PDA

View Full Version : New Ink Review: Diamine Shimmer 2016: Fire Storm Red

Chrissy
October 26th, 2016, 10:24 AM
I'm posting reviews of all 12 new shimmer inks on here separately. I've heard today that release date for these inks is 4th November.

Generally speaking, I found all 12 of these new shimmer inks to be wetter than all of the other shimmer inks I have used.

Currently I only have samples that Diamine very kindly sent me to test, and to review 'if I wanted to', but my small bottles don't need much shaking to mix the particles in, and the pens need very little shaking once they are filled.

I have had these inks in these pens for at least 2 weeks now. Every pen/ink combination has started straight away without a problem, and I have experienced no stopping or skipping.
Some take longer to dry than others, and a couple just soaked into the paper straight away. The most saturated inks will show through and bleed through on cheap paper.
None of them are waterproof inks.

I assume they will come in the same type of bottles as the previous set of shimmer inks, but I haven't seen the retail bottles yet.

Diamine Shimmer Fire Storm Red is a bright red ink that is similar to Diamine Tulip. It's a well saturated ink with silver shimmer. The silver shimmer shows up really easily. I used a red Lamy Safari that has a M nib and I had no trouble seeing the silver effect. This ink feels quite wet, but dries fairly quickly. The Lamy Safari loved it. The combination was a pleasure to write with.

The first picture is a scanned review form, and the second is a photo. These have been adjusted with Photoshop to get the colour you see to look as close as possible to the actual ink colour.