PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Aurora Afrika Medium Nib - Relisted with price drop and new photos

Alchemist
October 30th, 2016, 09:50 AM
For sale is an Aurora Afrika LE with medium 18K gold nib, which was recently tuned by Dan Smith. This is one of the Aurora Continents series, based on the top of the line Aurora Optima. This pen is number 2888 of a limited edition of 7500. I bought it from another FPGeek, and it has seen very little use. The pen comes with box, papers, and an unopened bottle of Aurora ink.

The Afrika has a beautifully chatoyant swirled yellow/orange/brown resin body with matte black resin top cap, piston turning knob, and section. The finial is topped with a black polished onyx cabochon. The trim is gold plated, and the cap band is deeply engraved with two different tribal shield designs. The clip is engraved with a silhouette of the content of Africa.

This is a very comfortable pen to write with. The section is long and relatively girthy, and the threads are flat and smooth and sit far up on the section. The lovely 18K medium nib, which was recently tuned by Dan Smith, is a fairly wet and smooth writer (with just a little bit of the Aurora toothiness), a little on the narrow side for a western medium. This piston-filler holds 1.1 mL of ink, and features Aurora's "reserve tank" that allows one to write an additional page or two after the pen initially runs out of ink.

I'm asking $380 (or make me an offer) shipped in CONUS. International shipping is available at extra cost. Paypal payment preferred. I will include a hand-made (by me) Horween leather pen sheath with the pen. If interested, please PM me or email geocom13@gmail.com (also my Paypal address). Additional photos are available in my public albums.

Open to trades for pens of similar value, preferably Aurora (medium nib) or Visconti (fine nib).

Thanks for looking.

Alchemist
November 3rd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Another price drop.

Alchemist
November 5th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Make me an offer.

Alchemist
November 11th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Price dropped again

Alchemist
November 18th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Price reduced again. This is really a lovely pen and a fine writer.

Monkey
November 20th, 2016, 12:22 PM
You kill me with this every time I see it! I want it so bad, but totally cannot spend so much, lol.

Alchemist
November 20th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Glad that you like it. Sorry, but I can't do much better on the price - this is already less than I paid for it. If you think we could work something out (e.g. a trade or partial trade) let me know.

Best,
Alchemist

Monkey
November 20th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Oh no I understand that, don't worry! I just make grabby hands every time I see it. ;)