PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Pen Show 1-3 March

manoeuver
February 18th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I'll be hanging out all 3 days. Who else is planning on checking it out? I'll be checking out new pens mostly, looking for cool stationery, and adding another new ink manufacturer or two (TBD) to my collection.

If there's another one or more folks going let's do some sort of meetup for a meal or beer or something.

fountainpenkid
February 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Probably not, but maybe, just maybe. It looks like a great show. I would go for the meal over the beer ;)

Bogon07
February 18th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Have a great beer or two and enjoy the show.

earthdawn
February 19th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Ill be going to the Long Island Pen Show this year. I wish I was going to the Baltimore Show!

TAKE PICS !!!!! and have a great time.

writingrav
February 19th, 2013, 04:46 AM
I'm going to try to come down just for Friday. It will be a rush but I might just do it.

fountainpenkid
February 19th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Ill be going to the Long Island Pen Show this year. I wish I was going to the Baltimore Show!

TAKE PICS !!!!! and have a great time.

Great! I'll definitely see you at LI I guess!

BikerBabe
February 20th, 2013, 05:52 AM
I wish I could be there, I've never been to a pen show before, and it would have been totally awesome to meet up with some of you guys in here.
But it's a bit far away from here. *waves from the Copenhagen, Denmark kinda area* :)

Greg Minuskin
February 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM
I wish I could be there too, but I sold out all my pens at the L.A. Pen Show :-(

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

earthdawn
February 23rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Great! I'll definitely see you at LI I guess!

Obsoletely !!!

PS... I had to buy 10 clear #18 sacs to make the minimum order lol... Let me know if you want a couple to mess around with.

I will only be there on Saturday though... work is in the way as usual.

JoeFromNashville
February 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I'm thinking about making a run up for all three days if the wife will cut me loose for the weekend. I had to miss LA:cry: due to work but this one looks awesome. Especially with a Saturday night auction?

manoeuver
March 4th, 2013, 04:38 AM
OK, this show was a hoot. here's the haul:

Me 3-year old daughter came with me on Sunday (Mom, Dad and Wife, too) and vendors showered her with gifts- a quill, this lovely book, and 2 pens from Lisa Anderson and PCA.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/timhofmann/IMG_20130304_060422_zps5c467d1a.jpg

I had a good haul. Some whitelines notebooks, a Vac 20 bottle, Classic Mini with 1.5mm stub, and a TWSBI Mechanical Pencil from the Andersons. Some Lamy Blue-Black and Habana Brown from Bertram's. Tyler Thompson's new Edgar Allan Poe ink (it's red.) And a really nice pen storage case from Mario and Angelica at Toys in the Attic.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/timhofmann/IMG_20130304_061958_zps99a825db.jpg

Nibbage Shot:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/timhofmann/IMG_20130304_060618_zps5aae87bf.jpg

I got one of my TWSBI Vac nibs cut to a beautiful crispy italic, bought an already-modded Bad Boy nib and picked up a Parker Frontier that absolutely sang in my hand at Pendleton Brown's amazing table.

Hanging out at Peldleton's table is always awesome, cause you know the other person or two sitting there is a total geek too. I had a ton of fun interacting with Pendleton's other customers, it would have been a worthwhile pursuit to just hang out at his table through the whole show.

Ok, I gotta go write stuff.

writingrav
March 4th, 2013, 05:19 AM
I too had a great time in Baltimore though I could only be there for a few hours on Friday. My haul included a Parker 45 pen and pencil set, a bottle of J.Herbin Gris Nouage , a White lines journal, a Franklin-Christophe pocket journal and my prizes from the Anderson Pens give away: a platinum Please and a Pilot pen case. More importantly I had a ball.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
March 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Sounds like it was a blast! All those great pen shots from Tim...thanks! I hope some of them are left for long island!