PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Lamy 2000M (stainless steel model) USER

fountainpenkid
November 3rd, 2016, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

Up for sale is a very worn 'user' pen. Scratches, dings, a worn clip, a repaired piston mechanism (that now has a slightly larger gap w/ barrel) that's currently missing the last 1.5mm or so of the piston rod (doesn't really affect function, but could be glued back on to improve feel). To its credit, the thing still looks and feels awesome. Oh, and the fine nib was dropped and bent--I've adjusted it some, and it writes o.k again (no hard starts, skipping, not scratchy etc. etc) , but there's a visible kink that should probably be dealt with (nothing a half-experienced nib repairmen couldn't deal with). In short, it's totally usable, quite reliable, but could use some TLC. Lamy USA has told me the cost of replacing the piston mechanism and filling knob is $25. I'm listing this for $85 shipped to the US. Comes box, cloth and papers. If you're interested or have questions, send me an email at dabantur@gmail.com

Thanks!

fountainpenkid
November 4th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Bump for pics!

fountainpenkid
November 6th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Bump! Reduced to $100 shipped CONUS

fountainpenkid
November 6th, 2016, 07:36 PM
O.K. It seems I've been too optimistic. Now $85 shipped. This is in used makrolon 2000 territory.

Drummergeorge
November 6th, 2016, 07:41 PM
How does the nib write? It looks bent.

fountainpenkid
November 6th, 2016, 08:15 PM
How does the nib write? It looks bent.

It writes o.k--no performance issues (other than a strong sweet spot) and not super toothy or anything, but, as you point out, there is a bend in it, which can be corrected with relative ease. There's a writing sample above.

fountainpenkid
November 8th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Retracted.