby picture.
heh

who is gonna guess the ink on that guy's face? What'd he do, operate a snorkel wrong way around? I say that is a spray of Sailor Tokiwa Matsu.

Yea. It's guess the ink on his face. :applause: Diamine Sherwood Green? Does anyone know him so that we can ask? :crazy_pilot:

Scooby921
October 14th, 2016, 05:38 AM
That green is too bright for Tokiwa-Matsu. It does look more like Sherwood Green, or perhaps PR Avacado.

Dreck
October 15th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Noodler's El Lawrence?

laurielindly
October 15th, 2016, 04:02 PM
PR Sherwood Green