PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Dark Lilac Ink! 150 mL - choose your own volume

creeder14
November 6th, 2016, 11:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2qEao6i.jpg
http://imgur.com/a/ayTZY

Lamy Dark Lilac ink for sale. I have cartridges and 150 mL of ink. I can send you samples in Goulet-style vials, or you can buy in larger quantities, up to the whole 150 mL (that's three bottles worth). Price may vary depending on how much you buy, so PM me with how much you want, and I'll quote you a price!

Thanks, have a great day!

(Writing sample done with Lamy medium stainless steel nib)

datainadequate
November 7th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Where in the world are you? Because international shipping rates :cry:

creeder14
November 7th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I'm in the US, sorry if my profile doesn't say that. I'll go edit it!

Anyway, it'd cost about $22.50 to ship it to you via USPS (Postal Service), like $80 something to do it via FedEX, and about the same to do it with UPS. Of course, that's all according to their infinitely confusing websites. I've never had good luck with estimating rates online.

How much would you want, and what would you be willing to pay? If we can figure out shipping, that is

datainadequate
November 8th, 2016, 03:38 AM

Anyway, it'd cost about $22.50 to ship it to you via USPS (Postal Service), like $80 something to do it via FedEX, and about the same to do it with UPS. Of course, that's all according to their infinitely confusing websites. I've never had good luck with estimating rates online.

How much would you want, and what would you be willing to pay? If we can figure out shipping, that is

Thanks for checking that out. Sadly I think that the postage cost rules this out for me. Hopefully you will find someone in the CONUS who needs Dark Lilac.

Chrissy
November 8th, 2016, 03:47 AM

Thanks for checking that out. Sadly I think that the postage cost rules this out for me. Hopefully you will find someone in the CONUS who needs Dark Lilac.
PM sent.

migo984
November 8th, 2016, 04:28 AM

All may not be lost, as it seems likely that, following customer demand, Lamy will be releasing future LE inks in bottles in Europe from 2017, and that, in addition, it will include Dark Lilac, which will be on sale again next year.

Monkey
November 8th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Where did you see that Dark Lilac would be included? I've seen one mini-article about the bottles, but it didn't mention specifics like that.

migo984
November 8th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Where did you see that Dark Lilac would be included? I've seen one mini-article about the bottles, but it didn't mention specifics like that.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/314900-lamy-dark-lilac-ink-definitely-available-again-in-2017/

Agree it may be slightly ambiguous about the re-release of Dark Lilac, but it's good to think positive right?:)

I have no strong view as I bought my bottles early, from Sweden.

creeder14
November 8th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Hopefully it will be, but ya never know! May or may not be released, may or may not ACTUALLY be the same ink if it comes out. Might get reformulated

grainweevil
November 8th, 2016, 02:58 PM

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/314900-lamy-dark-lilac-ink-definitely-available-again-in-2017/

Agree it may be slightly ambiguous about the re-release of Dark Lilac, but it's good to think positive right?:)

Good for you; you've got yours. Personally I think it's downright irresponsible to spread this one, wholly unsubstantiated, rumour around and get people's hopes up.

Monkey
November 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Yeah I have no particular interest in that ink (looks nice, but no better than various other purples, and I'm happy with R&K's Cassia, personally), but do have interest in factual info. Nothing at all wrong with hoping, but spreading around that it will be happening isn't a great thing to do, with no info to back it up.

datainadequate
November 8th, 2016, 04:33 PM

Well I didn't even know there was a petition or anything, so this is good to know, even if it is just for future LEs. Thanks migo984.

migo984
November 8th, 2016, 07:04 PM

Good for you; you've got yours. Personally I think it's downright irresponsible to spread this one, wholly unsubstantiated, rumour around and get people's hopes up.

Yeah I have no particular interest in that ink (looks nice, but no better than various other purples, and I'm happy with R&K's Cassia, personally), but do have interest in factual info. Nothing at all wrong with hoping, but spreading around that it will be happening isn't a great thing to do, with no info to back it up.

Woah - lighten up folks! "Downright irresponsible" - is ink right, not US Presidential predictions? :crazy_pilot:

Monkey
November 9th, 2016, 03:10 AM
...I said it isn't a great thing to do. You literally quoted that. *sigh* Gotta love the internet.

migo984
November 9th, 2016, 03:19 AM
...I said it isn't a great thing to do. You literally quoted that. *sigh* Gotta love the internet.

Well, there are certainly things that put me right off it *sigh*

creeder14
November 9th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Hey, guys, fight somewhere else! I'm just trying to sell my ink! :D :D

I agree it'd be pretty awesome if Dark Lilac were reissued (I mean, aside from losing money on what I've already payed a premium for), but there's exactly zero guarantee. Companies are weird with ink sometimes. You'd think that Parker would be selling Penman Sapphire for $50 a bottle with how coveted it is, and they could do it! But they don't at all, which is very strange to me. Same with Sheaffer King's Script Gold. I don't get why companies don't continue to sell stuff that people love. Doesn't make THEM any money to have products that are popular on the secondhand market, so why not sell them retail?

But, I don't think I'll ever understand some things. Maybe the ink will come out again, maybe it won't. Regardless, you should buy MY ink because you don't KNOW if it will come out retail again, and just cuz I'm a real nice guy and I'll send you something special along with it! :) :)

migo984
November 9th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Hey, guys, fight somewhere else! I'm just trying to sell my ink! :D :D

If you think that's a fight you ought to see some of the belligerent posts by others on here at times LOL :)

I mentioned that I bought my bottles from Sweden because it seems weird that it was available there. It is, after all, a European country. Lamy can be strangely inconsistent, and as you say, who knows what they'll decide to do in future?

It's sad that you had to pay a premium price for your ink. Hopefully you'll recoup some of your expenditure.

creeder14
November 9th, 2016, 04:00 PM
I hope so. I thought I got it for a real bargain, but then RIGHT as I was listing it, the news that Lamy might be selling limited editions again in the future came out. I thought I got the deal of the century... Not so much. Just bad luck on my part, ya know? It happens. I'll probably be able to make back my money, but I won't make the profit I thought I would.

Thanks for the kindness, Migo! :)