PDA

View Full Version : InCo Pen Pals for the rest of the year

Pages : 1 [2]

caribbean_skye
March 4th, 2014, 05:17 AM
I personally love long letters!

I love to write letters and will write and continue to write to all who write me. But be warned, my letters have been known to get a bit long.

Todd Toulouse
736 River Edge Court
Flushing, MI 48433
USA

Crazyorange
March 4th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I would love a pen pal.
I'm an acupuncturist. Dog lover - 3 dogs. Goldfish lover - 5 goldfish in a 120 gallon planted tank. Love TV and movies. Enjoy nature and wild life.

Samantha Jacobs
175 shore drive
Brewster, ny 10509

mtnbiker62
March 4th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm definitely down with long-term penpals. I'm a 51 year old liberalUtahMormoncomputergeekmountainbiker who is just getting into fountain pens. If you want to correspond, PM me, and we can exchange addresses.

Randy
mtnbiker62

ceramic_pizza
March 4th, 2014, 09:48 PM
all year penpal's would be great. Though please remember that if you are reading this after may 2014 my address will have changed.

Stephanie Tan
box 231 Rowan University
200 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028

checkrail
March 5th, 2014, 05:53 AM
My first year taking part and it has been good fun. I am certainly happy to keep writing:
Timothy Birrell
22 Sherwood Crescent
LOCKERBIE
Dumfriesshire
DG11 2DY
Great Britain

SusanDW
March 5th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Yes, I'm in. Thoroughly enjoyed my first InCoWriMo this year, and keen to keep the momentum going (well, maybe not 'full-steam' but certainly 'keep going'. Looking forward to hearing from any of you who'd like to get in touch.

Susan Wilson
26 Ferguson Place
Burntisland
Fife KY3 9ER
Scotland, U.K.

pico
March 5th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I loved my first InCoWriMo! I would love to continue receiving letters from anyone anywhere. In the evening I will make a hot cup of coffee or tea and sit at my desk with one of my dogs on a pillow at my feet (the little one may be in my lap) and write replies. A relaxing experience away from the sounds, sights and bother of all the technology around me. A wonderful way to spend an evening.

Joe Cygan
19427 Encino Summit
San Antonio, TX 78259

Winnie
March 6th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Since today is the first day I am posting here, I was sad to see I missed the Feb. letter exchange. I would love to take part and share letters and postcards!

Winnie Dolderer
1531 Baldwin Blvd
Bay Shore, NY 11706

Look forward to hearing from you!

inlovewithjournals
March 6th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Winnie I will put you on my list. :)

Winnie
March 6th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Thank you!!

tiffanyhenschel
March 6th, 2014, 08:32 PM
I will write to you, too. Welcome!

lukefalk
March 7th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I had a lot of fun. It was nice getting to know people from all over. I'm still up for writing, although the pace will be a bit slower.

Luke Falk
3 Telemark Rd.
Rockaway, NJ
USA

jfsisler
March 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Anyone who wants to write can find me here:

Jennie Sisler
34 River Road #113
Sunderland MA 01375

I promise to answer any and all mail I get:)

TerraNoir
March 8th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I shall be sending letters to everyone that has included their address this year! :D

bec11mort
March 8th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Sadly I'm too late for February, but I'd love to exchange postcards/letters etc. with anyone!

I'm located at:
Rebecca Mortensen
521 Fort Johnson Rd
Charleston, SC 29412
United States

Edited to update address (I moved!)

Emma
March 8th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Oh no! I missed it as well. I would love any type of correspondence with anyone willing. :) I go to art school so you may expect some artsy things!

Emily Cayford
120 McMechen St.
SH- Apt. 306B
Baltimore, MD 21217
USA

JustKyle2711
March 10th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Hi there everyone!
I've introduced myself in the new members topic, and would love to receive (and send) some letters!
My address is a mouthful, but here goes...

Postnet Suite #177
Private Bag X43
Sunninghill
Johannesburg
South Africa

Justin

emraher
March 10th, 2014, 09:14 PM
I didn't participate in InCoWriMo but I received 2 letters. I really liked receiving letters and want to receive more of them. If anyone interested here's my info.

Emrah Er
Kansas State University
342 Waters Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506
USA

Lady Onogaro
March 15th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I love to receive mail, and per the suggestion by Type40, I am posting my info here:

Denise Rogers
204 Raintree Trail
Lafayette, LA 70507

I am a voracious reader of historical novels (particularly mysteries) and literature in almost any genre.

Winnie
March 16th, 2014, 08:35 PM
I will be dropping you a note this week Denise!

Lady Onogaro
March 17th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I will be dropping you a note this week Denise!

Back at you, Winnie! :bounce:

Dad Of Sapling
March 17th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Hi there everyone!
I've introduced myself in the new members topic, and would love to receive (and send) some letters!
My address is a mouthful, but here goes...

Postnet Suite #177
Private Bag X43
Sunninghill
Johannesburg
South Africa

Justin

One heading your way today.

Tuppergal.Victoria
March 17th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Love that there are some new names to add to my list. Better get the pen and paper out.

manuel1094
March 17th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I'd love to receive more letters and have more pen-pals. I'll reply to everything.

Manuel Arreaza
Urb. El Placer, Calle Sur 6, Qta. Cantaclaro
1080 Caracas
Venezuela

KrazyIvan
April 6th, 2014, 07:37 AM
[ADDRESS REMOVED]

My address has changed. Please contact me via PM for the new address. If I still owe you a reply, you will get my new address in the mail.

jackwebb
April 6th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Just found this today! I missed InCo in Feb, but would love to get in on this. I am concerned about my ability to keep up with high volumes if I post my address, so I will start (slowly) by sending to people who have left addresses here. If you would like my address PM me and I will gladly give it.
Joe

Toulouse
April 7th, 2014, 07:36 AM
[ADDRESS REMOVED]

My address has changed. Please contact me via PM for the new address. If I still owe you a reply, you will get my new address in the mail.

Staying one jump ahead of the law are we Ivan....
:)

sharmon202
April 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM
My first year and I enjoyed both sending and receiving. It is still a bit odd for me, writing someone I do not know, just not very extroverted. I like it but takes some getting used to that makes any sense to anyone.
Any kind of written correspondence is fine, let me know what is your preference.
Thanks,
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St
Hutchinson, KS 67502

tiffanyhenschel
April 7th, 2014, 11:14 AM
My first year and I enjoyed both sending and receiving. It is still a bit odd for me, writing someone I do not know, just not very extroverted. I like it but takes some getting used to that makes any sense to anyone.
Any kind of written correspondence is fine, let me know what is your preference.
Thanks,
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St
Hutchinson, KS 67502

Sandy, I am definitely introverted in real life. I have been pen palling for three years now, and a new connection still usually feels awkward. Just keep writing back, and one day that person will feel like a friend. For some of my pals it happened with the first couple of letters, and for others it took a while.

I will send you a letter this week.

Lady Onogaro
April 7th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks,
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St
Hutchinson, KS 67502

Sandy, I am definitely introverted in real life. I have been pen palling for three years now, and a new connection still usually feels awkward. Just keep writing back, and one day that person will feel like a friend. For some of my pals it happened with the first couple of letters, and for others it took a while.

I will send you a letter this week.

Tiffany is a great correspondent, Sandy. She sounds quite friendly right off the bat, so that makes responding to her easy. It's as if you have been friends for years.

KrazyIvan
April 7th, 2014, 04:22 PM
[ADDRESS REMOVED]

Staying one jump ahead of the law are we Ivan....
:)

I am trying to keep the Death Star address under wraps. You know, rebels and all. :p

Brisboy
April 7th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I am cautiously keen (mostly because I'm not sure how quickly I can respond, but hoping I enjoy it). I would welcome short correspondence and postcards.

PM me for an address please. :)

Edit: I think I might start by writing so will pick an address from here shortly.

VertOlive
April 7th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Since today is the first day I am posting here, I was sad to see I missed the Feb. letter exchange. I would love to take part and share letters and postcards. Look forward to hearing from you!

One on the way!

ceramic_pizza
April 7th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Thanks,
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St
Hutchinson, KS 67502

hello, Sandy. don't worry I'm very introverted too. I'll be sending you a letter soonish,

Brisboy
April 8th, 2014, 03:21 AM
I'd love to receive more letters and have more pen-pals. I'll reply to everything.

Manuel Arreaza
1080 Caracas
Venezuela

Manuel, you will be my first.
I have no idea what I'm doing so it should be fun. Hope to get something out to you tomorrow.

AKnight
April 23rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
I'm still in too...
Anwar Knight
534 Donlands Ave.
Toronto, ON
M4J 3S8
Canada

faithdonna
April 23rd, 2014, 01:59 PM
Hello, everyone.

Tried my hand with calligraphy using markers and dip pens over a month ago. (I'm not that great, but it's fun.) Fountain pens caught my attention when I got to the point that I wanted something portable for when I felt like writing while I'm out.

I am very new to fountain pens, and found out about InCoWriMo just a couple of days ago when I checked out the photo feed of somebody who had liked my photo of an old Pelikan from my dad's stash of old pens that I had managed to clean and "revive".

I would love to receive and send out handwritten correspondence. Maybe more of short letters, and postcards. I am iffy about posting my address on here. So if anyone would like to receive correspondence from Manila, Philippines, PM me. Meanwhile, I will also pick some who have provided their addresses to start writing. :)

Brisboy
April 23rd, 2014, 06:36 PM

Manuel Arreaza
1080 Caracas
Venezuela

Manuel, you will be my first.
I have no idea what I'm doing so it should be fun. Hope to get something out to you tomorrow.

Manuel,
it's written but I haven't been able to make it to the post office yet, sorry. Hopefully in the next day or two.

DPWilkens
April 23rd, 2014, 09:21 PM
I'm still sending and receiving mail, drop me a line or two if you like. I've been messing around with different inserts, stationary and sealing wax and welcome new correspondents.
DP Wilkens
2092 Farleigh Rd
Upper Arlington, OH 43221
USA
I enjoy writing about history, geography, reading and of course pens and inks.

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Anyone want to send me anything, postcards to multiple page letters are welcome.
If someone sends something I will send a response as soon as I am able.
I have no fear of having me Address out there. As it has always been findable on the web anyhow.

Tom Suchecki
1611 Washington Blvd
Unit 5
Stamford CT 06902
USA

By the way, my birthday is May 18th, Birthday wishes are most welcome no matter when they actually get to me :)

Tom
@silverbreeze

inkyletters
May 8th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I'd love a penpal! I'm about to start a six week archaeological field school so if you'd be interested in hearing about that and are in conus then PM me. I'm an archaeology and psychology major with an obsession with writing, reading, Edgar Allan Poe, film photography, and making things. Chances are you will receive a handmade envie if we correspond. :)

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks,
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St
Hutchinson, KS 67502

I am quite introverted too, feel free to write though, I really need to practice my handwriting. I know it sounds silly :-)

caribbean_skye
May 9th, 2014, 05:29 AM
i think you will find that there are a few of us introverts here. I find it easier to start/write a letter to someone I don't know than to walk up and start a conversation with a stranger.

Silverbreeze
May 9th, 2014, 05:38 AM
i think you will find that there are a few of us introverts here. I find it easier to start/write a letter to someone I don't know than to walk up and start a conversation with a stranger.

There are days I don't want to talk at all. And my handwriting isn't that great either :-)

mtnbiker62
May 10th, 2014, 01:04 AM
I'm still here too. Especially looking for English speakers from outside the US, but I will correspond with anyone. Japanese is okay too, if you use really small words and write in Romaji or Kana...my Kanji is not so good!

Randall Payne
108 South 700 West
Tremonton, UT 84337
USA

Sailor Kenshin
May 10th, 2014, 05:00 AM
I'm still here too. Especially looking for English speakers from outside the US, but I will correspond with anyone. Japanese is okay too, if you use really small words and write in Romaji or Kana...my Kanji is not so good!

Randall Payne
108 South 700 West
Tremonton, UT 84337
USA

Masaka! Had I but known... ;-)

jokeruk
May 14th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Cracking idea that I'm up for!

I'm at (for the moment anyway - I'm moving house in the next 4-6 weeks)

Leigh Jepson
22 Brotherton Way,
Newton le Willows,
Merseyside,
WA12 9WS
Great Britain

Think I'll have to see about sending a couple off too! Will dart to the stationary shop tomorrow (well, today - it's 0456 here and I'm at work till 0600) and grab some writing paper.

Leigh

EDITED - finally updated with my new address

mtnbiker62
May 14th, 2014, 10:53 PM

Randall Payne
108 South 700 West
Tremonton, UT 84337
USA

Masaka! Had I but known... ;-)

英語 で よろしい です。

VertOlive
May 19th, 2014, 07:36 PM
I'm still sending and receiving mail, drop me a line or two if you like. I've been messing around with different inserts, stationary and sealing wax and welcome new correspondents.
DP Wilkens
2092 Farleigh Rd
Upper Arlington, OH 43221
USA
I enjoy writing about history, geography, reading and of course pens and inks.

One coming at you, envelope circa 1590...

jokeruk
May 21st, 2014, 05:32 AM
Well, received my first letter yesterday. It's such a great thing coming in from work and seeing that lovely handwritten address! Makes a real difference to your day.

Anyway, will be responding in the next couple of days :)

Brisboy
May 21st, 2014, 06:00 AM
Anyone want to send me anything, postcards to multiple page letters are welcome.
I have no fear of having me Address out there. As it has always been findable on the web anyhow.

Tom Suchecki
1611 Washington Blvd
Unit 5
Stamford CT 06902
USA

By the way, my birthday is May 18th, Birthday wishes are most welcome no matter when they actually get to me :)

Tom
@silverbreeze

One on the way Tom. :D

Silverbreeze
May 21st, 2014, 07:18 AM

Tom Suchecki
1611 Washington Blvd
Unit 5
Stamford CT 06902
USA

Tom
@silverbreeze

One on the way Tom. :D

Makes a note to get some dollar stamps then :-)

Holsworth
May 21st, 2014, 02:11 PM
I am very new to this forum but would love to start swapping letters, postcards, whatevers! I'm also going to sit down this weekend and write a couple to people on here.

If anyone would like to write to me PM for my address :-)

Holly

kataish
May 22nd, 2014, 10:42 AM
I love to write letters and will write and continue to write to all who write me. But be warned, my letters have been known to get a bit long.

A letter will be on its way to you this evening :) Just sitting down to write something right now!

Polyhistor
May 23rd, 2014, 01:12 AM
I'm game, too. Postcards and short letters, maybe some poetry ... Sounds right up your alley? PM me for my address. :)

VertOlive
May 24th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Hello, everyone.

Tried my hand with calligraphy using markers and dip pens over a month ago. (I'm not that great, but it's fun.) Fountain pens caught my attention when I got to the point that I wanted something portable for when I felt like writing while I'm out.

I am very new to fountain pens, and found out about InCoWriMo just a couple of days ago when I checked out the photo feed of somebody who had liked my photo of an old Pelikan from my dad's stash of old pens that I had managed to clean and "revive".

I would love to receive and send out handwritten correspondence. Maybe more of short letters, and postcards. I am iffy about posting my address on here. So if anyone would like to receive correspondence from Manila, Philippines, PM me. Meanwhile, I will also pick some who have provided their addresses to start writing. :)

Reply on the way!

Holsworth
May 25th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Well, received my first letter yesterday. It's such a great thing coming in from work and seeing that lovely handwritten address! Makes a real difference to your day.

Anyway, will be responding in the next couple of days :)

I've written a letter to you today, will be putting it in the post tomorrow :-)

VertOlive
May 26th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Just posted a small PIF in the forum to encourage Geek correspondence a bit...

kataish
May 27th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Hello all! I am fairly new to the FP Geeks forum, and I just wanted to poke my head in here and say hi. I have actually sent out several letters to a few people from finding addresses strewn about here... but I figured it was my turn to post mine and get mail surprises. I will respond to everyone who writes me :) More information about me on my profile... happy writing!

Kata Law, 112 Arbour Glen Cres #1201, London Ontario, N5Y 2A2, Canada

Holsworth
May 27th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Hello all! I am fairly new to the FP Geeks forum, and I just wanted to poke my head in here and say hi. I have actually sent out several letters to a few people from finding addresses strewn about here... but I figured it was my turn to post mine and get mail surprises. I will respond to everyone who writes me :) More information about me on my profile... happy writing!

Kata Law, 112 Arbour Glen Cres #1201, London Ontario, N5Y 2A2, Canada

Something will be coming your way soon. I came across this forum after finding you on Instagram via a cross stitch photo!

Type40
May 28th, 2014, 12:14 AM
via a cross stitch photo!
I wish had know this before the mail got picked up today... :)

jokeruk
May 28th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Got another letter today (thanks Holly!). That's two now that are awaiting replies.

I feel some writing will happen tonight! :)

kataish
May 28th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Something will be coming your way soon. I came across this forum after finding you on Instagram via a cross stitch photo!

Oh thats funny! Small world! I just added you on Instagram!

kataish
May 28th, 2014, 01:30 PM

Us pen-loving cross-stitchers need to stick together!

Holsworth
May 28th, 2014, 01:43 PM

Us pen-loving cross-stitchers need to stick together!

Sure do! It was a satsuma street pattern if I recall correctly :-)

kataish
May 30th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Probably the Pretty Little New York one, thats the most recent cross stitch I have finished. Working on a gift one now that I won't be able to post until after its received! I should finish that up soon and work more on the huge kit one I'm stitching that is going to take years probably haha.

inkyletters
May 31st, 2014, 09:38 AM
I have an eight hour shift today. I need more penpals. Message me your address if you want to hear about archaeology, osteology, music, books, and an unhealthy lipstick obsession.

TerraNoir
May 31st, 2014, 09:46 AM
Oh you can always share your unhealthy lipstick obsession with me! Going off to buy some new ones today.

Sailor Kenshin
May 31st, 2014, 10:27 AM
I have an eight hour shift today. I need more penpals. Message me your address if you want to hear about archaeology, osteology, music, books, and an unhealthy lipstick obsession.

There is no such thing as an unhealthy lipstick obsession unless you are eating them.

inkyletters
May 31st, 2014, 10:35 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. I got to wear lipstick instead of lip balm for the first time in weeks today since I wasn't in the field and it's glorious.

Brisboy
May 31st, 2014, 04:36 PM

You had me interested until lipstick obsession. Will pm you an address anyway and hope for the best. :D

Silverbreeze
May 31st, 2014, 04:39 PM

You had me interested until lipstick obsession. Will pm you an address anyway and hope got the best. :D

I am male and now need to ask a bunch of question in my reply.....

inkyletters
May 31st, 2014, 04:41 PM
Silverbreeze and brisboy I generally leave out the lipstick thing unless my receiptent has expressed interest in makeup/fashion. I'll just discuss my obsession with film camera instead. Deal?

Brisboy
May 31st, 2014, 04:43 PM
Deal.

Silverbreeze
May 31st, 2014, 04:45 PM
Silverbreeze and brisboy I generally leave out the lipstick thing unless my receiptent has expressed interest in makeup/fashion. I'll just discuss my obsession with film camera instead. Deal?

Lol oh I have ligit questions about that too :-)

Shimmershadow
June 5th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I can make no promises except that I'll do my best to keep up with letter frequency and make them reasonably interesting (I hope, anyway), but I do promise that if you write, I'll write back. PM me for my address. :tea:

kataish
June 9th, 2014, 07:49 PM

I wish I had a lipstick obsession. Honestly I'm going to girl out here for a minute. I CANNOT wear lipstick. It doesn't matter if its super expensive "stay on forever until you wipe it off" brands, it will not stay on my lips, EVER. Not even with primer or lipliner or anything. :(

I'm a gloss girl. But if you're still interested in writing, my address is just a few posts above yours, and my mailbox is always open to letters from anyone!

inkyletters
June 9th, 2014, 08:07 PM

I wish I had a lipstick obsession. Honestly I'm going to girl out here for a minute. I CANNOT wear lipstick. It doesn't matter if its super expensive "stay on forever until you wipe it off" brands, it will not stay on my lips, EVER. Not even with primer or lipliner or anything. :(

I'm a gloss girl. But if you're still interested in writing, my address is just a few posts above yours, and my mailbox is always open to letters from anyone!

One will go out tomorrow with some tips and tricks. As a former competitive dancer I can keep lipstick on through cheeseburgers, slurpees, and warm ups until I actually competed four hours later ;) if nothing else balm stain is a delight!

kataish
June 19th, 2014, 07:10 PM

One will go out tomorrow with some tips and tricks. As a former competitive dancer I can keep lipstick on through cheeseburgers, slurpees, and warm ups until I actually competed four hours later ;) if nothing else balm stain is a delight!

Amazing. My favourite right now is Sugar Lip Treatment, its tinted and somehow the tint in that stays on a good few hours. I'm looking forward to the tips though! My lips don't have much shape to them sadly but I'd still like to be able to have the OPTION to wear lipstick sometimes, you know?

inkyletters
June 19th, 2014, 07:15 PM
The letter was three pages, one page was just devoted to lipstick explanation. I'm quite serious about my make up ;)

VertOlive
June 21st, 2014, 07:52 AM
The letter was three pages, one page was just devoted to lipstick explanation. I'm quite serious about my make up ;)

Please copy and forward to all of us who don't know what we don't know!

Or send a Power Point! :)

Silverbreeze
June 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
:lol: begins to expound on why it takes a day to reinstall windows

faithdonna
June 22nd, 2014, 11:03 AM
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/10467871_766303506723073_5868950_n.jpg

I was cheered last Monday to see this stack of mail as I was slowly making my way down the stairs. I can finally start on replies now that I feel better. Still not a 100% but way better.

TerraNoir! Your chocolate envelope held up brilliantly in transit! :)

VertOlive
June 22nd, 2014, 06:35 PM
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/10467871_766303506723073_5868950_n.jpg

I was cheered last Monday to see this stack of mail as I was slowly making my way down the stairs. I can finally start on replies now that I feel better. Still not a 100% but way better.

Love that elephant envelope! Get better soon!

faithdonna
June 24th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Love that elephant envelope! Get better soon!

Thank you! :)

It is pretty cool and also caught TerraNoir's attention. It's a DIY envelope by someone I met on Instagram.

minh
July 2nd, 2014, 08:52 PM

Handwritten mails beats emails, texts hands down!
i don't know, the digital world today somehow feels so, impersonal, doesnt it?
But I'm curious, what do you write about?
And are all mail as painstakingly done as these beautiful ones?
And does everyone reply immediately? (I'm afraid I wouldn't get around to replying mails on time...)

Type40
July 2nd, 2014, 11:23 PM
Handwritten mails beats emails, texts hands down! i don't know, the digital world today somehow feels so, impersonal, doesnt it?
A well written and thoughtful, anything is a joy to send & receive.

All you have to do to find out is put a few thoughts into an envelope and send it on its way. :)

They come in all shapes, sizes (looking at you VertOlive), and difficulty levels. Even the simplest is a surprise and unique. Never judge a letter by its envelope, judge the envelope by the envelope.

And does everyone reply immediately? (I'm afraid I wouldn't get around to replying mails on time...)
As I have put it, Texts are late after a few hours to a day, email is late after about two days to a week, but letters can't really be replied to within a week (there are some magical exceptions) and can never be late. The longer it goes, the better the surprise will be when it does arrive. If you are enjoying yourself, while writing, it will be a much better letter.

Pick a person that has caught your eye, for one reason or another. Checkout their profile for inspiration, pickup your favorite pen, some paper (fancy or plain), share a little, ask a few questions, and release it into the wild. It could return soon, later, or not at all. When it does though, I would love to hear how you didn't smile when you discovered it.

writingrav
July 3rd, 2014, 04:26 AM

All you have to do to find out is put a few thoughts into an envelope and send it on its way. :)

They come in all shapes, sizes (looking at you VertOlive), and difficulty levels. Even the simplest is a surprise and unique. Never judge a letter by its envelope, judge the envelope by the envelope.

As I have put it, Texts are late after a few hours to a day, email is late after about two days to a week, but letters can't really be replied to within a week (there are some magical exceptions) and can never be late. The longer it goes, the better the surprise will be when it does arrive. If you are enjoying yourself, while writing, it will be a much better letter.

Pick a person that has caught your eye, for one reason or another. Checkout their profile for inspiration, pickup your favorite pen, some paper (fancy or plain), share a little, ask a few questions, and release it into the wild. It could return soon, later, or not at all. When it does though, I would love to hear how you didn't smile when you discovered it.
Or better yet just post your address and wait for the fun to begin.

minh
July 3rd, 2014, 07:16 AM

Or better yet just post your address and wait for the fun to begin.

yeap, I've always been the one to snail mail and being the last to get the latest news...when they're no longer news.
and grinning to myself when I spy a handwritten address on an envelope in the mail.

Anyways, I 've an interest in pretty much everything, especially finding out about new topics/interests/obscure knowledge that I absolutely know nothing about, so if anyone's interested in having a discussion about well, anything, with an international penpal, PM me for an address.
(Rest assured, there will definitely be a reply, if not immediate, then... eventually. heheh)

ullixx
July 23rd, 2014, 07:58 AM
Hello all! Guess, i'm still fairly new to the forum but not new to fountainpens.
Female GraphicDesigner from Germany, happily married, with 2 adorable BritishShorthair Cats, love Sketchbooks, Ereaders, Pens and Painting Supplies of all sorts.
I would love to get some correspondence. Will answer as fast as possible for me. Pls pm me for my address.

Twitter: @ulliversum
http://www.enjoygram.com/ulliversum

writingrav
July 23rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
One on the way tonight

Emma
July 26th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Hello writers! I posted my address earlier, but since it has changed, here's the new one:
Emma Cayford
6 Howard Ave.
Catonsville, MD

Since it's summer still, I will respond quickly and usually with doodles and drawings!

jadehawk
July 28th, 2014, 11:39 PM
This sounds great!.. I will like to participate but bear in mind I can't write nothing but chicken scratch.. I just finish setting up my little Cursive training kit (all material gathered from the net) and will begin the baby steps of Cursive writing.. (Kind of embarrassing to say "I can't write Cursive") but I figure people from this forum that appreciate the joy of penmanship will not be to harsh on a newbie (I hope)..

If anyone is kind enough to send some mail my way i will do my best between my two jobs to reply ASAP but I can't reassure you it will be easy to read as I tend to be a slow learner..

Thank you ..

Paul Mejia
PO Box 162551
Miami, FL, 33116

I even made up a personal training book from materials free in the internet.. Picture Below..

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2926/14773908195_c3171c80e8_n.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul-mejia/sets/72157646054229003/)My Cursive Training Book (https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul-mejia/sets/72157646054229003/) by JadeHawk. (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

VertOlive
July 29th, 2014, 12:23 PM
This sounds great!.. I will like to participate but bear in mind I can't write nothing but chicken scratch.. I just finish setting up my little Cursive training kit (all material gathered from the net) and will begin the baby steps of Cursive writing.. (Kind of embarrassing to say "I can't write Cursive") but I figure people from this forum that appreciate the joy of penmanship will not be to harsh on a newbie (I hope)..

If anyone is kind enough to send some mail my way i will do my best between my two jobs to reply ASAP but I can't reassure you it will be easy to read as I tend to be a slow learner..

Thank you ..

Paul Mejia
PO Box 162551
Miami, FL, 33116

I even made up a personal training book from materials free in the internet.. Picture Below..

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2926/14773908195_c3171c80e8_n.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul-mejia/sets/72157646054229003/)My Cursive Training Book (https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul-mejia/sets/72157646054229003/) by JadeHawk. (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

Paul--huge kudos to you for putting together your training manual to practice cursive! I just learned my son won't be taught cursive by his school (once he gets to 3rd grade, they'll "touch on it"), so you're not alone!

Go for it!

cautionflamable
August 12th, 2014, 12:22 AM
im down but i may be moving in a month. pm me before sending for my current address. post cards and letters only.

cautionflamable
August 12th, 2014, 12:37 AM
im down but i may be moving in a month. pm me before sending for my current address. post cards and letters only.

chatminouche
August 18th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I would love to receive mail! I am from the great white north, and the colder months are approaching... what better way to spend a chilly evening than writing a note or two? My interests include all manner of things, from etymology, to calligraphy, literature, movies, comics, cats, kids... I look forward to receiving and will be sending some soon as well... :)

Shanon Stewart
49 Nickel Street
Box 1018
Copper Cliff, Ontario
P0M 1N0
Canada

kataish
August 18th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I would love to receive mail! I am from the great white north, and the colder months are approaching... what better way to spend a chilly evening than writing a note or two? My interests include all manner of things, from etymology, to calligraphy, literature, movies, comics, cats, kids... I look forward to receiving and will be sending some soon as well... :)

I'll drop something in the post for you! So long as you don't mind mail from SW Ontario (sometimes its nice to get letters from "so close yet so far away" hehe)

Inner Prop
August 26th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Is there some sort of quote about if you want to get a letter set one free, if it's returned to you then something something something?

I THINK my printing is passable, but second grade when we learned cursive was a troublesome year for me.

I think I will try to see if someone here would find my obscure thoughts compelling enough to put up with my lack of cursive.

mrcharlie
August 26th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Plenty of correspondents here do not write using cursive.

caribbean_skye
August 26th, 2014, 07:02 PM
if you can't write cursive that is okay. we aren't a picky bunch

Silverbreeze
August 26th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah we rather hear about your adventures in geekery :-)

Kurt S
August 27th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone! I am a little late to the party, but I would love to participate! I will reply to anyone who writes! Please PM me for my address. Thank you!

Silverbreeze
August 27th, 2014, 06:03 PM
You can not be late for this party never ends

VertOlive
August 27th, 2014, 08:18 PM

Shanon Stewart
49 Nickel Street
Box 1018
Copper Cliff, Ontario
P0M 1N0
Canada

Yep, InCo helped me get through last year's big bad Winter! Ink up!

Inner Prop
August 28th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Ooo, I can't wait to write letters to foreign parts like Australia or Wisconsin.

Anybody practice their second language through letters?

chojo
August 31st, 2014, 06:24 AM
Hi folks, I'm from sunny Cheshire in the UK and would love to be involved in this having only just rekindled my interest in all things pen and ink related it would give me a good reason to buy more stuff! I'm a carer for my disabled mother (oh and a very sick dog)
so not much happens in my life at the moment but i promise i'll try and make my replies interesting, so if you fancy dropping me a line please feel free to pm me for my details.

jokeruk
September 6th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Well, i've finally updated my address (it's on page 15 if you're interested). I moved a couple of months ago, and the mail redirection is ending in the next few days so thought I'd better!

disillusion
September 7th, 2014, 08:13 AM
I'm in! Please PM for my address.

snzviola
September 7th, 2014, 11:31 PM
I would love some new pen pals!! PM me if you wanna write me cuz my address changes every year due to college and stuff!

VertOlive
September 18th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Hi folks, I'm from sunny Cheshire in the UK and would love to be involved in this having only just rekindled my interest in all things pen and ink related it would give me a good reason to buy more stuff! I'm a carer for my disabled mother (oh and a very sick dog)
so not much happens in my life at the moment but i promise i'll try and make my replies interesting, so if you fancy dropping me a line please feel free to pm me for my details.

Reply on its way!

chojo
September 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM

Reply on its way!

Fantastic, thank you. The first of many i hope! Our postie thinks i'm stalking him waiting for letters to drop through the door!

writingrav
September 19th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Well, i've finally updated my address (it's on page 15 if you're interested). I moved a couple of months ago, and the mail redirection is ending in the next few days so thought I'd better!

Hope to get one off to you today.

jokeruk
September 23rd, 2014, 12:54 PM

Hope to get one off to you today.

Had the wonderful pleasure of receiving it this afternoon.

Won't take long for a reply!

Leigh

Nashtah
October 10th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Debra Crawford
Jiaxing High School
No 341 Hongyin Road
Xiuzhou District
Jiaxing Zhejiang 314001
China

If you like me to write first please send your address

thanks a ton
Debra

GiGi
October 18th, 2014, 07:16 PM

Reply on its way!

Fantastic, thank you. The first of many i hope! Our postie thinks i'm stalking him waiting for letters to drop through the door!

This reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket, waiting for someone to RSVP one of her candlelight suppers.

BTW, I sent off a note on Friday, so however long it takes from Wisconsin!

Crazyorange
October 18th, 2014, 07:18 PM

Reply on its way!

This reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket, waiting for someone to RSVP one of her candlelight suppers.

Wow someone knows of mrs bucket...I mean bouquet. I love that show.

chojo
October 19th, 2014, 03:49 AM

Reply on its way!

Wow someone knows of mrs bucket...I mean bouquet. I love that show.

Look forward to hearing from you Gigi, I sometimes think mum is Mrs Bucket her favourite saying when we're out in the car is "mind the cow Richard" I keep telling her my names Chris,and whenever we're shopping she's always on the look out for some Royal Doulton with hand painted periwinkles!

Morgaine
October 19th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Patricia Routledge is fabulous. She voices one of the Ladies of Letters series on radio (along with Prunella Scales).

Holsworth
October 31st, 2014, 03:21 AM
Hunting for new people to write to it has become apparent that I never put my address in this thread. Always up for new penpals, and would actually quite like a few more because my letterbox has been rather dull lately!

ADDRESS REMOVED

mtnbiker62
October 31st, 2014, 11:07 PM
Hunting for new people to write to it has become apparent that I never put my address in this thread. Always up for new penpals, and would actually quite like a few more because my letterbox has been rather dull lately!

Holly Harrison
1 Fields Court
Olney
Buckinghamshire
MK46 4DE
England

One headed your way in tomorrow's mail. :)

GiGi
November 1st, 2014, 06:29 PM

Holly Harrison
1 Fields Court
Olney
Buckinghamshire
MK46 4DE
England

There is one on its way right now!

RuiFromUK
November 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM

Holly Harrison
1 Fields Court
Olney
Buckinghamshire
MK46 4DE
England

My postcard will take a bit longer to post...

Kurt S
November 6th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I recently realized that I really enjoy writing and receiving letters and I have not yet posted my address on here! Looking forward to more new Pen Pals!

Kurt Spurlock
24900 Lexington
Eastpointe, MI 48021

Crazyorange
November 6th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Got your letter today Kurt[emoji4]
Glad your on the mend.

Kurt S
November 6th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Got your letter today Kurt[emoji4]
Glad your on the mend.
Thank you! It's definitely a relief to walk without pain again!

Jimothy
November 7th, 2014, 04:26 AM

Film cameras. Now there's a good thing to be obsessed with.

sgtstretch
November 20th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Would love some penpals!

Phil Olin

writingrav
November 20th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Would love some penpals!

Phil Olin
169 Sanger Ave
Waterville, NY 13480

One out tomorrow

VertOlive
November 20th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Would love some penpals!

Phil Olin
169 Sanger Ave
Waterville, NY 13480

One out tomorrow

Make that two. (Writingrav always beats me to the mailbox!) :rolleyes:

markc
November 23rd, 2014, 11:27 PM
Hello, I'd like to gain a few pen pals. General interests are Classical Music, Photography, History and all things old.

Mark Cohen
2821 Flores Street
San Mateo, CA 94403

I have a 2 ½ year old, so writing time is limited.

RuiFromUK
November 30th, 2014, 10:56 AM
During the past week: 11 out and 2 in, both from the UK, with one written in Spencerian script (here I was very spoiled :)).

zengirl1997
November 30th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I would absolutely LOVE some people to chat with. You're guaranteed a reply unless your message is lost in the post, as I don't have much else to do! I'll do my very best to write about anything and everything, your choice of topic.

My address is:

94C Pinehurst Lane
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
United States

jfsisler
December 2nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
[Us pen-loving cross-stitchers need to stick together!

As a fellow pen loving cross stitcher, I wholeheartedly agree.

jks2014
December 18th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Erm,the last time i received a mailed hand written letter during my Sec 2 Christmas,kinda of miss it....
but I am not comfortable to reveal my add here,if you don't mind to send it overseas,PM me for my add,
I am in a Southeast Asian country now

tinyhandsprojects
February 4th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Francesca Alonte
19816 SandPiper Place Unit 28
Newhall, CA 91321, USA

raibtoffoletto
February 27th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Guys, to anyone that feel like writing!

R. Toffoletto
Celebesstraat 38
2585TK - Den Haag
Nederlands

marcj92
March 2nd, 2015, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone!
Got my fountain and practiced my penmanship. I'd love to get a pen-pal!
Send me a PM for my address!

Xina
March 3rd, 2015, 12:49 AM
I don't want InCoWriMo to stop! My pens need the exercise, so write me and I'll reply. I'm a knitter, crafter, avid reader and love audiobooks, too, love to travel, budding genealogist, love pens & inks, and flea markets.

Christina Gibbs
2321 Monroe Ave., #3
Norwood, OH 45212

checkrail
March 3rd, 2015, 09:09 AM
More than happy to reply to all new writers through the year:

Timothy Birrell
22 Sherwood Crescent
LOCKERBIE
Dumfriesshire
DG11 2DY
Great Britain

measi
March 6th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I write all year, and always welcome new pals (although it can take me a while due to full time work and a toddler). Just let me know where you found my address when you write! (and yes, crafters unite! I'm a cross-stitcher).

Melissa Krueger
94 Stamford Ave
Providence, RI 02907
USA

fountainpenkid
March 6th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I was ill and saddled with work for most of February, and only got around to writing one letter. :( However, I would love to participate now!

Will Platt
P.O Box 453
Madison, CT
USA

bruce
March 6th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Will be writing through the year and welcome anyone who would like to correspond.

Bruce Gordon
1316 Halton Terrace
Ottawa, Ontario
K2K 3K6
Canada

jadehawk
March 10th, 2015, 07:35 AM
I have added my address some post before but I like to refresh it.
I am still working on replying to some new pals & gals, and I will love more to write to.
Plus my wife is enjoying making me read all the letters out loud for her..

Any who if I did not say it before..
I'm 37 yo and work as an Aircraft mechanic at Miami International Airport..
No topic is trivial. my main reason for writing is to have a fun time practicing my horrible penmanship and make some new friends in the process..

mail me at:

Paul Mejia
PO Box 162551
Miami, Fl, 33116
USA

All letters WILL be answered, I just need to make more time between my 2 jobs :(

Also if you rather write to my wife I won't take it personal!! lol just use the same address but her name is
"Leyla Mejia"

Take care and like a new penpal said to me.. Stay inky!

Tracy Lee
March 16th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Will be writing through the year and welcome anyone who would like to correspond.

Bruce Gordon
1316 Halton Terrace
Ottawa, Ontario
K2K 3K6
Canada
One just left here today for you!

pica pica
March 18th, 2015, 05:25 AM

mailartist
March 18th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Would someone fancy a postcard instead of letter exchange?

Have you considered Postcrossing, which focuses on postcard swaps (both international and domestic)?

In addition to the official swaps, there are forum boards there, with people looking for ongoing postcard-only exchanges.

pica pica
March 18th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Would someone fancy a postcard instead of letter exchange?

Have you considered Postcrossing...

Thank you mailartist! I'll have a go

bruce
March 19th, 2015, 10:04 AM

Bruce Gordon
1316 Halton Terrace
Ottawa, Ontario
K2K 3K6
Canada

yay! will let you know when it arrives :)

Tracy Lee
March 26th, 2015, 06:37 PM

Bruce Gordon
1316 Halton Terrace
Ottawa, Ontario
K2K 3K6
Canada

yay! will let you know when it arrives :)
Bruce, you just cannot believe what happened to your letter. It came back to me in a plastic bag today. Will get another out very soon. [emoji33]
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/26/a4eccc15d9feea02d638255955b17530.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/26/b10db2cc8897176a2a656aff9c01aae0.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/26/f8fc6afcb921bce55834e07018ba66af.jpg[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/26/6c98fad35eeef445f63a733e7c8a1988.jpg

Crazyorange
March 26th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Wow...someone ate the mail. [emoji15]

VertOlive
March 26th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Yikes! Did it come back with any explanation?

Tracy Lee
March 27th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Yikes! Did it come back with any explanation?
Nope. Someone tried to do some taping which made me truly laugh. Not enough left to tape. Came in a plastic bag that said "We Care" which I find. . . Ironic. There was no tape or wax seals on the outside of this envelope, either.

bruce
March 27th, 2015, 12:42 PM
OMG. I have been looking at making a new reusable envelope from the carbon / kevlar composite sheeting used in the racing industry... I guess the time is now :P

LenaSF
March 27th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Hi Christina,
Let's be pen pals! We have similar interests in crafts, pens and reading. Look out for my post!
Lena

chibimiso
April 9th, 2015, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=Xina;118077]I don't want InCoWriMo to stop! My pens need the exercise, so write me and I'll reply. I'm a knitter, crafter, avid reader and love audiobooks, too, love to travel, budding genealogist, love pens & inks, and flea markets.

Are you still accepting new pen pals? I'm a knitter too and getting into fountain pens and inks now!

chibimiso
April 9th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Hello all! I would love to get some correspondence to exercise my newly acquired fountain pens/inks and practice my handwriting skills.
When not practicing my handwriting, I'm a runner (currently training for another half marathon and marathon later this year), knitter (too many projects to finish), and like to read all sorts of books though knitting and researching fountain pens/inks/journaling have taken over! I also like to collect anything Hello Kitty related.

Su Chew
3535 Quintara Street
San Francisco, CA 94116

Xina
April 10th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Are you still accepting new pen pals? I'm a knitter too and getting into fountain pens and inks now!

Yes! Knitting and fountain pens... and I used to live in the Bay area. Lots to write about! I see your address below. Mine's somewhere in this thread, but I'll put it here:

Christina Gibbs
2321 Monroe Ave, #3
Norwood, OH 45212

MelanieWI
May 3rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
I loved InCoWriMo and I'm always up for new pen pals. I live in Wisconsin and am fine with pen pals from anywhere. I like pens, paper, crafts, making jewelry, reading, antiques, cooking, and animals.

Melanie Wittman
PO Box 2322
Janesville, WI 53547-2322
USA

Jimothy
May 6th, 2015, 01:09 PM
I lost a number of pen pals recently because I was ill and things backed up. I'm back to normal (whatever normal is) and looking to find a couple more pen pals. I'm 49, married, self employed and British. I enjoy reading, photography, golf, motor cycles and collecting fountain pens. Please feel free to drop me a line:
Jim Britcliffe
80 Kestrel Drive
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 3YX
United Kingdom.

Chrissy
May 6th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I lost a number of pen pals recently because I was ill and things backed up. I'm back to normal (whatever normal is) and looking to find a couple more pen pals. I'm 49, married, self employed and British. I enjoy reading, photography, golf, motor cycles and collecting fountain pens. Please feel free to drop me a line:
Jim Britcliffe
80 Kestrel Drive
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 3YX
United Kingdom.

Hi Jimothy

Welcome to FPG. :-)

Brckstories
May 10th, 2015, 03:18 PM
I missed out on Incowrimo this year as I was in hospital, I'd love to have yet another excuse to take my ever growing fountain pen collection for a test drive so if anyone would like to correspond with a lego fan that enjoys creating and publishing his own comics and has a new outlook on life having been diagnosed with leukaemia then please feel free to pm me for details, no subject is off limits from why a 40 year old likes lego to what Chemo feels like.

Erik

Mod_wolves
August 16th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Hello, over the past few months i have neglected both my fountain pen collection as well as (and more importantly) my incowriyear pen pals. i have had moving house, finishing university as well as organising our wedding as my priorities but now it is all coming to an end and i am excited to get back on the proverbial horse and get back in to pen paling. i do have some previous people who i had been in correspondence with which i will respond to now i have that time and i am sorry it might be 6 months plus late. If anyone would also like to write to me it would be a delight. i am 26 years old and have recently moved to the Wirral (North West England) and on the cusp of getting married (27Th of August). i have just finished my nursing degree and am looking forward to beginning an exciting career. i collect fountain pens and have recently started collecting and reading Comic books. I am also interested in rock climbing and hiking.

Pear Tree Cottage
1 Flashes Lane
Ness
South Wirral
CH64 4BL
UK

writingrav
August 17th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Hello, over the past few months i have neglected both my fountain pen collection as well as (and more importantly) my incowriyear pen pals. i have had moving house, finishing university as well as organising our wedding as my priorities but now it is all coming to an end and i am excited to get back on the proverbial horse and get back in to pen paling. i do have some previous people who i had been in correspondence with which i will respond to now i have that time and i am sorry it might be 6 months plus late. If anyone would also like to write to me it would be a delight. i am 26 years old and have recently moved to the Wirral (North West England) and on the cusp of getting married (27Th of August). i have just finished my nursing degree and am looking forward to beginning an exciting career. i collect fountain pens and have recently started collecting and reading Comic books. I am also interested in rock climbing and hiking.

Pear Tree Cottage
1 Flashes Lane
Ness
South Wirral
CH64 4BL
UK
Do you have a name? PM if you don't want to share it publicly[emoji4]

mplcreative
August 20th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I am new here. The idea of receiving snail mail from people is very interesting. I have recently gotten into pens. I'm a calligrapher and a writer. For real money I am a mild-mannered State worker.

Mindy
2733 E. Battlefield #309
Springfield, MO 65804

Cubemeister
September 9th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Hi, I'm new at the forum. My name is Joćo Leite and I'm from Portugal. I'm a engineer and microbiologist that loves fountain pens, classic cars, football (soccer), botany and all nature and workshop related themes. So, if you want a pen pal with a hideous handwriting please feel free to use my mail box at:

Joćo Leite
Rua do Ribeiro das Fontes, 4
Cortesia, 2705-580 Sćo Joćo das Lampas
Portugal

writingrav
September 9th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Hi, I'm new at the forum. My name is Joćo Leite and I'm from Portugal. I'm a engineer and microbiologist that loves fountain pens, classic cars, football (soccer), botany and all nature and workshop related themes. So, if you want a pen pal with a hideous handwriting please feel free to use my mail box at:

Joćo Leite

Portugal

Hi Joao, welcome. I'll put you on my list, but it may take a week or so for me to get to you. Meanwhile, if you're interested in correspondence you should check out A World of Snailmail http://s-mail.proboards.com

Cubemeister
September 10th, 2015, 04:20 AM

Joćo Leite

Portugal

Hi Joao, welcome. I'll put you on my list, but it may take a week or so for me to get to you. Meanwhile, if you're interested in correspondence you should check out A World of Snailmail http://s-mail.proboards.com

Hi writingrav,

Thank you very much! I'll reply to you ASAP! :)

minaa
September 18th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Hi there!

I'm interested in having one or two more pen pals, especially if they are interested in writing in French or Japanese. I wrote this up for the snail mail thread on FPN, so I thought it'd be good enough for here. I am not comfortable posting my address openly, but I'd be happy to share over PM.

-27 year old female.
-Artist. Writer. Designer. More. I wear multiple professional hats.
-Lives with boyfriend.
-Kinda weird (more of a heads-up than an identity declaration). Not really head-in-space weird, just... I guess a good word is intense. I like talking about interesting topics and I don't mind being honest about myself. I like sharing in written form.
-Three cats that are 15 lbs or bigger. They are extra large cats, no special breed. I love animals in general.
-The natural sciences fascinate me.
-Trying to figure out the post-college millennial life in silicon valley while not having a tech degree, nor wanting to go into business, pure marketing, or HR.

Hobbies include: fountain pens, tea, latent knitting (really excited to getting back into it when it gets below 70 routinely here in California), gardening, playing music, learning languages, and more. I love learning and trying new things. I have done rock climbing, martial arts, figure modeling, and weight training--all of which are things I continue to be interested in when my brain has capacity for it. I took belly dance for a few years about 7 years ago, and had to take a break. Eventually I'd like to get back into it.

I'm looking for writers who feel that they would get along with me. I don't necessarily mind male or female. It's nice to find similar people my age interested in this hobby. However, I'm happy to write (and talk) with various people. Variety is the spice of life.

Morgaine
September 18th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Hello, you could try the other place (still new) for correspondence. What 5 questions (so far, some have been on the silly side) would you ask? Perhaps you'd like to answer some. Link is in my signature.

Titivillus
November 16th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Hello all,
after a rather eventful summer I'm finally in our new home and have a desk set up! My pens are still boxed up somewhere in the garage. I bought some new ones so I'd love to get some use out of them by writing. I would welcome and will answer all correspondence, so PM me and we can exchange addresses.

thanks to all,

Kurt

Morgaine
November 17th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Quite a few fpgeek people are over at A World of Snail Mail. (http://s-mail.proboards.com/). You'd be welcome to join, and there are people there wanting letters!

Sailor Kenshin
November 17th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Quite a few fpgeek people are over at A World of Snail Mail. (http://s-mail.proboards.com/). You'd be welcome to join, and there are people there wanting letters!

Unable to view the site unless you join. :(

Morgaine
November 17th, 2015, 01:38 PM

Some people have posted addresses and some may feel happier that only members can see them. There are some sections visible to all.

Sailor Kenshin
November 17th, 2015, 03:15 PM

Some people have posted addresses and some may feel happier that only members can see them. There are some sections visible to all.

Thanks! Now I 'see' what you mean. Oooo, rubber stamps....current obssession...

PS: PM sent.

meowshirl
January 19th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Hi Morgaine,

I hope you are good :)

Thank you for sharing another gem - penfriendship forum. Will check it out, especially [incowrimo] is coming up soon. I did last year but I had to write twice for same friend. Oh boy, she's impressed and love it very much!

Hope to get a few new friendships this 2016 than my usual old penfriends.:crazy_pilot:

Silverbreeze
January 31st, 2016, 07:54 PM
Anyone feeling like typing their own Address
www.postable.com/tomaszsuchecki

I need to update my Address Book :)

sweetnightingale
February 15th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm always up for new pen pals and love to put my pens to work. You can write me at:

Sharon Hawkinson
210 S. Mary St.
Coal City, IL 60416

I also have a postable
https://www.postable.com/sweetnightingale

Any kind of correspondence is welcome. :) Postcards, letters...whatever. I love pens, paper, ink, journals and journal keeping, singing, music, reading, writing fiction, scrapbooking, old time radio programs, and knitting and crocheting.

Pukka-J
May 9th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Hello,

like many others I too would like to add a few more pen pals. I like to write and am able to ramble on and on just about anything, but I'm also known to at times have a more philosophical inclination :)

My general interrests are: music (both classical and jazz ;)), nature, cycling, camping (preferably a combination of those last two), art in general (photography in particular), food, science, culture, history and reading. In no particular order.

I am from the Netherlands so I can obviously correspond in Dutch, but English is no problem. Other possible languages (they may be a little rusty though) are German, Polish and, yes: Esperanto!

I already have a few pen pals from the USA, as that is where most forumites seem to reside, so I'd prefer to receive letters from some other places. Of course, if you live in the US and absolutely can't resist: feel free to write! I promise to respond to every letter or card!

I'm a little hesitant to post my address here in this thread, out in the open, ready to be hunted down by the Great Google's spiderbots, so please PM me to exchange addresses.

Greetings, Jesse (the male variety :))

bamapendude
July 4th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I am interested in US or International Pen Pals. I have never done it. I have sent post cards to my Ham Radio Buddies I made contact on the radio but no formal or regular penpal writing. Besides it would be a great opportunity to use my fountain pens and perhaps discuss thing of the FP nature. For my address PM me sounds FUN!

Lavender
December 2nd, 2016, 12:15 AM
Hello!

I would also like to add a few more pen pals. It's been a long time since I last placed a post looking for new friends. I've been writing letters since my childhood but most people switched to emails and I miss writing letters!
I'm 37, married. I'm a lawyer and I own a small company. Besides writing I like reading, traveling, cycling, hiking, photography and of course, fountain pens.
You can PM for my address. Hope to hear from you!

KrazyIvan
December 2nd, 2016, 02:50 PM
I think there are a few different addresses for me floating on this forum and none are valid anymore. PM if you would like the latest address.

southpaw52
December 3rd, 2016, 02:10 PM
I'm interested in adding additional names to write to. I enjoy pens and inks, reading, journaling, photography, music especially Bluegrass and also Americania.

PM me for contact info and my postable info; http://www.postable.com/bradharris

frmamede
December 5th, 2016, 03:03 AM
Hello everyone! I would like to exchange some snail mail as well! I'm a 30 yo Lawyer and Law Professor from Brazil. Other than FP, my interests are: wines, photography, music (all kind), literature and arts in general.
Just PM for address.

Pharmasweaves
December 18th, 2016, 08:36 PM
I can't always promise quick replies, but I'm always willing to have an excuse to stop studying and write a letter.

Sam Weaver
25 Plantation Cir
Greenfield, MA 01301
USA

Kathleen
January 5th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Hello, I have participated in Incowrimo in previous years, and would welcome letters at any time of the year! Please send me a PM if you would like my address.

I have been corresponding through handwritten letters for more than 10 years. Having used fountain pens at school, I ‘rediscovered’ them a couple of years ago, which made the writing process much more enjoyable.

More information about my interests can be found in my profile.

southpaw52
January 6th, 2017, 08:15 AM
I welcome letters year around. I enjoy writing letters and making new friends.

Silverbreeze
February 9th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I'm interested in adding additional names to write to. I enjoy pens and inks, reading, journaling, photography, music especially Bluegrass and also Americania.

PM me for contact info and my postable info; http://www.postable.com/bradharris

Hey Brad did my Postable link up to yours
I am curious

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PenPal
February 27th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Maybe this is a silly question but how does one go about getting a pen pal? Despite my username, I do not have any :( I would have NO idea what to write about or where to start but would like to give it a go. Not sure this is the thread for my question but it seems the most fitting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Morgaine
February 28th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Maybe this is a silly question but how does one go about getting a pen pal? Despite my username, I do not have any :( I would have NO idea what to write about or where to start but would like to give it a go. Not sure this is the thread for my question but it seems the most fitting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You've come to the right thread! As for what to write - that plagues some penpals - some write what they call intro letters (and what I call akin to a CV) and I think these have been some of the most boring letters I've ever received (all about them). In response to a comment elsewhere, I wrote:

The first letter can be quite daunting. I used to write something akin to a CV mentioning some hobbies (all about me)- but now have changed what I first write. Perhaps I have always wanted to visit the area you live in or have already been. Perhaps the name of your street evokes some memory or connection. Perhaps I have a relative or friend shares your first name and then there is a little anecdote to tell (how they had posters of Tom Jones, Sean Connery and/or other music/film stars, etc – your reply could be, “It wasn’t Tom Jones on my wall but David Bowie..”).. The old fail-safe – the weather (have you been affected by the storm/tornado…?). I even imagine we are friends already.

If you have a few moments, you could have a look through http://www.lettersofnote.com/ (http://www.lettersofnote.com) or follow that site on Twitter – pictures of letters are regularly shown. The accompanying books (I have volume 1 in softback) are worth reading.

(link no longer valid, edit Jan/2019)

If you are quick or not, you could join my snailmail forum - link in the signature - you should be able to recognise a few names from here over there!

Chi Town
March 1st, 2017, 01:56 AM
I'M IN;

MIKE SMUKULA
8109 RANCHO LUCIDO NW
ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87120-5832

THANKS,
MIKE

gck
March 15th, 2017, 04:15 PM

There's also a monthly penpal matching for fountain pen writers over at https://www.reddit.com/r/FountainPenPals/. The one for April is open for submissions from now until March 25th.

fit_to_be_inked
April 1st, 2017, 11:51 AM
This is definitely a first for me, but I'll give a shot. My name is CJ Chiasson. I'm a married man with a lovely wife and 2 amazing sons. I live in Southern California and am a transplant here from Louisiana and Florida. I look forward to having my first pen pal, particularly anyone from overseas. Cheers.

CJ Chiasson
20452 Vicenza Lane
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
United States

Morgaine
June 2nd, 2017, 09:48 AM
I'm still open to new correspondents. If you don't know what to write, I have some questions needing answering by snailmail over on my forum!

chrisms
June 5th, 2017, 06:32 AM
I'm interested in corresponding with someone who shares an interest in fountain pens
Based in Derbyshire in UK
PM me with details if interested
Thanks

Motorrader
June 17th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Harry Warren
659 Crescent Avenue
Buffaloes, NY 14216

_Southpaw_
July 7th, 2017, 01:57 PM
I have been looking for something like this for a LONG time! EDIT: I enjoy cycling, hiking, religion, coffee, traveling, etc etc. I am a seminary student looking to go into full time mission work. I have lived in overseas before, and been to Nicaragua, Mexico, Indonesia, and Nepal. My wife has been to South Africa, Kenya, and India.

Surely we can all find common ground on coffee! :) :D

Lucas Hughes
125 Main Street
Woodburn, KY 42170

benjitzu
January 27th, 2019, 11:54 AM
I'm reviving an old thread but curious if anyone else is seeking a correspondence buddy. PM me if you'd like to exchange addresses.

Posted this over in the 2019 Incowrimo thread, but it applies here too...

A bit of background, if it's helpful...

I travel almost full-time and have for over a decade (partly for business, but mostly cause I want to). Grew up in the Rockies so I'm a mountain man at heart. I always gravitate to locations with mountains (Sierras, Rockies, Alps, etc) and have lived all over North America and Europe (and the Philippines, but that was a while ago). Besides my love for all things fountain pens, inks, and paper, I love motorcycles (put over 20k miles on mine last year), anything outdoors (camping, hiking, etc), animals (especially my cat, Songi), literature, history, yummy tea (Lapsang souchong and Fortnum & Mason's Royal Blend are my favs at the moment), and a gazillion other things. I have yet to meet a person with whom I can't connect about something - there are so many awesome things in life that there's bound to be a shared interest somewhere.

KM2017
April 3rd, 2019, 07:46 AM
I would love to find one or two more people to write to!

I enjoy reading (mainly history and literary fiction), music (especially Baroque, but much else besides), unusual/cult films, documentaries, travel, drawing, cooking, and various crafts. I love animals (cats and dogs in particular), interesting buildings (both old and modern), and learning about other countries and cultures. I am female, in the UK, and about to turn 40.

Even though I am a fan of fountain pens, I am more interested in the words on the page than the stationery used to form them. I have been writing to penpals for more than 10 years, and always appreciate receiving a handwritten letter in the post!

Morgaine
June 29th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Umm. Some people in this thread have changed addresses. I noticed some people have also quoted other people's addresses but the addresses in the original posts have been removed. Some of you might like to review your posts and edit where appropriate.

Still writing letters.

watermelon
July 17th, 2019, 01:33 AM
I would like to join here. I'm from the Philippines, so if you would like to exchange letters, please don't hesitate to send me a private message. Kindly note that I prefer a friendly and wholesome letter and/or postcards.

VertOlive
December 14th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Umm. Some people in this thread have changed addresses. I noticed some people have also quoted other people's addresses but the addresses in the original posts have been removed. Some of you might like to review your posts and edit where appropriate.

Still writing letters.

Here here!

The same VertOlive, transplanted to The Island:

Diana Vredeveld
13977 Lanyard Dr
Corpus Christi, TX 78418

Chrissy
December 14th, 2019, 02:20 PM

Still writing letters.
I think some members have posted their addresses in the newer thread for InCoWriMo 2019

Mandarina444
December 9th, 2021, 02:14 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this is still working since the last post is from 2019, but I will give it a try.
I'm basically looking for a few pen pals to use my new collection of inks and pens. I haven't been successful on other websites so far, everybody seems to be much younger than me (I'm 42 years old). It used to be much easier when I was 20 years younger :) Anyway...
I love traveling (I've been to several countries), hiking, writing... I'm a quite normal person with common hobbies. If anybody is interested, please, drop me a line.
Wishing you all a great day!

Morgaine
January 10th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Eric has updated incowrimo.org for this year.