PDA

View Full Version : Learning about Stock OBB and Grinded OB nibs

Francisco_S
November 2nd, 2016, 06:55 PM
Hi Fellows!

This week I received a stock M400 OBB nib from the 90's and a John Mottishaw m600 B nib grinded to a OB crispy formal italic!

Took me a couple of hours to figure out the sweet spot of the OBB and I still am trying to scratch the OB less than at every stroke, but I decided to share a bit of both with you guys!

Just pardon the poor picture...

Cheers!

BayesianPrior
November 3rd, 2016, 03:16 AM
Nice! I personally prefer the result of the OB CI. For the lack of another word, it looks crisper and more put-together. Ceteris paribus, I'd be more likely to respond to something written using that nib.

Francisco_S
November 3rd, 2016, 05:44 AM
Thanks BayesianPrior!

Most indeed! The OB Italic one looks great! Gotta say, though, I like the whole lot of ink flowing out of the OBB!

In any case, I woke up this morning and remembered I have a M200 Italic steel nib and a M800 Italic Broad nib, so I decided to bring the Flock out of its cases and gave it some tests!

They all look great, and I even made a small comparisson among the four pens in the right bottom of the page...

I was thinking on the m400 brown tortoise IB, but it way too expensive and I can't see the difference between it and the M800 IB.

Hope this helps, once again, sorry for the not top notch pictures!