PDA

View Full Version : FPGeeks Give Away #10

dannzeman
May 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM
http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/MG_0133-600x82.jpg (http://www.fpgeeks.com/2010/05/welcome-give-away-10/_mg_0133/)
http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/MG_0135-600x161.jpg (http://www.fpgeeks.com/2010/05/welcome-give-away-10/_mg_0135/)
Hey, look at that – we’re into double digits! Ten give aways and this is our, what, third Parker 51? That’s crazy! This 51 Slender is shorter and slightly thinner than full size 51s but longer than the Vacumatic filling Demi. The Slender also uses the Aerometric filler. There is no manufacturing imprint or date code on this pen but the Slender is known to have been first produced in 1948 and there is an imprint on the barrel that reads “EULA M. EDWARDS”. To win this pen tell us how many active notebooks you have and what you’re using them for, for instance, I have four active notebooks. One is a journal, one is for writing blog posts, one is dedicated to ideas for FPGeeks, and the other is a scribble notebook for trying new pens and inks. This contest is open until Monday, May 31st, 2010 11:59pm.

laoriginaltec
May 24th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I have 5 each of them start with a specific subject i.e. Journaling, List making, random things that pop into my head, a small portable journal. Then it changes according to what I can carry out of the house with me or what I feel like writing in that day.

Kelly G
May 24th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I think it is seven: four for school notes (Black 'n Red) One for general meeting notes; One for extended research notes; and a pen sketch pad for trying out new and repaired pens. I have two or three others but they are minor.
Maybe one of these days I'll get an honest to goodness journal going.

MarvinCB
May 24th, 2010, 09:35 PM
My journals are a very important part of my life and began when I started using Fountain Pens. I have six. My main journal is part of my morning routine. Whatever deep thought I'm chewing on for the day, whether it began with something I read or thought of during sleep, is articled in this journal. I have a smaller journal nearby that is used to write down quotes. Another filled with notes on my clients, and another with marketing ideas and work developments. The fifth is filled with random ink samples and scribbles from new pens. And the sixth is in the door of my car to be filled with any information taken while driving like a phone call, an address or a book I hear about on the radio.

mjh
May 24th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I have two notebooks, one is in the kitchen near the phone. It is mostly for jotting notes, writing down phone numbers, adding "to do's". The other is a combination of journal, note taker for computer projects, pen/ink tester, etc. I'd like to get a moleskin-esque one to use as a dedicated journal.

BTW I think that is the first pen I've seen that comes with an End User License Agreement. Yeesh, they stick them on everything these days.

-MJ

donwinn
May 25th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I have three active journals, with one recent change, and two impending changes, due to filling of journals. First journal is a pocket journal, C.R. Gibson Markings 4 x 6 tan cover, which I use for personal notes, shopping lists, and work-related info (when I have a job, which I currently do not). Only a couple of pages left, so need to replace it. Second, another C.R. Gibson markings 5 x 7 tan cover, which I use for sermon notes (used the final pages this past Sunday -- probably going to bring in a Miquelrius I got Christmas before last). Third, for a daily prayer journal, a Japanese A4 notebook (approximately) of unknown brand, as I do not read Kanji. I got it from a fellow pen afficionado on another forum, along with some other sample papers, because he had a store which sells a lot of Asian stationery items near him, and shipping would have destroyed any value for me. I want to find out the brand name, and a local source, because this paper is the BEST for fountain pens I have ever found. I use a Preppy with Kung te Cheng to write in this one. In the other two, I use, literally, whatever is at hand. Last week I used my Duke D10 with M nib for sermon notes, although I usually use a fine nib pen for that. On the pocket journal, I use a Levenger twin pen clip, and usually have a Hero 616 and one other pen in the clips.

Donnie

Donnie

Wile E Coyote
May 25th, 2010, 07:58 AM
None.

penspouse
May 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I have one active notebook, I use for whatever notes, memos, thoughts, etc. in my purse and one very inactive journal I need to start using again. I gave it up because I was bored by what I wrote.

dazygrl02
May 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I have:
- 1 journal
- 4 school notebooks
- 1 for girl scout notes
- 1 for random things that need writing

So, I have 7.

gillyohan
May 25th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I have at least two active books at one time. One is a smaller journal book that i carry with me most of the time. I use it for random thoughts, sermon notes, etc. I also have a medium size journal (around comp book size), which I use for reading notes for my dissertation and other papers.

Bluecloud
May 25th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I have 4 going at the moment.
- One for my work notes. I've bound it myself and am very proud of it :-)
- A simple spiralbound notebook for my daily "private" journal-
- Another simple spiralbound notebook that I use for testing pens, practising calligraphy, scribbling and even on occation sketching (not that anyone would ever identify it as such).
- One is for keeping notes on my sleep patterns for a "sleep school" I'm going to. (Years of serious insomnia hopefully on it's way to being cured).

Ernst Bitterman
May 25th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Four... wait, FIVE writing project books, one for cataloguing fountain pens (with three full and out of service), one for journalling (also in a series) and a very small one to fit into the waistcoat pocket as a commonplace book. Eight in service, and a couple of Apica's in reserve. Good heavens!

Bucolic Buffalo
May 26th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I have two leather wrap notebooks and one old spiral ring notebook. The biggest is about 5 x 7 inches. The spiral ring is usernames & passwords for everything. It's making it's way into the smaller leather notebook. Just doing it slowly. The larger leather wrap notebook was for ideas and a pen & ink log. So far it's mostly what ink is in what pen. Gives me a chance to flip a few pages and see what different inks look like on this coarse paper with the same pen.

happyhaley
May 27th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I have 3 going at the moment. Two are for art ideas and notes when working with clients. The other is for practice in various calligraphic hands. Every week or so I go back to a lettering style and copy out of the Bible practicing my letter form.

~Haley

JMX
May 28th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Hi!

I have a small Leuchtturm 1917 notebook (lined, pocket size) that I use for general,more elaborate notes and writing purposes. Additionally, I often use my 2-page/week Leuchtturm 1917 calendar for quick notes or my nifty hPDA. Mostly I use my black Pelikan Steno (I really miss my red 70s steno!) w/ Montblanc Racing Green which resides in my calendar penloop.

Greetings from Cologne!

TheToadMen
May 28th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Hello,
I have a few journals:
1) a journal for logging during my job as the disaster/accident manager at city hall;
2) a journal at work for writing down appointments, things to do, random thoughts, just using my fountain pen again, ...;
3) a journal for registering my fountain pen writing samples, ink samples, pens to see or buy, etc...;
(there isn't a Parker 51 in it - yet - :)
4) a journal writing down all my thougths about reading/studying the Bible;
5) a journal registering all my activities at www.postcrossing.com (sending postcards all around the world);
6) a journal for my attempt to write a book (still very empty...);
7 - 20) a stack of blanc journals for when I think of new items to write about!
Thank you,
Bert

JohnCruzNg
May 28th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hola!
I currently have three notebooks in use right now.
1. I use one for Spanish. I took an intro course and I am interested in studying it further on my own.
2. I use a journal for the Bergen Count Sheriff's Office internship. I write journals of my daily activities.
3. I use a sketchbook to keep my drawings in. I design t-shirts.

ttakacs
May 29th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I have four notebooks.
1. Clairefontaine large clothbound notebook for taking notes at work.
2. Clairefontaine Life Unplugged notebook for journaling.
3. Clairefontaine 3" by 4" notebook for jotting down notes.
4. Exacompta sketchbook for wine-tasting notes.
5. Staples Eco-Friendly (bagasse) composition notebook for pen and ink writing samples.

rocker9455
May 29th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Hello,
I Have 1 notebook, a pocket moleskine with squared paper, I'm using it at the moment for writing revision notes for my GCSE

major_works
May 29th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Let's see...
1. Large binder filled with Staples bagasse looseleaf paper... this is used for notes for a late-vocations program I'm working my way through.
2. Large classic lined Moleskine... basic journaling/ramblings
3. Maruman Libretto wirebound (A5 size)... for Church Youth Group-related notes (I'm a co-coordinator)
4. Rhodia No. 16 graph paper pad... mostly for pen/ink combo testing

OrchidUnicorn
May 30th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I have 4.
1. A journal written to my daughter. Very random, just started volume two, took nine years to fill the first one. I am not a really dedicated "daily" writer in this one.
2. A journal strictly for me and random thoughts, usually rants so I can vent in private when the going gets tough especially useful since I care for my mother, who has dementia. I now understand caregiver burnout!
3. A dated daily journal with just a few lines for each day. I jot down a little about the day so I can expand on it later in my other journals if I want or need to.
4. A small Black and Red spiral for currently inked pens and other pen/ink information.

Lashelle

Maruk
May 30th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Lets see, I currently have 3 - 1 of which is electronic.
#1 is a small top-folding moleskin that I carry around for ideas, thoughts and various activities. It is updated whenever and with whatever - a real stream of consciousness.
#2 is electronic and is a daily writer, this way I don't have to deal with page lengths and other problems. I mostly write about the day's events and occurrences.
#3 is a weekly journal, where I chart my progress to my goals. I also note my following to virtues a la Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues system. It keeps me on-track and away from trouble that I do not want.

countrydirt
May 31st, 2010, 07:44 PM
Hi all!
I have 3 notebooks. #1 is for practice handwriting, #2 is for song lyrics and poems as they come to me, #3 is for Bible study.

bardolator
May 31st, 2010, 08:10 PM
I have three notebooks going, currently:

#1 is a pocket-sized Moleskine (black) that I use as a "brain dump." It's actually the notebook that got me (back) into fountain pens! I was looking for a pen that wouldn't bleed through and saw a reference to Noodler's ink and, well.... (Four pens later, that was the most expensive notebook I've ever bought!) This notebook rides around in my purse; I jot lesson plan ideas, shopping lists, appointment reminders, etc. in it.

#2 is a spiral-bound Black 'N Red that I've been using as a class notebook for two classes I teach on Sunday afternoons. I keep lessons, quizzes, grades, and attendance in it.

#3 is a little Clairefontaine "Unplugged" notebook (black). I just started keeping it; I'm writing a series of letters to my nephew/godson in it (he's six weeks old). <3

(I'm not really gunning for the 51; just wanted to add to an interesting thread!)

dannzeman
June 5th, 2010, 11:26 AM
And the winner is...Ernst Bitterman! Be on the lookout for an email/PM from me.
Thanks to everyone for participating!

Four... wait, FIVE writing project books, one for cataloguing fountain pens (with three full and out of service), one for journalling (also in a series) and a very small one to fit into the waistcoat pocket as a commonplace book. Eight in service, and a couple of Apica's in reserve. Good heavens!

countrydirt
June 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM
dang, I was sure I would win!

TWRDO
June 5th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Congrats Mr. Ernst!

penspouse
June 6th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Congratulations!

Ernst Bitterman
June 7th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I may have to amend my name-- it's hard to live up to is when so many good things are happening. I will, of course, be recording this in two of the previously mentioned books, as it's both journal-fodder and a pen to be catalogued.

riffraff
June 9th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Congrats, Ernst!

ToasterPastry
June 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Excuse me. Stop the contest. I'm EULA M. EDWARDS and I want my pen back.

Ernst Bitterman
June 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM
As great a believer as I am in the principle of Nemo Dat Quod Non Habet, I will happily return the item in question once properly satisfied as to your identity. This will most easily be done if you can send me the thumb and index finger from your writing hand to compare impressions on the pen, but failing that an affidavit from someone present at your birth and continuously present up to the point of the purchase of the pen will do the trick.

Say, I should work for the government, shouldn't I?

akonpittbull
June 30th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I have collection of more then five hundred pens and among then two hundred is ink pen. In this collection I have Parker, Montblanc. I love to write with the ink pen specially of the parker and thats why I always recommend everybody to wright with it because writing comes great in that.

Ernst Bitterman
July 10th, 2010, 10:12 AM
The item of delight has arrived, and it's a jim dandy (or a djinn dabny, if you prefer).

asoldasdirt
May 10th, 2011, 05:43 AM
I use three. One for my daily notes, record of conversations, thoughts ideas and stuff...One as a personal journal which records my thoughts, prayers, and life experiences. A small one is carried in my suit pocket for random thoughts and notes. All moleskines as they last the longest.