PDA

View Full Version : Show us your writing desk!

TonyJones
February 22nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, or if there are any similar threads, but the search button threw nothing up!

I like doing a bit of DIY, and I'm currently buying materials and getting shit sorted to make this (http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/06/fancy-x-farmhouse-table.html). It shall look magnificent in my dining room!

Anyway, the reason for this post is ask if you guys to post pictures up of your writing desks, just for a bit of inspiration, and just to be generally nosy ;) I plan on building one next, as a nice space to write and store my writing stuff, as well as showing off some lovely pens and inks I plan on getting my mitts on.

I look forward to seeing your desks!

MrMGWard
February 22nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
That is a very nice table! I may have to build one of those as well.

Here is my current writing desk:

Most of my writing is done there, or at my kitchen table. Depending on how many projects I have on the go and how much space is taken up on each.

:P Mike

Carole
February 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Great farmhouse table! And Mike, I see you favor the MB ink-shoe.

Way too much stuff on this desk, had to neaten things for foto. Writing happens on the table.

eriquito
February 22nd, 2013, 09:29 PM
Here's my writing desk:

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/ECDesk.jpg

Of course, it's rarely this neat, but the key to organization: Cubbyholes!

Bogon07
February 22nd, 2013, 11:28 PM
TonyJones -that is a very solid looking writing table. Neat build.
Mike - that is very compact and I hope those shoes are clean.
Carol - that looks sort of antiquarian and bonus points for the Paperblanks journals.
Eric - fastidiously well organised. You hid the duty free Tequila bottles for the photo. The desk is a nice dark wood or has it been painted black ?

Here is my kitchen table with a pile of pen boxes.
Tasmanian Huon Pine box with Al-Stars
Walnut stained biscuit box with Jinhao/Chinese pens
Pseudo Bird book box with Safaris & Joy.
Black Leather Lamy Box of Studios.

TonyJones
February 23rd, 2013, 01:57 AM
Hi guys, great looking tables!

Mr Ward, what's with the shoes? He he.

Carole, nice set up. Could you tell me what your coffee mug is? Looks familiar but can't remember why!

Eric, lovely set up. Cubby holes look very handy, and I like the finish.

Bogon, are those boxes full? Huge collection!

Sent from my mobile box with lots of transistors inside using Tapatalk 2

Carole
February 23rd, 2013, 03:04 AM
Hi guys, great looking tables!

Carole, nice set up. Could you tell me what your coffee mug is? Looks familiar but can't remember why!

The blue mug, with the SoCal Mystery Writers of America logo--it's Ed Poe in sunglasses with palm trees behind him. :cool: That's great, if you're a member here too?

(I know my desk is a disaster, but letters are going out this weekend no matter what.)

TonyJones
February 23rd, 2013, 03:16 AM
I have to be honest, I've never heard of SoCal MW! I'm from the UK and can't write, at all :D

Carole
February 23rd, 2013, 04:56 AM
I have to be honest, I've never heard of SoCal MW! I'm from the UK and can't write, at all :D

Ah. Well, I expect the mug looked familiar for a different reason, then. ;)

TonyJones
February 23rd, 2013, 05:23 AM
I'll make some plausible excuse up ;)

MrMGWard
February 23rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Mr Ward, what's with the shoes? He he.

Ah yes, I guess I should clarify why my writing desk has shoes on it shouldn't I. That desk is also where I work on my custom painted shoes. So Bogon07 they are indeed clean heh. Feel free to take a look at my website to get a better idea of what I mean: http://www.customswaves.com

TonyJones
February 23rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Some impressive work there! Don't think I could justify spending that much on a pair of shoes though.

Tracy Lee
February 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Ah yes, I guess I should clarify why my writing desk has shoes on it shouldn't I. That desk is also where I work on my custom painted shoes. So Bogon07 they are indeed clean heh. Feel free to take a look at my website to get a better idea of what I mean: http://www.customswaves.com

Wow, those are amazing shoes!! Really amazing. Thanks for sharing your link.

Bogon07
February 23rd, 2013, 07:32 PM
Nice work on those shoes Mike. The Mondrians are real eye catchers even among all the are amazing designs. I'd be worried about wearing them outside in case they got scuffed and dirty.

TonyJones, yes the boxes are pretty full of Safaris & Al-Stars.
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/664-Lamy-Collection

eriquito
February 23rd, 2013, 11:08 PM
Eric - fastidiously well organised. You hid the duty free Tequila bottles for the photo. The desk is a nice dark wood or has it been painted black ?

The duty free tequila bottles are long gone =)
The desk is wood that has been painted black.

eriquito
February 23rd, 2013, 11:16 PM
Mr. Ward's Custom Swaves are the shoes I mentioned having purchased at the LA Pen Show. They are going to be amazingly awesome!! =) =)