PDA

View Full Version : InCoWriMo 2017

bruce
October 29th, 2016, 05:42 AM
With only 3 months away and several major events and celebrations in between, it's not too early to start thinking about InCoWriMo 2017.

Moving forward one year at a time, the annual letter writing event returns thanks to the great community that has grown up around it.

http://incowrimo-2017.org

VertOlive
October 29th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Ready to jump in, but, as you mention, many major events upon us before then!

jeffneradams
October 30th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Looking forward to it this year!

mgmmaze
October 31st, 2016, 08:59 AM
I loved what we had set up here this past year with the spread sheet. Not only was it organized I found that I was able to send out more letters than the year before and find people if I needed their address again for whatever reason.

southpaw52
October 31st, 2016, 11:24 AM
Always look forward to it each year.

mgmmaze
November 2nd, 2016, 11:11 AM
I am on the usps website right now looking at stamps getting ready to stock up for it.

datainadequate
November 2nd, 2016, 11:25 AM
I'm very happy to see Babylonic Cuneiform being promoted as one of the scripts for InCoWriMo 2017, but I am worried whether our modern postal systems will be able to deliver my baked clay tablets reliably.

sgtstretch
November 3rd, 2016, 07:44 AM
I'm very happy to see Babylonic Cuneiform being promoted as one of the scripts for InCoWriMo 2017, but I am worried whether our modern postal systems will be able to deliver my baked clay tablets reliably.

Maybe if you put Do Not Bend, and Fragile on the tablet. But that could also mean that they would completely trash it.

Pharmasweaves
November 4th, 2016, 03:16 AM
Let us hope the governmental systems have not been overtaken by then. I don't know if people would allow the Pony Express, what with the animal abuse allegations.

I am looking forward to it, I had fun with last year being my first, and letter writing helps de-stress in between long study sessions on campus. Sometimes I wonder if people think me strange with letters and paper and pens spread all over the entire table in the library. Then I realize I don't care what they think.

mgmmaze
November 5th, 2016, 01:27 PM
This is the only time I break my only 5 pens inked rule. Otherwise things never get cleaned such a mess :p

bruce
December 19th, 2016, 09:39 AM
At 6 weeks away, they seem to have been keeping track of the events and celebrations while meanwhile an increasing number of names are appearing on the list. I hear the clay will be dry enough on the tablets that they will be able to start posting this years addresses on January 18th. Have started to clear the decks and stocking up already.

DaveBj
December 19th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I'm not going to commit to write a letter per day, but I put my name and address on the list, and I will promptly answer all letters that I receive.

frmamede
December 20th, 2016, 04:22 AM
2017 will be my first InCoWriMo! I'm reading about it now, to get the hang of it, and look forward to participating, especially because I just started the FP thing, and don't have any Pen Pals just yet... :(
But I think I won't be able to write one letter a day. Classes start on February, and things get pretty busy in the University. Still, gonna try and do as many as I can!

Chrissy
December 20th, 2016, 06:35 AM
I'm in! :)

Lady Onogaro
December 20th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Like DaveBj and frmamede, I'll do what I can. Classes start in January, and I think the end of A term is at the end of February, so I don't know that I can get 28 letters out. But I'm willing to try and will answer (eventually) all the letters I receive.

Morgaine
December 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
I can envisage one short note from students to another student...

"Oops, I fell asleep during the 9am Monday lecture, can I photocopy your lecture notes please?"

Good luck everyone, with letters and studies!

I will probably participate but will sign up nearer the date (things are possibly afoot).

VertOlive
December 20th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Still in. Good reminder to re-stock the paper supply!

penultress
December 21st, 2016, 06:33 PM
I need to update my address. Where can I do that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

writingrav
December 22nd, 2016, 03:57 PM
Speaking of INCOWRIMO... I've participated since 2013 and I am wavering for this year. I'll decided closer to the date. But, today I bit the bullet and discarded hundreds of letters. I've kept every letter I've received since this all began and as some of you know my correspondence has been prodigious. So many people with who I've corresponded who at some point stopped writing back without a word. I answer every letter (there has been but one exception for which I'm sorry.) One or two correspondences ended by mutual decision, we just didn't have much in common, but for scores of others over these three years letters just stopped. I suggest that if you do not want to continue a correspondence you politely beg off, no hard feelings, no reason needed. Meanwhile, the recycling bin ate well tonight.

caribbean_skye
December 23rd, 2016, 07:59 AM
i have ordered note cards for 2017 so i think im ready.

writingrav - wavering?!? say it isnt so. i know how you feel though, i went thru my letters toward the end of the summer and shredded the ones i havent heard from in a while. Certainly no hard feelings here either, just means more space for other letters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

distracted_mom
December 27th, 2016, 02:11 PM
2017 will be my first InCoWriMo! I'm reading about it now, to get the hang of it, and look forward to participating, especially because I just started the FP thing, and don't have any Pen Pals just yet... :(
But I think I won't be able to write one letter a day. Classes start on February, and things get pretty busy in the University. Still, gonna try and do as many as I can!

They don't have to be long. On busy days, I sent a postcard. It's really a lot of fun!

southpaw52
December 27th, 2016, 04:15 PM
InCoWriMo is so much fun and it is great to add more regular pen pals,

frmamede
December 27th, 2016, 07:22 PM

They don't have to be long. On busy days, I sent a postcard. It's really a lot of fun!

Postcards do sound like a fun option to start! Got to stack up on some! :)

Morgaine
January 2nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
Speaking of INCOWRIMO... I've participated since 2013 and I am wavering for this year. I'll decided closer to the date. But, today I bit the bullet and discarded hundreds of letters. I've kept every letter I've received since this all began and as some of you know my correspondence has been prodigious. So many people with who I've corresponded who at some point stopped writing back without a word. I answer every letter (there has been but one exception for which I'm sorry.) One or two correspondences ended by mutual decision, we just didn't have much in common, but for scores of others over these three years letters just stopped. I suggest that if you do not want to continue a correspondence you politely beg off, no hard feelings, no reason needed. Meanwhile, the recycling bin ate well tonight.

That must have been quite a pile! I found letters from my 1995/6 writing session, and I have also kept all the letters received since 2007/8. They are in boxes, as are the Postcrossing postcards I have received via the main site and their forum.

For those who do discard (shred for recycling) letters, I do hope the stamps don't go with them - there are plenty of charities around the world raising money through sale of stamps (kiloware) to dealers.

sharmon202
January 2nd, 2017, 03:56 PM

That must have been quite a pile! I found letters from my 1995/6 writing session, and I have also kept all the letters received since 2007/8. They are in boxes, as are the Postcrossing postcards I have received via the main site and their forum.

For those who do discard (shred for recycling) letters, I do hope the stamps don't go with them - there are plenty of charities around the world raising money through sale of stamps (kiloware) to dealers.

How would we contribute to this?

FredRydr
January 2nd, 2017, 04:08 PM
...For those who do discard (shred for recycling) letters, I do hope the stamps don't go with them - there are plenty of charities around the world raising money through sale of stamps (kiloware) to dealers.

Will you share a link to more information about this?

Fred

Morgaine
January 3rd, 2017, 02:43 AM
New thread started for charities wanting stamps.

FredRydr
January 3rd, 2017, 06:25 PM
Here is my tactic. If you are near a flea market, antiques market, jumble or car boot sale, look for boxes of unsorted postcards and make a low offer to the vendor before he/she begins to go through them. One they are categorized or put into plastic sleeves, it's too late and prices are set high (in the US, invariably $1+ each). If you buy them unsorted, you can reduce cost for each card to a pittance. When I cull the unusable cards (used or too weak to mail), I always find someone who wants them, even putting them in a 'Free' box on a pen show vendor table.

PM me if you want to do postcard swaps. Also see https://www.postcrossing.com

Fred

frmamede
January 4th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Here is my tactic. If you are near a flea market, antiques market, jumble or car boot sale, look for boxes of unsorted postcards and make a low offer to the vendor before he/she begins to go through them. One they are categorized or put into plastic sleeves, it's too late and prices are set high (in the US, invariably $1+ each). If you buy them unsorted, you can reduce cost for each card to a pittance. When I cull the unusable cards (used or too weak to mail), I always find someone who wants them, even putting them in a 'Free' box on a pen show vendor table.

PM me if you want to do postcard swaps. Also see https://www.postcrossing.com

Fred
That looks like a good tactic! Gonna try it next chance I get! Lol...
I've seen this post crossing site mentioned in another thread. Even visited the site. It looks fun! Is it trustworthy? I would definetly like to exchange some postcards!

Enviado de meu XT1580 usando Tapatalk

FredRydr
January 4th, 2017, 07:28 AM
...I've seen this post crossing site mentioned in another thread. Even visited the site. It looks fun! Is it trustworthy?....
Postcrossing is a very-well run and easy to use site, and members remain anonymous until they are randomly selected, and even then the real name and address is only known to the member assigned to send a postcard. Postcards are not exchanged (i.e., swapped) between two members unless two agree to direct swaps. You will see more information in that regard when you sign in. You can send as few postcards as you want, and will receive as many as you send. I've had postcard swaps develop into letters as pen friends.

Fred

Morgaine
January 4th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Postcrossing is great. The lovely Paolo, Ana, Mundoo and the others do a great job keeping the main site and the forum all wonderful. Never had any problems with them. Your address is safe with the main site. The forum is a separate login. Postcrossing has been celebrated on stamps from some countries - Belarus is the latest one to have a stamp. The Dutch are greedy and have had 2 issues of Postcrossing stamps!

A lot of postcards would probably be sent to Russia (doesn't have the most wonderful postal system in the world) so it may seem like ages for a postcard to arrive there. Once a postcard you have sent has arrived and is registered, your address goes in the pool to be drawn out by another postcrosser, anywhere in the world.

I was also very active on the forum, running an RR (group swaps for postcards).

ChristyOTwisty
January 4th, 2017, 11:53 AM
It looks so far like I'll be spending InCoWriMo 2017 catching up with correspondents from 2016 after a long absence. Send me a PM if you're overdue for a letter from me. I'm recovering from yesterday's surgery and can manage an inked grovel/apology or three this week.

Morgaine
January 6th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Something has appeared on the main site, with the 2017 list "Coming Soon!"

Bruce, however, has done wonders with his site though. :dance3:

southpaw52
January 6th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Something has appeared on the main site, with the 2017 list "Coming Soon!"

Bruce, however, has done wonders with his site though. :dance3:

Yes the site looks terrific.

Pharmasweaves
January 6th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Just added my address to the InCoWriMo.org address book :-)

Gonna be my 2nd year going, hopefully it goes as well as last year.

Morgaine
January 6th, 2017, 08:59 AM
There's quite a few names I recognise signed up, also a few new ones! I have been promoting Bruce's site.

I'm getting excited...

mgmmaze
January 11th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Is there going to be a spreadsheet like last year. That was awesome and so easy to make a list from and keep track of people

Morgaine
January 12th, 2017, 05:53 AM
I don't know about a spreadsheet this year, but Bruce has an address book on his site to be visible later next week.

ceramic_pizza
January 15th, 2017, 01:19 AM
*spares at letters postmarked for 2016 that I didn't reply to.*

... Maybe I'll just reply to those this year instead of putting my name up on the list.

Runnin_Ute
January 15th, 2017, 06:29 PM
I will be participating. I usually get all 28 out, but not necessarily one a day.

ShannPens
January 17th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Wow! Has it been a year already?!! I'm sure I owe some folks letters from last year but, I'm in again for this year!

ShannPens
January 17th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Is there a spreadsheet this year again? I didn't see one linked.

Morgaine
January 17th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Spreadsheet not needed with the address book on Bruce's site

penultress
January 18th, 2017, 09:28 PM
I added my name!
The way I got there:
Go to link in post #1. Scroll down and click on photo of letters. Click on "address book" then click on "join in." A form will pop up and you can fill in your info!

ThriveToScribe
January 19th, 2017, 05:23 PM

As long as you have enough postage.....but will that ruin the uniqueness of the missives?

ChristyOTwisty
January 20th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Is there going to be a spreadsheet like last year. That was awesome and so easy to make a list from and keep track of people

The spreadsheet last year had the advantage of listing people's interests. I enjoy the frisson of finding someone sharing a niche or unusual interest more than generating general, scattershot questions for most of an opening letter.

A nifty addition to InCoWriMo 2017 is its unique planning calendar for months January and February 2017, listing some feast days and holidays I never knew about!

VertOlive
January 21st, 2017, 02:17 PM
Removing myself from the 2017 list. Address changes afoot in February and will be living in a caravan until summer. I'll only be communicating with current pen pals.

I cannot figure out how to take myself off the actual InCo site....

scrivelry
January 21st, 2017, 07:05 PM
I will be trying this year after a couple of years of not trying. I don't post my address, so if anyone wants it, please just pm me.

I am planning to start with letters to relatives and friends and if I stretch those terms far enough they may get me all the way through the month...

*heads out to Harbor Freight for a term-stretcher...*

Morgaine
January 22nd, 2017, 02:09 AM
Removing myself from the 2017 list. Address changes afoot in February and will be living in a caravan until summer. I'll only be communicating with current pen pals.

Did you see the form question "when my address changes, I'd like to let people know by re-filling this form" or you could contact Bruce!?

VertOlive
January 22nd, 2017, 02:50 PM

Did you see the form question "when my address changes, I'd like to let people know by re-filling this form" or you could contact Bruce!?

The issue is that I will be completely mobile for several months without an address as such. I didn't see a way to contact Bruce, but left a reply to my own posting.

Morgaine
January 27th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Looks like it is now sorted, VO!

measi
February 1st, 2017, 07:53 AM
Hi all-

I'm participating again this year, but focusing on responding to letters from years past. Sorry I wasn't able to get a spreadsheet going like I did last year... looks like there might be a better alternative now, though! If you are looking for folks to write to, my inbox is always open - it just may take me a while to respond.

If I owe you a letter, please drop me a PM so I make sure it didn't get lost somewhere. I think I've kept things pretty well together, but 2016 was an emotionally difficult year of family loss. Things have been a bit scattered.

Morgaine
February 1st, 2017, 09:24 AM
You probably owe me a letter, but no rush. Hugs!

February is here! YAY!

Morgaine
February 1st, 2017, 02:08 PM
Wow, over 300 have signed up on Bruce's site!

Chrissy
February 1st, 2017, 03:02 PM
I've written my first letter today, but I haven't posted it yet. On the other hand it won't take long to get to Wales. :) :bounce:

writingrav
February 1st, 2017, 03:06 PM
Wrote and posted 2 today. Mine will take longer to get to Wales😉

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Morgaine
February 1st, 2017, 03:51 PM
I received one from the US postmarked 29th Jan!

writingrav
February 1st, 2017, 03:57 PM
I received one from the US postmarked 29th Jan!
Doesn't count![emoji3]

jbb
February 1st, 2017, 05:13 PM
I'm exceptionally excited about InCoWriMo this year!!! One sent and the second started. :)

kandm25
February 1st, 2017, 08:57 PM
Just to clarify...charities are interested in stamps that have been franked? I just assumed the interest was in clean stamps.
Thanks!

Morgaine
February 2nd, 2017, 03:12 AM
Just to clarify...charities are interested in stamps that have been franked? I just assumed the interest was in clean stamps.
Thanks!

Yes, they are interested in used stamps, these then get sold in bulk to dealers who then sell them to collectors.

45ist
February 2nd, 2017, 04:39 AM
In the UK, the RNIB - Royal National Institute of Blind People collect used stamps

RNIB Stamp Recycling
PO Box 185
Benfleet
SS7 9BH

Vemmy
February 2nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
so....I totally signed up for 2014 by accident haha....lets try this again...I am now signed up for the book!

Morgaine
February 2nd, 2017, 10:51 AM
UK has plenty of charities to choose from for your stamp donations -http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/18781-Unwanted-stamps-charities-want-them but I'm struggling to find the same sort of charities (medical, children's, animals', humanitarian) in the US. Oxfam in the UK and even Canada take stamps but not listed on their US site.

Pharmasweaves
February 2nd, 2017, 06:19 PM
Wow, over 300 have signed up on Bruce's site!
Yeah, I printed the list before I realized it was 17 pages...

earthdawn
February 2nd, 2017, 08:30 PM
Just a random post in support of a great month!

ThriveToScribe
February 3rd, 2017, 03:48 AM
In the UK, the RNIB - Royal National Institute of Blind People collect used stamps

RNIB Stamp Recycling
PO Box 185
Benfleet
SS7 9BH

Do they collect only used UK stamps? I have a few from my family over in the UK which I'll be glad to send to them. Thanks.

Therese

Morgaine
February 3rd, 2017, 09:45 AM
Yes - oops, I meant UK and worldwide, although some charities prefer the worldwide kept separate from the domestic stamps.

FredRydr
February 5th, 2017, 04:09 AM
I'd participate if the website kept full names and addresses from general view, more like Postcrossing.

Fred

grainweevil
February 5th, 2017, 04:45 AM
I seem to have accidentally fallen into doing this sort of unofficially, which is rather a tricky challenge for someone who thinks hermits are a bit too outgoing! Any UK geeks who fancy an FP-centric missive with no expectation of reply? Feel free to PM me your address and I'll tell you next to nothing about myself...

Morgaine
February 5th, 2017, 12:23 PM

RNIB Stamp Recycling
PO Box 185
Benfleet
SS7 9BH

Do they collect only used UK stamps? I have a few from my family over in the UK which I'll be glad to send to them. Thanks.

Therese

They collect used stamps from around the world - although some charities like the UK to be packaged separate to the worldwide stamps.

Morgaine
February 7th, 2017, 10:34 AM
A thought - if you have signed up for InCoWriMo in past years, and have commented in this forum or on the official site through Disqus, you might want to check your address is still correct or even want to delete it.

Pharmasweaves
February 7th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Oh Lord... I just found out I'm on the short-list that just went out today haha. RIP my mailbox.

Vespagirl
February 7th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Oh Lord... I just found out I'm on the short-list that just went out today haha. RIP my mailbox.

What is the short list? Or did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldstoat
February 8th, 2017, 08:24 AM

Royal Mail large letter postage...

Morgaine
February 8th, 2017, 01:14 PM
The Shortlist! - am on it too!

sgtstretch
February 8th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Hey, I'm on it also. How were people selected to be on the short list?

Edit: Maybe I should finish reading first. "this page featured the names and addresses of the first 28 people to sign-up for this years event"

writingrav
February 8th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Shucks, I missed being on it.

Morgaine
February 8th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Hey, I'm on it also. How were people selected to be on the short list?

Edit: Maybe I should finish reading first. "this page featured the names and addresses of the first 28 people to sign-up for this years event"

That was the first list. This week, a new list has been "randomly" generated.

Vespagirl
February 9th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Whoa I'm there too! [emoji44]

Morgaine
February 10th, 2017, 01:43 PM
I had another surprise letter today :D I wonder if any will come tomorrow. Exciting!

Nomdeplume
February 10th, 2017, 02:00 PM
You were on the FIRST Short List...it is now randomly selected each week for the duration.

writingrav
February 10th, 2017, 03:05 PM
As of today, since February 1st I have received 16 letters and sent 29. Wahoo!

Chrissy
February 11th, 2017, 01:09 AM

Wow! That's impressive. :applause: You put me to shame :)

grainweevil
February 11th, 2017, 03:46 AM

:jaw:

And here was I feeling mildly chuffed that I'd actually managed eleven in eleven days (and looking at the remaining seventeen with a certain degree of panic!) I am suitably chastened. :cry:

Morgaine
February 11th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Received 5 InCo-17, 14 other missives (including some started through InCoWriMo in past years). Out went 7 surprises + 1 InCo-17 reply, and 13 other replies.
19 in, 21 out.

Pharmasweaves
February 11th, 2017, 06:47 AM
5 out, and 7 sitting on my desk because I can't seem to get my #$$ out the door before the mailman comes for the day.

Morgaine
February 12th, 2017, 06:53 PM
I have 6 letters written ready for putting stamps on in the morning. Was hoping to write one more but I was slow getting my writing mojo going today.

Silverbreeze
February 12th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Is it bad that for some people I have written so often I have to look up there usernames when browsing here

Morgaine
February 16th, 2017, 05:14 PM
The shortlist has changed!!!! Not on it now, but ... at least one in this thread is!

DaveBj
February 17th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Do taxes count as an InCoWriMo item? I filled out the forms with a FP, and sent them by snail mail.

Silverbreeze
February 17th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Do taxes count as an InCoWriMo item? I filled out the forms with a FP, and sent them by snail mail.

I think you are nuts for manually doing them

But yes they count

DaveBj
February 17th, 2017, 12:06 PM

I think you are nuts for manually doing them

But yes they count

:D

Mine are pretty straight-forward. Half of the hassle was that stupid table for figuring out how much of our SS is taxable.

Silverbreeze
February 17th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Still your poor eyes

Ted A
February 17th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Once, when I was in high school, my income tax return was a postcard. My recollection is it was 4 boxes to be filled in.

Lady Onogaro
February 17th, 2017, 03:43 PM
I was planning on participating and started writing letters, but then my husband had to have a pacemaker put in (surprise, surprise!), and that completely derailed my Incowrimo. But hey, I do still have the husband!

Silverbreeze
February 20th, 2017, 12:20 PM
So I sent a note to Mr. Lambert
Have received a surprise note back from the N.A office with 2 LE inks (JFK, Golden Yellow) and a Toffee Brown. Actual bottles

Has anyone else gotten a surprise reply to a incowrimo note from a organization???

Now I am curious [emoji56]

Chrissy
February 20th, 2017, 03:13 PM
So I sent a note to Mr. Lambert
Have received a surprise note back from the N.A office with 2 LE inks (JFK, Golden Yellow) and a Toffee Brown. Actual bottles

Has anyone else gotten a surprise reply to a incowrimo note from a organization???

Now I am curious [emoji56]

Wow! No I've never received a surprise reply like that. Well done you. :applause:

writingrav
February 20th, 2017, 04:53 PM
I was planning on participating and started writing letters, but then my husband had to have a pacemaker put in (surprise, surprise!), and that completely derailed my Incowrimo. But hey, I do still have the husband!
So sorry to hear. I hope he is doing ok.

Lady Onogaro
February 20th, 2017, 07:43 PM
So sorry to hear. I hope he is doing ok.

He is doing fine. I've written you a letter giving all the gory details. :)

VertOlive
February 23rd, 2017, 05:40 PM
On another note--I just bought the new JFK stamps at the post office today. I had no idea they were being offered.

ChristyOTwisty
March 5th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I want to thank publicly the InCoWriMo 2017 participants who kept my address for writing this year! I've thanked them in snailmail too, but one hasn't yet received it as I've just dropped it in a mailbox for Monday morning pickup. I plan to fully participate in InCoWriMo 2018 if it happens!

Sent out 54 letters and four postcards, surpassing 2016's output of 44 pieces of handwritten mail. Didn't truly engage in InCoWriMo as my goal was to work on a backlog of 23 letters from one steadfast penthusiast correspondent, and I managed to reduce it by... three.

Morgaine
March 5th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Something should happen in 2018, but where.... we'll have to wait and see. I do hope I will know the details by the end of the year.

southpaw52
March 5th, 2017, 04:48 PM
I had a very successful and great time with InCoWriMo, this year. I managed to mail 52 letters (some were postcards too.).

writingrav
March 5th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I ntoi had a fun Incowrimo. I received 60 letters and sent out 80. I'm going to miss it.

DaveBj
March 6th, 2017, 07:33 AM
I don't know how many letters I received, but I sent out 30 and made several new friends.

grainweevil
March 6th, 2017, 07:55 AM
As a newbie and generally far from out-going weevil, I managed 28/28. Not very impressive amongst you avid correspondents, and I may have leaned heavily upon the postcard as means of communiqué, but as I haven't written to a pen pal in thirty years since I was forced to inflict my atrocious French on some equally unwilling fille française I consider it a success. Not least because of the positive, albeit not necessarily written, responses I've got from non-participants.

Chrissy
March 6th, 2017, 08:15 AM
I didn't have that many letters to reply to or write during February, but boy have they flooded in after the 28th! Now I'm behind again! :facepalm:

Silverbreeze
March 6th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Wow Robert Oster wrote me a note back

hansdown
March 6th, 2017, 10:59 AM

That's pretty cool!

Silverbreeze
March 6th, 2017, 11:01 AM

That's pretty cool!

Considering how busy he has to be... WOW

hansdown
March 6th, 2017, 11:03 AM

That's pretty cool!

Considering how busy he has to be... WOW

And by the way thanks for the note and I like your InCoWriMo cards, they are nicely designed.

Silverbreeze
March 6th, 2017, 11:07 AM
My desk printer did things to them but as they are ink blots in odd places

I used even the blotted ones it fits fpgeeks somehow

ChristyOTwisty
March 6th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Al Jaffee (Humbug, MAD Magazine, and other magazines) wrote me back: one autograph for me, one for a friend which I mailed within an hour of receipt, and a brief note about celebrating Arnold Roth's birthday. A very good mail day!

Silverbreeze
March 6th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Al Jaffee (Humbug, MAD Magazine, and other magazines) wrote me back: one autograph for me, one for a friend which I mailed within an hour of receipt, and a brief note about celebrating Arnold Roth's birthday. A very good mail day!

Coolbeans