PDA

View Full Version : Delta Momo Design Limited Edition Fountain

Liquid360
November 9th, 2016, 03:34 PM
I came across this pen online. I have no place locally where I can handle one and therefore must do my research online. I am captivated by this pens construction, materials, and I ❤️ oversized pens. So my question is what are your thoughts, pro or con? If you've used one, what's it like to write with? I've already done all the online research I can and watched the review videos.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161109/ad73b0238a65120c7f96b5895a0b5e02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertjwarren
November 9th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I don't know anything about But I wonder if a Momo pen help you write faster?

RocketRyan
November 10th, 2016, 12:52 PM
First time I've ever seen one, gorgeous.

Liquid360
November 10th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Check it out on video! So slick!
https://youtu.be/lwe7E0TQ1fI

Fenton1995
January 7th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Hello, I have one, stub, and it is wonderful, one of the best I have, very well balanced, not too heavy, and gorgeous.

Voilà mon feedback, hope it will be useful,

Best

Bogon07
January 15th, 2017, 11:30 PM
I have a Chatterley version "the Blue Treasure in resin" with a fusion stub. One of the best writers I have. It is sold out but some of the others are very nice looking too and there are also celluloid ones as well.
https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/delta-chatterley-stantuffo-star-cage-resin-piston-filled-limited-edition-fountain-pen/

Babangita
April 13th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I've had one for about a month. Just for the usual tryout switch with a friend. Impressive pen for sure but honestly, it didn't do much for at the time.
I clearly remember being quite annoyed by the fact that when posted (although it is ridiculously big when posted) the clip did not align with the nib.
Please, I surely don't have any intention of opening the usual debate about it. I know for sure that for many this is just something to be disregarded, but for me, especially when it is about pens of certain price it is clearly a lack of attention to details that one should expect.
The same goes for the "captive converter" as some sellers call it, or built in converter to be more precise. Either it is piston filler, and the whole fp users world knows what that is or it isn't. And again, for the price imho, it should or at least could be.
I also remember that there was something besides this that bothered me but I cannot remember now what was is exactly...

Unfortunately, I must admit that this or other issues happened to me with almost every other modern Delta pen I've owned... and only in this moment I have at least 10.
Well, I like the pens and the performance but I'm just one of those that don't have much of an opinion about their QC!
I've actually decided that I will be getting rid of most of them. For now being I know that I'll be keeping the celluloid version of the Fusion One model (I love it - on that one I had to glue the ring on the pen body just behind the threads and I have 1:3 chances of aligning the inscription with the clip when closing it grrrr!), a few of many old models with metal nibs (wow! those are really something special), a silver and grey Papillon (got several at the time) and the Astra in green ebonite (had to re-sack which is ok, now is fine but I also had to polish the pen soon after purchase - guess it wasn't prepared or done well enough at the factory).

Anyhow, sorry for drifting away a bit from the main subject, figured it may important to take in consideration - it is for sure a gorgeous pen, quite big and substantial pen, and an attention catcher for sure besides being well balanced, but beware of potential QC issues and problems.
All of this, if you hadn't purchased one by now!

Liquid360
September 8th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I ended up going with a Dupont Olympio instead [emoji4] best decision I’ve made.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/8fc35157e011974d3589d53c0939d37b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/73a14ed698fb81a8c6db536bc1944347.jpg

I've had one for about a month. Just for the usual tryout switch with a friend. Impressive pen for sure but honestly, it didn't do much for at the time.
I clearly remember being quite annoyed by the fact that when posted (although it is ridiculously big when posted) the clip did not align with the nib.
Please, I surely don't have any intention of opening the usual debate about it. I know for sure that for many this is just something to be disregarded, but for me, especially when it is about pens of certain price it is clearly a lack of attention to details that one should expect.
The same goes for the "captive converter" as some sellers call it, or built in converter to be more precise. Either it is piston filler, and the whole fp users world knows what that is or it isn't. And again, for the price imho, it should or at least could be.
I also remember that there was something besides this that bothered me but I cannot remember now what was is exactly...

Unfortunately, I must admit that this or other issues happened to me with almost every other modern Delta pen I've owned... and only in this moment I have at least 10.
Well, I like the pens and the performance but I'm just one of those that don't have much of an opinion about their QC!
I've actually decided that I will be getting rid of most of them. For now being I know that I'll be keeping the celluloid version of the Fusion One model (I love it - on that one I had to glue the ring on the pen body just behind the threads and I have 1:3 chances of aligning the inscription with the clip when closing it grrrr!), a few of many old models with metal nibs (wow! those are really something special), a silver and grey Papillon (got several at the time) and the Astra in green ebonite (had to re-sack which is ok, now is fine but I also had to polish the pen soon after purchase - guess it wasn't prepared or done well enough at the factory).

Anyhow, sorry for drifting away a bit from the main subject, figured it may important to take in consideration - it is for sure a gorgeous pen, quite big and substantial pen, and an attention catcher for sure besides being well balanced, but beware of potential QC issues and problems.
All of this, if you hadn't purchased one by now!