PDA

View Full Version : OHIO PEN SHOW RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!!

Rick Krantz
October 24th, 2016, 07:53 PM
This will be my second Ohio Pen show in a few weeks.

All I can say is that it was painful to miss this show two years in a row after being there in 2013.

Life sometimes gets in the way, but I am overly excited to get there this year.

I love the shows Terry puts on. They are fun filled with a lot of events thru the show.

I'm hoping my endorsement sways you to attend if you are even thinking about it.

http://www.theohiopenshow.com/ (http://www.theohiopenshow.com/)

FredRydr
October 26th, 2016, 08:23 AM
There will be pens. Lots of pens.

Columbus Ohio is my favorite show, even more than DC (which is much closer and bigger).

Fred

Frank
October 31st, 2016, 06:21 PM
Looking forward to my second year at this show as well!

Frank :)

DPWilkens
October 31st, 2016, 08:16 PM
Hoping to get there Friday, if not the other days.

GeekFish
November 2nd, 2016, 07:45 AM
I'm hoping life doesn't get in the way....planning to go Saturday! And it will be my first pen show! Probably going to need to leave the debit card at home that day....

manoeuver
November 2nd, 2016, 08:38 AM
I'll be there all week!

I'm bringing coffee and donuts on Saturday and Sunday mornings too. oh yeah!

dannzeman
November 2nd, 2016, 09:07 PM
I'll be there Friday to Sunday grinding nibs

FredRydr
November 3rd, 2016, 09:52 PM
Starting Thursday, Rick Krantz and I will have a table of pens, inkwells, a watch or two, Rick's popular junk/parts pen box and other good stuff. I will bring a sample of George Sherwood's (see: https://www.facebook.com/barktoburl/?fref=ts) new compact circular pen stand made of gorgeous exotic wood. Rick Valido will add some of his pens later in the show; he usually has Montblancs to die for.

Fred

david i
November 3rd, 2016, 10:03 PM
Should I bring some of my sort of show-n-tell?

-d

Rick Krantz
November 3rd, 2016, 10:13 PM
No... no you cannot.

Rick Krantz
November 3rd, 2016, 10:14 PM
Haha... that was great. Go ahead. Can we offer requests?

Rick Krantz
November 3rd, 2016, 10:15 PM
Carters, Conklin, Chiltons, Moores, and leboeufs....

Jon Szanto
November 3rd, 2016, 10:35 PM
I wish. This will have to wait a year or two until retirement. You guys, please stay alive for a couple more years, m'kay? :)

FredRydr
November 4th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Click here: http://www.theohiopenshow.com/

Fred

manoeuver
November 7th, 2016, 10:57 AM
I wish. This will have to wait a year or two until retirement. You guys, please stay alive for a couple more years, m'kay? :)

no.

Jon Szanto
November 7th, 2016, 10:59 AM

no.

Such a punk.

FredRydr
November 8th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Day after tomorrow.

Fred

FredRydr
November 9th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Tomorrow!

http://www.theohiopenshow.com/

Fred

manoeuver
November 10th, 2016, 06:04 AM
today!

penwash
November 10th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Good, now show us the pictures :)

DPWilkens
November 11th, 2016, 07:03 PM
I stopped by this afternoon. Had a great time and talked to a lot of people. They seemed to have some great deals on vintage pens. Unfortunately I was not in the market for a major pen purchase, but I did grab a new nib for my Esterbrook J, a cheap Scripto cartridge pen, some paper and a glass inkwell. I might be wrong, but was this the first time the Diplomat people were at the show? I got to try out their Zeppelin looking pen, as well as try out some Edisons at their companies table and handle a couple of Labans.

Mags
November 13th, 2016, 01:32 AM
I am wishing all of you in Ohio a very good show. I was not paying attention the show was an 8 hour drive away and I really should have come down to it. Perhaps next year I can make it as a closer show than DC. Plus a new community to visit and see.

lady in red
November 13th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I wish they had one in Atlanta of all places that is only 3 hrs away from me and or charlotte nc that is only an hour away ....maybe someday they will have shows in Atlanta and charlotte .

sloegin
November 13th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I wish they had one in Atlanta of all places that is only 3 hrs away from me and or charlotte nc that is only an hour away ....maybe someday they will have shows in Atlanta and charlotte .
There is one in Atlanta.

Jon Szanto
November 13th, 2016, 12:30 PM
The utter lack of photographic documentation in this thread is distressing and unkind. ;)

FredRydr
November 13th, 2016, 08:19 PM
The utter lack of photographic documentation in this thread is distressing and unkind. ;)

Saturday dessert party:

Fred

TheRealMikeDr
November 14th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Rick - I'm enjoying the Sheaffer Balance I purchased from you Saturday afternoon. I really enjoyed the show (my first pen show) - looking forward to next year already.

Cheers!

FrozenPen
April 28th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Taking a stab in the dark here ~ Trying to find out who a vendor was at the 2016 show but have little information other than my memory. I forgot to write down his name or get a card (newbie show excitement I guess).

- if you walked clockwise around the "big"room his table was on your right as you neared the exit
- had a great conversation with him on Sunday morning about user vs. collector (worth preserving in it's current state for the benefit of the community - my definition) pens (we agreed they shouldn't be used)
- he had great advice on pros/cons of modern vs. vintage collecting
- and he had some great looking Nozacs
- he wasn't local as he was catching an afternoon flight

Any idea who he could have been?
Anyone have a "seating chart" for the show?
I'll be going this year so, hopefully, I'll run into him again.

FrozenPen
May 1st, 2017, 01:57 PM
Taking a stab in the dark here ~ Trying to find out who a vendor was at the 2016 show but have little information other than my memory. I forgot to write down his name or get a card (newbie show excitement I guess).
I'll be going this year so, hopefully, I'll run into him again.