PDA

View Full Version : One of my favorites from the Walter's Art Gallery

jar
October 16th, 2016, 07:47 PM
This is one of the items that I used to stare at for ages when visiting the Walter's.

It is "Studying the Collection" and the signature is Ryounsai Moritoshi.

http://www.fototime.com/AD367C1D8A6BFCC/large.jpg

At the time (I was probably 8 or 9) it was just interesting but now it seems so appropriate and much like I often feel.

Orpilorp
November 25th, 2016, 11:36 AM
When my son was 8 or 9 I took him to the local art museum. It housed works by Rembrandt, Titian, Veronese, El Greco, Camille Pissarro, Auguste Renoir, and Claude Monet. But the only piece he Cared for was a watercolor of a bloody buffalo being speared by natives.

jar
November 27th, 2016, 07:12 AM
When my son was 8 or 9 I took him to the local art museum. It housed works by Rembrandt, Titian, Veronese, El Greco, Camille Pissarro, Auguste Renoir, and Claude Monet. But the only piece he Cared for was a watercolor of a bloody buffalo being speared by natives.

My interest began with the Egyptian collection of mummies and such and then the Asian weapons collection with swords and daggers and bright fancy armor but I was lucky. The folk there got used to seeing me wander in and so took turns directing me towards different areas. It was the best kind of learning where you have no idea that is what you are doing.