PDA

View Full Version : Want to find a converter for the Online Switch Plus

J_Martinios
November 6th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Greetings everyone,

I have an Online Switch Plus (http://www.online-pen.de/shop/switch-plus) that I got before I really got involved in the fountain pen world, and while it's a cheap pen, I'd still like to be able to write with it, but with a converter so i can use any ink I want. I have written my whole life with Pelikan Royal fckign Blue and I am thoroughly done with that colour, so I don't want to use my remaining cartridges. I have been using the long cartridges because they have more ink, but this gave a problem. the inside of the barrel gets rather narrow so the cartridge would get stuck at the back and then loosen so that's kind of a problem. And the standard international converter I got for it won't fit at all into the barrel. So I would like to ask if anyone knows of a small cartridge converter, or has experience with this pen and using converters. Any tips would be appreciated.

Salutations.

Pterodactylus
November 6th, 2016, 10:34 AM
It depends how much too long or too narrow the converter is.
E.g. I cut the end (more narrow and slightly shorter) of a Pelikan converter to fit in a Montblanc Noblesse (which has a really narrow barrel).
So if it is not too far away you might be able to trim your converter also.

J_Martinios
November 6th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I had also asked this question in my introduction, and people have given me a few options. Kaweco for example has small sized converters apparently.

Monkey
November 6th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Indeed, even 2 models. There's a small piston, which the piston part that sticks out is narrower than usual, and the thing itself is shorter than average, and there's also a mini squeeze one, which I have no personal experience with but it also fits in the Sport models, so I think it should certainly fit in the pen you've got.