PDA

View Full Version : Oooooh! another new m400 edition!

amk
October 17th, 2016, 02:55 AM
I've just seen the new 'Stresemann' m400 - Couronne du Comte popped an email in my inbox. Here's a link:https://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/pelikan-souveran-stresemann-fountain-p-8160.html
(https://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/pelikan-souveran-stresemann-fountain-p-8160.html)

Since I've been lusting after that colour (or lack of colour) combination for ages and the m800 is just a tad big and heavy for my hands, I have a dreadful feeling that my bank account is going to be a bit lighter. But the timing is wicked; coming just after I maxed out the pen budget for the m400 special tortoise edition. (I see Pelikan hasn't packages the Stresemann with a broad italic nib; you can only get that with the tortoise.)

What do people think? Who's already ordered?

grainweevil
October 17th, 2016, 03:29 AM
Stresemans always make me think somebody made a mistake and saved the image in greyscale. I suppose I likes me colours. But good news for those lamenting the size of the M8xx, such as yourself, amk. Further annoyance for the M6xx nobody-loves-us folks, though. And no further danger to the wallet for me (thank goodness).

Now how can we persuade Pelikan to stop limiting the broad italic nib to special editions?

fountainpenkid
October 17th, 2016, 06:07 AM
Awesome! I'm glad they're not leaving smaller pen people in the lurch in terms of special editions.

Runnin_Ute
October 17th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Love the pen. Unfortunately, the budget won't allow this one at the present time. Certainly isn't because of the size though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

inklord
October 17th, 2016, 09:22 AM
I've been waiting for this one ever since the M805 Stresemann came out - since I am a small pen guy with the Lamy 2000 being more or less my upper size limit and my preference hovering in the Peli M2xx/4xx and Sailor Pro Gear arena.
fountainpenkid: I don't think it's even a special edition, like the M805 Stresemannit's bound to stay!
Also: I guess B&W photo fans like this gray-scale pen!

fountainpenkid
October 17th, 2016, 10:02 AM
I've been waiting for this one ever since the M805 Stresemann came out - since I am a small pen guy with the Lamy 2000 being more or less my upper size limit and my preference hovering in the Peli M2xx/4xx and Sailor Pro Gear arena.
fountainpenkid: I don't think it's even a special edition, like the M805 Stresemannit's bound to stay!
You're right--I meant new, not special or limited. All the better--I would love to get one of these some day!
I think this might be the first non-vintage M400/M405 color they've done other than the blue and red stripes. Of course I'm probably forgetting something...

grainweevil
October 17th, 2016, 03:10 PM

A fair observation. The odd thing is I like B&W photos. Go, as they say, figure. :crazy:

VertOlive
October 17th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Oh finally! Thanks for the heads up. It would be perfect for my funeral director husband.

jodylud
October 26th, 2016, 04:44 PM
I have a bottle of Robert Oster 'Graphite' waiting for this pen...

sconny
November 1st, 2016, 09:38 AM
I got a Stesseman when they came out in the M800 size - I absolutely thought I would love it from all the pics I had seen, but in person the color was just not for me. I much prefer the tortoises, blues, and the shattered look of the Colored LEs and the city series. Live and learn!

amk
November 1st, 2016, 07:08 PM
OMG. I have just got my new M400 and the italic broad nib is impressive. To swoon over!I'll be inking it up tomorrow and hope to have fun with it!