PDA

View Full Version : Parker "VACUMATIC" in black

pengeezer
October 28th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Much has been made about the rare Vac pens with the "VACUMATIC" band on the cap. I know
that they were made in the normal colors of silver,brown,burgundy,emerald and blue. But did they
make it also in black? I'm curious to know....

....and if someone has one,pics please.

John

lsmith42
October 28th, 2016, 07:00 PM
The Syndicate reports that they've never seen these pens in blue...

tnordl
October 29th, 2016, 01:11 AM
I have one blue and one gray-white and am pretty sure I have seen black ones on the net.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Farmboy
October 29th, 2016, 08:48 AM
The pens being discussed were produced for a short period of time in 1937.

Parker introduced the blue Vacumatic material in 1940.

pengeezer
October 29th, 2016, 02:27 PM
The pens being discussed were produced for a short period of time in 1937.

Parker introduced the blue Vacumatic material in 1940.

You're absolutely right,Todd. I forgot that the blue celluloid wasn't introduced until 1940. So that leaves amber,
silver,burgundy and emerald.....and emerald is the only color I haven't seen the Vac capband in.

John

david i
November 1st, 2016, 10:05 PM
Much has been made about the rare Vac pens with the "VACUMATIC" band on the cap. I know
that they were made in the normal colors of silver,brown,burgundy,emerald and blue. But did they
make it also in black? I'm curious to know....

....and if someone has one,pics please.

John

Probly not...

http://vacumania.com/penteech2/parkervacumatic_vacband_black5pens950a.jpg

-d

Farmboy
November 1st, 2016, 10:09 PM
If anyone is keeping track. David shows all 5 of the black Vac-band items. There is a total of 25 items - 5 colors; 4 pen sizes and one pencil. Then again, just when you say there are 25 possible, someone will turn up a reverse trim pen or some other undocumented configuration...but there will be no blue.

david i
November 1st, 2016, 10:26 PM
Hi Todd,

In this case not quite. There are two duplicates in that shot. Three of the five in black. I have all five in Green, maybe in silver. 4 or 5 in brown.

I believe Luiz has shown a blue, which should not exist. Whether late production piece with leftover parts or aftermarket (seemingly more likely) I can't say.

regards

David

pengeezer
November 3rd, 2016, 03:51 PM
Nice pens,David. Thanks for the pic.

John