PDA

View Full Version : InCo Pen Pals for the rest of the year

Pages : [1] 2

eriquito
February 28th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I've read through the InCoWriYear thread (most of it) and it would seem that there are a few different camps ranging anywhere from "let it end" to "let's keep writing ten letters per day."

I suggest, for better or worse, that we adopt this InCo Pen Pals thread as a place for those who would enjoy year round pen pal type correspondence to gather and exchange addresses.

If you'd like to receive "not officially InCoWriMo" but just as cool mail throughout the year, let us know in this thread.

I'll even go first...

I'm always very happy to receive mail, be that letters, cards, notes, postcards or other. I do my level best to always reply - it's fun! Feel free to write to me at:

Eric Schneider
PO Box 499
Highland, CA 92346

If you'll be adding your address, let us know if there are any stipulations such as "postcards only, please." Keeping pen pal correspondence to a postcard-only level can be both rewarding and quick.

And while I have you here - THANK YOU ALL so very much for making InCoWriMo 2013 such FUN!!

fountainpenkid
February 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Will Platt
P.O Box 453
Madison CT

Thanks!

KrazyIvan
February 28th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I'm in.

[ADDRESS REMOVED]

My address has changed. Please contact me via PM for the new address. If I still owe you a reply, you will get my new address in the mail.

PostMuse
February 28th, 2013, 08:00 PM
My address has changed this month, though I haven't moved and my PO Box 22042 in Pittsburgh will remained open for another year. My new PO Box address is ...

PostMuse
PO Box 1244
Wexford PA 15090
USA

I sometimes sign my mail with my first name, Bonnie Jeanne, but mostly I'm PostMuse

jfsisler
February 28th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Good to know, PM. I'll be in:) If anyone needs my address PM me. It's around elsewhere anyway...

TheRoXFiles
February 28th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hi there!

Please PM me for my address. I'd love to hear from you! :)

EDIT, 3/2/13: Forgot to mention: I'm open to pretty much any kind of mail here. Postcards and letters are most welcome. If anyone is keen on sending anything else...like, if you'd want to take me up on my "incowriyear" suggestion that we send pre-packaged food or edible treats of some kind to each other--please do ask me first. I'll be sure to do the same for you if you're interested. :)

writingrav
February 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Perfect! I'm in.
Ira Stone
700 Commodore Court
Philadelphia, PA 19146

Type40
February 28th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Mark Harris
P.O. Box. 23134
Eugene OR 97402-0425
USA

ilangai
March 1st, 2013, 12:07 AM
Ilan Gai
17/5 Malkei Israel Street
Tel Aviv, 6438909
ISRAEL

woosang
March 1st, 2013, 01:56 AM
Yvonne Kirk
P.o.box 913
Picton NSW 2571
Australia

Tracy Lee
March 1st, 2013, 04:31 AM
Tracy Lee Belford
713 Killarney Court
Merritt Island, FL 32953

Dragon
March 1st, 2013, 05:23 AM
William R. Jones
130 Broderick Street
San Francisco, CA 94117

chaimann
March 1st, 2013, 09:00 AM
Cheryl Haimann
1211 Oak Park Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50313
USA

caribbean_skye
March 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM
I love hand written mail so I'm definitely in.

Lesley Laughing
PO Box 2214
Georgetown, TX 78627

Toffer
March 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
I'm certainly in, have loved InCoWriMo!
Chris Matthews
42 Sackville street
Todmorden
West Yorkshire
OL14 5BS
UK

southpaw52
March 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM
I personally I found the month to be a stepping stone to continue to write to others. I would welcome letters or postcards. I will answer all correspondence.
Bradley A Harris
PO Box 11875
Fort Smith AR 72917-1875

Bogon07
March 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM
And while I have you here - THANK YOU ALL so very much for making InCoWriMo 2013 such FUN!!
And thank you for starting it.

Ken Tremaine
59 Stevens Street
Pennant Hills, NSW 2120
Australia

Steph
March 1st, 2013, 09:39 PM
I'm in too!

Stephenie Yeung
6346 Woodbine Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19151
USA

everybodylovesbacon
March 2nd, 2013, 01:28 AM
I really enjoyed this past month and plan to continue writing to all friendly responders. I would be in for this type of thing; in fact, most of you were on my February mailing list! I look forward to hearing from you and writing to you. :)

Ashli Kessinger
630 Quintana Road
Morro Bay, CA 93442

TonyJones
March 2nd, 2013, 04:17 AM
I'm in, but I'd prefer not to put my address up publicly, so PM me :)

Sent from my mobile box with lots of transistors inside using Tapatalk 2

AndreasDavour
March 2nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Feel free to keep writing me. I will not initiate new conversations, but will reply to letters I get and ongoing conversations.

Andreas Davour
Marmorvagen 9A
752 44 Uppsala
Swden

vhr5
March 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
I'm in... at a slower more relaxed pace, of course.

Vaughn Ridgel
PO Box 24202
Huber Heights, Ohio 45424
USA
:wave:

gwgtaylor
March 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
I'm in too. Still got lots of custom fountain pen stamps left.

Gerald Taylor
551-250A Eglinton Ave. E.
Toronto, ON M4P 3E1
Canada

Aleks
March 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
im in too!!!

Aleks Gutierrez
1801 Garvey Av. #123
Alhambra, CA 91803
USA

i will ALWAYS answer, jus be a tad patient with my reply for i usually post in batches if i get alot of letters :) CHEERS!

menunes
March 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Fell free to write me. I can read portuguese, english, french, spanish and (maybe) italian. I'll reply in english but will brush up on other languages. :-)

Maria Etelvina Camarão
Rua D. José Carcomo Lobo
44 - 1 Esq.
2835-421
Lavradio
Portugal

cedargirl
March 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Great idea.

PO Box 5216
Hallidays Point
NSW 2430
Australia

PaulSvendsen
March 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Count me in. I am switching over to my PO box.

Paul Svendsen
PO Box 8369
Bend, OR 97708
USA

Thanks!

Chandrashekhar
March 5th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Chandrashekhar Kshirsagar
B/601 Landmark Towers Opposite
To Wadala Telephone Exchange
G.D. Ambekar Road
Dadar (East) Mumbai 400014
Maharashtra India

ypsilanti
March 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thrilled to have recently discovered FPGeeks. I missed the InCo event entirely and would love to be included here in the ongoing festivities. Please count me in! I'll get my first batch of letters out this weekend.

Rachel Young
PO Box 980022
Ypsilanti MI 48198-0022

Trixie.in.Dixie
March 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hey y'all - I was on the original InCoWriMo list, but I had so much fun that I want to continue if anyone would like to write to me. I'm already corresponding with several people from last month and will continue to do so (as long as they want to) so I guess this is for the benefit of those who are new here or just wanted to try writing to more/different people than they did during InCoWriMo. I had said I was going to write to everyone on the original list, and I just didn't. There were so many more people than I realized!

Edited to say: I am going to make an effort to continue to write to new people as time allows and my level of motivation prompts me. I will definitely respond to anyone who writes to me.

Tracy Lee
March 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM
You'll be hearing from me! :-)

Ayla
March 11th, 2013, 11:04 AM
What a GREAT suggestion!!! I would LOVE to be apart of this! My address is

Elizabeth Fields
5250 E. Cortland Blvd Apt # 97
Flagstaff, AZ 86004

(although I may be moving soon, but I will let you know asap :D )

Everything is welcome, i.e. letters, cards, postcards, notes and other. I would say that my only stipulation would be:

Only letters from (or going to) USA. Incowrimo gobbled up my stamps, like they were candy! And funds are tight. I would LOVE to write overseas, I just can't afford it right now. :(

woosang
March 12th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Awaiting a new batch of stamps Lmk if you want a letter!!

fountainpenkid
March 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Someone from Oregon sent me a TON of stamps today!! Thank you so very much! That is very kind of you!

Tracy Lee
March 13th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Someone from Oregon sent me a TON of stamps today!! Thank you so very much! That is very kind of you!

This forum, and the folks in, rock, don't they? :) Some of the best good people around.

ThriveToScribe
March 15th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I'm really up for this, being fairly new and addicted to pens and ink since youth. Please PM me for address? Thanks!

~~~Therese H. (ThriveToScribe)

ypsilanti
March 18th, 2013, 08:59 PM
A wonderful mail day here in Ypsilanti! I dropped a pile of letters into a mailbox on the way to work. I think I've written 30 letters in the past week to people on this thread. (Yeah, okay, so I've been a little obsessive.) When I returned home after work I found here four letters and a package from Goulet Pens. It doesn't get much better than that, eh.

Tracy Lee
March 19th, 2013, 04:54 AM
A wonderful mail day here in Ypsilanti! I dropped a pile of letters into a mailbox on the way to work. I think I've written 30 letters in the past week to people on this thread. (Yeah, okay, so I've been a little obsessive.) When I returned home after work I found here four letters and a package from Goulet Pens. It doesn't get much better than that, eh.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

woosang
March 19th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Lucky duck!! My magic mailbox was devoid of anything today

southpaw52
March 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I have been receiving great letters, fresh batch going out today.

Jimothy
March 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I'm always keen to correspond with folks. I already have a number of US pen pals whom I love writing to and hearing from. I'm particularly keen to hear from English speakers in countries other than the US, though I'm also more than happy to hear from our American cousins.

cedargirl
March 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Jimothy

It's nice to have you here. Why not take a few moments to fill out for profile page so we know a little about you, including where you live. Drop me a PM with an address or just write to me if you'd like a letter from Australia. You'll find my address in this thread.
Cheers, Claire

thagbert
March 25th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I'm in!

PM me for my address!

Barbara
March 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'm in. I missed InCoWriMo but I'm here now.

Barbara McKinnon
Box 61
Middleton, NS B0S 1P0
Canada

cedargirl
March 26th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Hi Barbara - you are here.

Re your address (it's always interesting to see how it's doe in other countries) - I get the Nova Scotia bit, but what does BOS 1PO mean. It totally confused Google Maps.
Yes, I always look to see where people are, if I'm not sure of that part of the country.

woosang
March 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I can answer that :-) it's a postal code like in the UK. In Australia we use a 4 digit code. UK and Canada use letters and digits

woosang
March 26th, 2013, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Barbara;18730] QUOTE=thagbert;18723]

When I can write again (my brain is not co-operating ) I'll be thrilled to send you a letter

ThriveToScribe
March 27th, 2013, 12:03 AM

Re your address (it's always interesting to see how it's doe in other countries) - I get the Nova Scotia bit, but what does BOS 1PO mean. It totally confused Google Maps.

Yes, I always look to see where people are, if I'm not sure of that part of the country.

~~~It looks like the post codes used in the UK. But I could be wrong since I've never been to or written to Nova Scotia. :(

PostMuse
March 27th, 2013, 03:50 AM

I am pretty sure all of Nova Scotia has postal codes beginning with B, and I think Google maps are confused because the character following the B and P are zeros not the letter O. The postal code format is LetterNumberLetter NumberLetterNumber.

hellomms
March 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Hi all,

I missed the InCoWriMo as well but would like to initiate correspondence and make Pen Pans. Please PM me for the address, I live in NYC. Cheers!

Barbara
March 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM

It's the postal code, in my case, for the whole town of Middleton since we don't have home delivery. All Middleton homes are issued a post office box.

Barbara
March 27th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I can answer that :-) it's a postal code like in the UK. In Australia we use a 4 digit code. UK and Canada use letters and digits

Absolutely right. :)

Barbara
March 27th, 2013, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Barbara;18730] QUOTE=thagbert;18723]

When I can write again (my brain is not co-operating ) I'll be thrilled to send you a letter

Let me assure you, I would be thrilled to receive one and certainly reply. :)

Barbara
March 27th, 2013, 03:18 PM
~~~It looks like the post codes used in the UK. But I could be wrong since I've never been to or written to Nova Scotia. :(

You are right. And here's your opportunity to write to Nova Scotia. :) I'd love a letter and promise a reply.

Barbara
March 27th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I am pretty sure all of Nova Scotia has postal codes beginning with B, and I think Google maps are confused because the character following the B and P are zeros not the letter O. The postal code format is LetterNumberLetter NumberLetterNumber.

Exactly!

Barbara
March 27th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

I missed the InCoWriMo as well but would like to initiate correspondence and make Pen Pans. Please PM me for the address, I live in NYC. Cheers!

Sent you a PM. :)

Barbara
March 27th, 2013, 03:24 PM

https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

edited to add: I thought it would pinpoint Middleton but I suppose you can do a separate search for that. :)

fountainpenkid
March 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
You'll have a letter on the way tomorrow, Barbara!

manuel1094
March 27th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Hello, my name is Manuel I'm 18 y/o and I'm a new fountain pen lover. I just started my collection with a Lamy safari, parker IM and a few parkers that my father gave me (51 and 75 Cisele). Anyway i would love to have some pen pals, please send me some letters at this address:

Manuel Arreaza
Urb. El Placer, Calle Sur 6, Qta. Cantaclaro
1080 Caracas
Miranda
Venezuela

I want to keep in touch with fountain pens enthusiasts, and learn new things.
Please let me know if someone send me something.
Thanks!

fountainpenkid
March 28th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Hello, my name is Manuel I'm 18 y/o and I'm a new fountain pen lover. I just started my collection with a Lamy safari, parker IM and a few parkers that my father gave me (51 and 75 Cisele). Anyway i would love to have some pen pals, please send me some letters at this address:

Manuel Arreaza
Urb. El Placer, Calle Sur 6, Qta. Cantaclaro
1080 Caracas
Miranda
Venezuela

I want to keep in touch with fountain pens enthusiasts, and learn new things.
Please let me know if someone send me something.
Thanks!

Welcome! I'm definitely sending you a letter!

Barbara
March 28th, 2013, 05:22 AM
You'll have a letter on the way tomorrow, Barbara!

Looking forward to it!

woosang
April 4th, 2013, 05:26 PM
It's the postal code, in my case, for the whole town of Middleton since we don't have home delivery. All Middleton homes are issued a post office box.

Our farm doesn't get a mail delivery but having a PO box is problematic as some couriers will not deliver to a PO box and will not come onto the property (rightly so as working dogs are not friendly to strangers) so husband does miss out on stuff, one company stated that a USB stick was "too large for Post Box delivery" ummmmm WHAT??

Idiots.
It's hard not having a mail delivery :-(

cedargirl
April 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

edited to add: I thought it would pinpoint Middleton but I suppose you can do a separate search for that. :)

Thanks Barbara
It was probably because I was using O's not 0's.
Letter on it's way!
Claire

Barbara
April 7th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Looking forward to it Claire!

jor412
April 13th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I'd like to try this out. :) But I'm not so certain I can deal with the volume of writing, so I'll go through this thread and just start writing and my return address will be on the envelope.

woosang
April 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I'd like to try this out. :) But I'm not so certain I can deal with the volume of writing, so I'll go through this thread and just start writing and my return address will be on the envelope.

That's a great way to do it :-)

jor412
April 13th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks. I started writing letters yesterday. :) I'd like to have about five or more done before I make a trip to the post office.

ypsilanti
April 14th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Sounds good. I sent out a lot of letters in a short period of time, so now have a lovely pile awaiting replies. If, in spite of your cautiousness, you end up with a pile too, know that there's no reason to feel overwhelmed. Take your time replying. At first I felt pressured to get letters in the mail, but then reminded myself that this is fun. We're writing letters because we enjoy it. There are no deadlines, there is no pressure. Just have a good time.

jor412
April 14th, 2013, 07:40 AM

tannie
April 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Ok, me too! I really want to use up some of my samples ;)

Tanja Orme
Gouden Leeuw 932
1103KW Amsterdam ZO
The Netherlands

caribbean_skye
April 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Jor412: Just remember that depending on where you're at (Philippines it looks like) that it will take time for the mail to get to its destination, replied to and sent back. So please don't get discouraged if replies take a while to get back to you initially.

jor412
April 15th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Yes I figured :) It's all right. I'm not in any rush. :)

Kim Kosmos
April 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I would welcome any letters. It would allow me to use my new pens and ink, as well as give me incentive to improve my writing. Also, I'd enjoy making new friends. My address is:

Kim Lykins
3412 Fort Lyon Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
US

woosang
April 28th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Yay! New friends ti write to

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Alex Hackmann
April 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Sounds nice!

Alex Hackmann
Rua Ernesto Alves 2350 sala 104
Taquara, RS
95600-000
Brasil

Nomdeplume
April 30th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I was wondering about how to get on a list:

Marcia Bankirer
1576 S Trenton Ct
Denver CO 80231

alc3261
April 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Me too!! Please PM me for exchange of addresses.

Mod_wolves
May 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Even though the inco month has finished can people still sign up for pen palling?

Tracy Lee
May 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
Heck yeah! Many of us are still actively corresponding. Come on in, the water is great!! :-)

KrazyIvan
May 1st, 2013, 10:04 PM
Yup, some of us are behind on things but the addresses are there for a reason.

Mod_wolves
May 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Well I'm well and truly in! I'm new to the adoration of pens paper and ink so I'd love to get involved so I can put it all into some serious use while at the same time corresponding with other geeks around the world!

PM me for my address and well have a swap of details.

ndw76
May 3rd, 2013, 02:44 AM
I would love to receive more snail mail. My address is

Nathan Walker
525/327 Townplus Pracha-uthit
Pracha-uthit Road
Tungkru
Bangkok 10140
Thailand

klpeabody
May 5th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I am still writing back and forth with people, and intend to continue. It has been a little slow as i continue to receive several letters and I've had some RL ("real life") stuff going on. I am still open to new letters from new people interested in keeping the spirit alive, however. My address is: Karen Peabody, 200 John Olds Drive, Apt. 106, Manchester, CT 06042.

Liessa
May 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hi!

I've only written a single letter (response) in the actual InCoWriMo, but I so need more excuses to use all these nice inks! Can I still jump in? A new nib awaits testing, and what better way to go about it than to write something nice :)

My address is:

Marloes de Boer
EGoli 110
1103 AC Amsterdam
The Netherlands

caribbean_skye
May 15th, 2013, 01:25 PM
You sure can Liessa. Just pick someone and write them a letter.

Hez
May 19th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Count me in!
Heather Taylor
134 Scott drive
Forest, Mississippi 39074

youstruckgold
May 22nd, 2013, 01:11 AM
Me too.

Nicholas Gold
27 Norwood Road
Caulfield North 3161
Victoria
Australia

Pen interests: Italian (esp Omas).
Other interests: Jazz, politics.

AndreasDavour
May 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Maybe this is not the best thread for it, but my letter to Theresa in Chicago bounced. Please get in touch to confirm your address!

Type40
May 27th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the warning. Lets see if this gets a general reply.

What was the bounce information from the post office?

woosang
May 27th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Got lots of presents today from Incopals!!! Thank you all!! 30683069

woosang
May 27th, 2013, 10:27 PM
And sorry to everyone! I am running around one month late in all my replies :-( I will write back I Promise!

cedargirl
May 28th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Ha! Woosang - no rest for the wicked. I just got mine out to you moments ago.

AndreasDavour
May 28th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the warning. Lets see if this gets a general reply.

What was the bounce information from the post office?

"Attempted - Not Known Unable to Forward" is what the sticker on the envelope said. I might have misspelled something, and people do move, and I have been slow in replying lately...

TheRoXFiles
May 28th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Hi there!

Sorry for not responding sooner...I don't get to check out the forums as much as I used to. Sent you a PM with my address, just in case, Andreas. :)

--Theresa (from Chicago) :P

trefste_metrese
May 31st, 2013, 05:27 AM
Hi all,

I just replied to the other InCoWriMo thread, asking for pen pals!

Here's my address for this thread...

Peter LoRe
2505 Hillcrest Road
Quakertown, PA
USA

Thanks in advance!

woosang
May 31st, 2013, 05:28 AM
Will send you one.. :-) I just have a pile awaiting replies..

trefste_metrese
May 31st, 2013, 05:31 AM
Yay! Thanks Woosang!

Titivillus
May 31st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Please PM me for address. I've been writing for probably 20 years to the same person and was up to 40 people at one time. I needed to cut back since 14 letters a week was a bit much but I do need to use some of my saved paper!

Miss Thundercat
May 31st, 2013, 09:29 AM
Well I'm definitely looking for some more people to correspond with. I'll also go through the list myself and write to a few people, but if you are interested to write me please do drop me a line for my address :)

caribbean_skye
May 31st, 2013, 04:48 PM
And sorry to everyone! I am running around one month late in all my replies :-( I will write back I Promise!

Heh, yours is in my stack to reply to. Hoping to get at least half of these replied to and out in the mail tomorrow. Can you guess what I'll be doing for the rest of the evening? BTW, what nib were you using to write in your notebook in that photo you posted above?

woosang
May 31st, 2013, 05:49 PM

Heh, yours is in my stack to reply to. Hoping to get at least half of these replied to and out in the mail tomorrow. Can you guess what I'll be doing for the rest of the evening? BTW, what nib were you using to write in your notebook in that photo you posted above?

Birmingham postal pen I think. It's the one in the Photo

Hez
June 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM
I got my first letter this week! So excited! I sent out about 10 letters introducing myself. Gonna work on a couple more this weekend!
Heather

woosang
June 2nd, 2013, 12:25 AM
Well I'm definitely looking for some more people to correspond with. I'll also go through the list myself and write to a few people, but if you are interested to write me please do drop me a line for my address :)

I'll reply when your letter arrives :-) I was going to pm for address but you beat me to it :-)

Miss Thundercat
June 2nd, 2013, 06:00 AM

I'll reply when your letter arrives :-) I was going to pm for address but you beat me to it :-)

Heehee :D I'm glad you also have interest in writing to me. Hope the letter gets to you safely & soon :)

jfsisler
June 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
If anyone wants to write me, my address is in the original Incowrimo post.:) I'd be happy to get some new letters.

Trixie.in.Dixie
June 8th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Oh my gosh I'm so far behind in replying to my dear pen pals - I hope nobody thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth, but I've had so much *stuff* going on that sadly, my letter writing has been neglected. :( Don't give up on me, y'all!

woosang
June 8th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Oh my gosh I'm so far behind in replying to my dear pen pals - I hope nobody thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth, but I've had so much *stuff* going on that sadly, my letter writing has been neglected. :( Don't give up on me, y'all!

No Hun, it's all ok

ThriveToScribe
June 8th, 2013, 11:37 PM

I'm having the very same problem! I received several letters and have only answered two---and I have the rest of the addresses in front of me, waiting for a letter to go inside their envelopes. So, I also apologize!

(Hmmm....I also live in "Dixie"...do you think there's something in the water, Trixie?)

Tracy Lee
June 9th, 2013, 04:46 AM

I don't think folks here give up on other folks. If it takes awhile, then just how glorious will it be to hear from you? It 's all good. :-)

woosang
June 9th, 2013, 05:02 AM
That's for sure. Letter writing is not fast, people love getting letters no matter how long it takes

writingrav
June 9th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Amen. That's the whole point. Keeping within human limitations is what makes epistles different from email.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ypsilanti
June 10th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Playing with fountain pens is a pleasure in itself, as is writing in any form (for me, anyway), and on top of that I'm getting to know all of you wonderful people. It delights me that I can write a letter to you, and for a very small sum it will be hand-carried to your door, hundreds or thousands of miles away. And I've received three letters in the past week (from three different countries). This is great!! So banish any bad feelings about 'slow' replies. There is no pressure, there are no deadlines. Whether you write in two weeks or two months, I'm always happy to hear from you. Thank you for writing!

Tracy Lee
June 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I got my first letter this week! So excited! I sent out about 10 letters introducing myself. Gonna work on a couple more this weekend!
Heather

One is on its way back to you as of today!

caribbean_skye
June 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Don't worry about it, I think most of us are behind. I'm slowly making a dent in my pile and just when I think I've cleared the weekend to reply to everyone, something happens. Maybe I just need to learn to write faster and use less words. :)

Adunaye
June 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I want to get in on this. If anyone is interested my mailing address is

Bernadine Etter
PO Box 29494
Columbus, Ohio 43229

I just found out about this forum and this idea is super cool.

writingrav
June 13th, 2013, 02:49 PM
One on the way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A.J. Rosati
June 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
I would love to receive mail year round from fellow fountain pen users.

A.J. Rosati
813 Fronek Drive
Streetsboro, OH 44241
USA

Thanks!!

Rena
July 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hi
That's a great idea.
I would welcome letters or postcards. I will answer all correspondence.

Irene Otterbein
Hanauer Str.1
64832 Babenhausen
Germany

cwent2
July 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Carl Wood
672 Maple Valley Road
Coventry, RI 02816

All correspondence accepted except bills, unless they are legal tender!

DashaSky
July 25th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Hello everyone!
You take the Ukrainian girl to their circles.I like to send letters, cards, and much more.We can learn a lot about other countries! Please, write me :)
address:
Zhivotovska Daria
Vul. Illicha 66-a, kv 123
Kherson
Ukraine

Titivillus
July 25th, 2013, 01:14 PM
PM me for my address. I've been writing letters for years ( same person for at least 15yrs) but cut back a few months ago now might be a good time to get a few more.

Some people have said I'm an amusing correspondent why not write me and find out!

Kurt

jfsisler
July 25th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I've so wanted to speak to someone from Eastern Europe! I'll send you a letter this weekend, I promise:)

jfsisler
July 25th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I still owe you a letter, Carl. I haven't forgotten.:) We're practically neighbors after all.

jfsisler
July 25th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I will send you a letter as well:)

earthdawn
July 25th, 2013, 07:13 PM
OK I somehow missed this thread as i miss understood...

Thanks cwent2 for sending me over here.

PM me for my address please

Looking forward to this. Whata great way to get me writing more and using all my dang ink samples lol !

Carl Fisher
July 26th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm late to the game but I'm in. Drop me PM for address and contact info.

I'm terrible at starting a conversation but happy to send replies as time permits.

cwent2
July 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
OK I somehow missed this thread as i miss understood...

Thanks cwent2 for sending me over here.

PM me for my address please

Looking forward to this. Whata great way to get me writing more and using all my dang ink samples lol !

You are quite welcome - always willing to jump at the opportunity to tell someone where to go, God knows my wife has been doing it to me for years!

Oh, by the way just in case no one noticed = my humor is dry and sometimes very tongue in cheek - I think I get it from my English ancestry.

Cw

cwent2
July 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I still owe you a letter, Carl. I haven't forgotten.:) We're practically neighbors after all.

Ok, well I found your address and a letter is SNAILing your way.

Cw

fncll
July 29th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Greetings! I am always interested in hearing from people. Happy to correspond around the world. I can't promise arty letters (I pretty much write in the classic mode) or beautiful handwriting, but I can try to be interesting. :D

I also do postcards, etc., in case you like to be mysterious and haiku-like.

I said a bit more about some interests here: http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/3414-Correspondents?p=39806&viewfull=1#post39806

Chris Lott
PO Box 82826
Fairbanks, AK 99708
USA

Tracy Lee
July 31st, 2013, 05:31 PM
Pulled some more from this list, more letters will go out soon!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

gwgtaylor
August 2nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Was I pulled? I didn't feel anything

Tracy Lee
August 2nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
You will soon enough! :-)

gwgtaylor
August 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Yayyy!! :-)

Feardorcha
August 3rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
Only just found this amazing site and now this...

If anyone wishes to correspond PM me for my address. I will reply to everything I receive.

Hez
August 4th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Hey, guys, I know I'm a little behind in my responses and I wanted a quick note as to why...Have been sick, in the hospital last week after an awful stomach bug and dehydrated. ER visit for tachycardia a couple of weeks before that. They found a mass in my thyroid while there. Going for biopsy tomorrow. All prayers and good vibes appreciated, and I promise to try and catch up on correspondence soon!

earthdawn
August 4th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Hey, guys, I know I'm a little behind in my responses and I wanted a quick note as to why...Have been sick, in the hospital last week after an awful stomach bug and dehydrated. ER visit for tachycardia a couple of weeks before that. They found a mass in my thyroid while there. Going for biopsy tomorrow. All prayers and good vibes appreciated, and I promise to try and catch up on correspondence soon!

In my thoughts... all the best and good luck tomorrow!

cwent2
August 4th, 2013, 10:09 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Carl Wood

writingrav
August 5th, 2013, 04:49 AM
In the thoughts of al of us. Blessings!

ypsilanti
August 5th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Keeping you in good thoughts! Sending lots of good vibes. And a letter.

Hez
August 10th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Just wanted you guys to know, I'm behind on my letters due to health issues. Was in the hospital, which put me behind at work...then found a mass on my thyroid, which was biopsy came back inconclusive. I have to have surgery next week to have it removed. Still don't know if it's cancer.

I am trying to catch up and to catch my pen pals up on the things going on, but life happens :) Forgive me if I'm late in getting back to you...plus my mom straightened my letter area while I was sick, and I had a SYSTEM! My piles had significant reasons!

Be patient and pray for peace, an easy surgery, and good results.
Heather

woosang
August 11th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Just wanted you guys to know, I'm behind on my letters due to health issues. Was in the hospital, which put me behind at work...then found a mass on my thyroid, which was biopsy came back inconclusive. I have to have surgery next week to have it removed. Still don't know if it's cancer.

I am trying to catch up and to catch my pen pals up on the things going on, but life happens :) Forgive me if I'm late in getting back to you...plus my mom straightened my letter area while I was sick, and I had a SYSTEM! My piles had significant reasons!

Heather

Oh Hun!! Look after yourself!! Hope it all goes well for you! We will ways be here. No expiry dates on replies :-)

DrChumley
August 11th, 2013, 02:18 AM
I would love to get some correspondence as well. You can fire off letters/postcards to me here:

Matt Armstrong
c/o Open Book Audio
PO BOX 58921
Renton, WA 98058

I'll use the PO Box for my Audiobook company for the time being. Once I hear from someone, I'll send you my direct address. I'd love to hear from anyone!

Tracy Lee
August 11th, 2013, 05:46 AM

Heather, my goodness! Please take good care of you and I will be thinking great thoughts and sending my best energy to you for the surgery and benign results. Rest, recover, and we will all be here when you feel up to writing again. No worries on that account at all.

Trixie.in.Dixie
August 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I'm having the very same problem! I received several letters and have only answered two---and I have the rest of the addresses in front of me, waiting for a letter to go inside their envelopes. So, I also apologize!

(Hmmm....I also live in "Dixie"...do you think there's something in the water, Trixie?)

Probably so! :D

ThriveToScribe
August 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Heather

HEATHER----Will be thinking of you and wishing you a total recovery---.Rest well and keep up the good spirit I sense in you. We'll be here for you.

caribbean_skye
August 13th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Heather - I hope all is well and that you're on your way to a swift recovery. Will light a candle or two for you.

Hez
August 16th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Got the news today it is thyroid cancer. Had surgery last Wednesday. Will have surgery again next Monday. Easiest cancer to beat. May feel like writing some soon. May not. Not gonna push myself. Will get back to writing as soon as I can. LOVE he positive energy here!

woosang
August 16th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Many hugs and have a fast recovery!!

KrazyIvan
August 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM
A very fast recovery to you, indeed.

Bogon07
August 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

earthdawn
August 16th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Got the news today it is thyroid cancer. Had surgery last Wednesday. Will have surgery again next Monday. Easiest cancer to beat. May feel like writing some soon. May not. Not gonna push myself. Will get back to writing as soon as I can. LOVE he positive energy here!

In my thoughts... all the best to a speedy recovery....

writingrav
August 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Blessings and prayers for a complete recovery.

cwent2
August 16th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Blessings and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery!

Tracy Lee
August 17th, 2013, 05:07 AM

My goodness, not the answer anyone wants to hear for sure. But my bet is on you kicking its butt and we are cheering you on in a big way. Please let us know if we can do anything. And don't be surprised to see some letters from me or cards, no response required. :sly:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

ypsilanti
August 17th, 2013, 07:54 AM

Keeping you and your family in good thoughts! Thank you for letting us know how you're doing. I'm happy you're giving us the opportunity to send you good vibes. Wish we were close enough to bring you casseroles.

heath
August 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM

My family will be praying for you and your family.

yipe
August 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Every time I write a letter I get a text or a phone call back. It's so anti-climactic.

PM me for my address, I'd love to get some handwritten fountain pen-y mail from someone! And I'll reciprocate of course, in terrible overly-large pseudo-Spencerian.

Letters, postcards, conservative inks, colorful inks, nice paper, naughty paper, I'll be very happy to receive anything!

southpaw52
August 24th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Heather prayers for god's healing hand.

southpaw52
August 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM
No worries anyone fresh letters on the way, lagging behind a bit.

imjustmea
August 29th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site. I send and receive postcards through postcrossing.com but I would also love to send and receive letters. I'm in Montreal. If anyone is interested in corresponding, please send me a private message.

Have a great day!
Maria Elena (@imjustmea)

yipe
September 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Just an idea I had, would anyone like to exchange fictional letters? What I mean by fictional letter is a letter whose contents don't correspond (completely unintentional pun) with reality. Like sending a letter that tells all about your first month in the Intergalactic Police Force, or that tells about the Cthulhu monster you've been spotting in the pond behind your house. A love letter sent to someone you aren't actually in love with. Basically just combine letter-writing and fiction. Tell a story with your letter, you get the idea.

There's probably already a term for this, I just don't know what it is.

If anyone would like to exchange fictional letters, pm me for my address or send me yours! I think this could be a lot of fun.

If you think this is a stupid idea, pm me for my address and write me a letter about it.

All the ideas I have at the moment for fictional letters are horror themed, so if you don't like horror include that fact in your PM and I'll make sure your letter is something nice.

tandaina
September 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Hmm, could be a fun way to collaborate on a short story? I'd be in, but am on vacation and not really in a place to write right now!

gwgtaylor
September 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Update: back to Canada in 3 weeks.

I'll give the hotel some cash for the odd letter that slips through.

Thanks everyone!

Tracy Lee
September 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hey guys, new address is here until mid January:

Gerald Taylor
Suite 801
Discovery Suites
25 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center
Pasig City 1600
Philippines

Have a great day everyone!

Noted, have safe travels and I'll be in touch.

KrazyIvan
September 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Wow, that's a long way from Canada. :)

Bogon07
September 15th, 2013, 12:53 AM

Gerald Taylor
Suite 801
Discovery Suites
Pasig City 1600
Philippines

Goody I can use some cheaper international stamps.
Enjoy the change of climate.

writingrav
September 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM

Gerald Taylor
Suite 801
Discovery Suites
Pasig City 1600
Philippines

Safe journey!

gwgtaylor
September 15th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone!! I hope to get caught up on letters in my downtime. Cheers!

writingrav
September 16th, 2013, 04:35 AM
I'm hoping mine will be the first one to reach you at your new address. :)

ndw76
September 17th, 2013, 04:10 AM
My mailbox has been depressingly empty the last few weeks.

I will reply to all letters

Nathan Walker
525/327 Townplus Pracha-uthit
Pracha-uthit Road
Tungkru
Bangkok 10140
Thailand

gwgtaylor
September 17th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I'm hoping mine will be the first one to reach you at your new address. :)

:-) thanks Ira! Will let you know in my response.

Mags
September 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM

Gerald Taylor
Suite 801
Discovery Suites
Pasig City 1600
Philippines

Is there a postal/zip code to use to send you a Canuck note?

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks

Bogon07
September 22nd, 2013, 05:12 PM

Gerald Taylor
Suite 801
Discovery Suites
Pasig City 1600
Philippines

Is there a postal/zip code to use to send you a Canuck note?

I think 1600 is the postcode for Pasig City.

youstruckgold
September 25th, 2013, 02:51 AM
writing

Mags
September 25th, 2013, 04:33 AM
sending out a letter to you gerald.today.

gwgtaylor
September 25th, 2013, 05:48 AM
sending out a letter to you gerald.today.

Thanks Mags! :-)

Mags
September 28th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Your welcome it was in the mail before the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

lexbomb
September 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
This is only my second post in this forum but I would love to join up and write some letters. My hand writing is defiantly nothing amazing but I will always respond. I am 25 from South Australia and I'm into collecting vintage razors, marine fish/coral and computers. Happy to write about anything to anyone. Please PM me for my address.

Thanks again
Lex

vishae
September 29th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I only just found out about InCoWriMo recently, and though I know the next one is not until next year I wouldn't mind get some letter writing done now.

I'll be leaving on a holiday to Cape Town in October, but I'll reply as soon as I return.

I live in Victoria, Australia, love photography, scrapbooking (all sorts of crafting actually) and any kind of anime/manga. Please PM me for my address.

VertOlive
November 12th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Is this still going? I think I'm in but not sure what to do exactly. Are there topics?

Thanks,
Vo

earthdawn
November 12th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Is this still going? I think I'm in but not sure what to do exactly. Are there topics?

Thanks,
Vo

It goes year round here..

Look through the thread and see if theres anyone you have met here and want to write to. Some have thier address up and some say to PM them, just cause they dont want their address out in the open etc...

Subjects vary from people writing stories to pen talk ... which is most of mine. Talking about a new pen while writing the letter with it as well as the ink used or new inks acquired. Paper talk and stationary etc... It's pretty open and a great way to work on handwriting.

Don't be shy at all and jump right in... 1 person or 10 it's a fun thing to do.

Titivillus
November 13th, 2013, 08:19 AM
tried this by sending out 3 letters and have received zero in return.

Tracy Lee
November 13th, 2013, 06:31 PM

Uh oh, that's not right! It does take time. Hopefully you'll hear from people soon.

woosang
November 14th, 2013, 01:36 AM

Really? We are usually pretty good with replying even if it takes a month or two. Maybe write to us more prolific letter ppl?? I agree with Tracey Lee its not the norm not to get anything

writingrav
November 14th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Try me, I will definitely reply. Or PM your address and I'll start.

Ira Stone
700 Commodore Court
Philadelphia, PA 19146

Sailor Kenshin
November 14th, 2013, 05:34 AM

Really? We are usually pretty good with replying even if it takes a month or two. Maybe write to us more prolific letter ppl?? I agree with Tracey Lee its not the norm not to get anything

Happened to me, too, with someone who said 'Will answer all letters.'

Shrug.

Tracy Lee
November 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Do write to Ira, he is a fantastic one pal. I'm very steady too, if I say so myself. My address is in the thread or PM me with yours and I'll start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cwent2
November 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Do write to Ira, he is a fantastic one pal. I'm very steady too, if I say so myself. My address is in the thread or PM me with yours and I'll start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

+1 - she is steady!

earthdawn
November 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Ugh ... I need to get a few out myself!!!

Now that Fountain Pen Day is done for this year I need to get back in gear and respond... sorry to my InCo pals :cry:

Titivillus
November 15th, 2013, 09:13 AM

Uh oh, that's not right! It does take time. Hopefully you'll hear from people soon.

Would like tot think it could happen but a few months have gone by.

Titivillus
November 15th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Think the letters out were about 3 pages each which is what really burns my bottom as I took time to craft a nice letter but nothing in response.

In any Case PM me for my address- I have given up being the initiator of correspondence, too much time and money for no returm.

VertOlive
November 17th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Very excited to have received my first letter yesterday. I squirrelled around trying to decide which pen,ink, and paper to use in reply. Not that I have many choices (!) Then worried over my 2 USPS stamp selections as both not quite being right. I did manage to get a grip and got a letter together ready to post.

That was some serious fun!

VO

caribbean_skye
November 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it does take a while like Tracy-Lee said, depending on what's going on and how deep our reply-to stack is. It is a bit depressing to write long, well-crafted first letters and receive nothing in response. Been there, done that. Hang in there!

I can certainly vouch for Ira and Tracy-Lee, which reminds me, I owe them both letters.

And while I remember, are you sure they've received them? I mailed an anniversary card to my parents 6 weeks ago (usually takes 2 weeks to get there) and they haven't received it yet.

Bogon07
November 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it does take a while like Tracy-Lee said, depending on what's going on and how deep our reply-to stack is. It is a bit depressing to write long, well-crafted first letters and receive nothing in response. Been there, done that. Hang in there!

I can certainly vouch for Ira and Tracy-Lee, which reminds me, I owe them both letters.

And while I remember, are you sure they've received them? I mailed an anniversary card to my parents 6 weeks ago (usually takes 2 weeks to get there) and they haven't received it yet.

Did you remember to put a return address on your letter ?

Time seems to go slowly when waiting of pens and letters. Maybe they are still trying to compose a long & well-crafted response to you.

I often wonder how many I've mis-addressed or just plain gone astray in the mail system.
Ira (Writingrav) said he rec'd one of my incorrectly addressed letters but luckily he is so well known by his postmen/women they knew where it should go.

VertOlive
November 19th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I hope Ira gets my first one. Just realized I addressed it with a regular fountain pen ink and no overlay of wax or hairspray as I was just told some people do. So....the address might get washed off. That would be so newb.....

Tracy Lee
November 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I hope Ira gets my first one. Just realized I addressed it with a regular fountain pen ink and no overlay of wax or hairspray as I was just told some people do. So....the address might get washed off. That would be so newb.....

Should be fine. I always use fountain pen ink with no treatment of any kind. So far so good. :)

caribbean_skye
November 19th, 2013, 06:46 PM

Time seems to go slowly when waiting of pens and letters. Maybe they are still trying to compose a long & well-crafted response to you.

Yeah I am lazy so I have pre-printed return address labels that I just stick on the envelopes.

No kidding about time going slowly. Ahh well, if this keeps up it may be the new year since this is the time of the year when people start getting extremely busy.

When it rains I just stick clear tape over the address.

snedwos
November 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I would like to apologise to anyone who I may have failed to write back to, I fell off the wagon, what with big life shift. I'll et back into t come incowri mo hopefully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

VertOlive
November 23rd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Well. I got one letter. I wrote one letter. I'm down for this! Hope you don't mind my stamps...

Diana Vredeveld
1653 W. Kentview Dr. N.E.
Grand Rapids, MI 49505

woosang
November 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
I'll happily reply to all who wrote to me but I am slightly busy so allow a month at least. Also being almost Xmas, mail is getting slower!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

VertOlive
November 24th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Ha! Now that I have my Seven Seas pad and some ink, no one is safe! Three whole letters ready for the Monday mail!

VO

Bogon07
November 26th, 2013, 01:58 AM

I often wonder how many I've mis-addressed or just plain gone astray in the mail system.
Ira (Writingrav) said he rec'd one of my incorrectly addressed letters but luckily he is so well known by his postmen/women they knew where it should go.

Oh the irony, my last letter was returned all the way from the USA because I put the wrong zip code on it !

ThriveToScribe
November 26th, 2013, 02:10 AM
In the US, especially in a smaller town, it's a great benefit if your Mail Carrier knows you well! (And likes to help) Because they will usually give you the mail even with a mistake on it.But ONLY if it gets past the monstrous first sorting office in the major town before being sent to the Post Office which serves you. Some of the "first sorters" have problems reading script or European numbers & the machines will reject them & rather than do the corrections by hand, they send the letters back. You just never know when you write to US.
Luckily most of it gets through out of the millions & billions of world-traveling letters & packages.

KrazyIvan
November 26th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I have been away from my inbox for the past 14 days. I have several letters waiting. I got one reply out that somehow was missed from a previous mailing. It was sitting in my mail folder waiting for postage but got mixed up in another section of my folder. I got another reply written and it is being prepared for mailing. 8 more letters are still in my reply queue.

woosang
November 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Slowly getting through my pile. Alas starting another bout of day shifts so more delays

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

ThriveToScribe
November 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=woosang;52561]Slowly getting through my pile. Alas starting another bout of day shifts so more delays

I can relate, as I always dreaded going on days after being on nights. Seems I had trouble adjusting to morning. Got more done off hours. Good luck!

From your very late penpal who will be back in touch soon. Honest!

~~~Thérèse

gwgtaylor
November 30th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Hey everyone! Found out I'm going back to Canada early and I'll be home for Christmas! :-) Leaving the Philippines in three weeks so please direct letters and replies to:

Gerald Taylor
551-250A Eglinton Ave. E.
Toronto, ON M4P 3E1
Canada

Thanks everyone!

Mags
November 30th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Hey Gerald. The Tomoe River Paper group purchase is on again. Send Simone a PM if you are interested. I left a note on our Toronto pages you wanted another 500. If it is more can you to be safe confirm with Simone please. I think she wanted a deposit but if that is a big deal PM me and I can front your deposit. I am in Toronto on Dec 17th if I need to run her up some money for you,

gwgtaylor
December 1st, 2013, 07:39 PM
Hey Gerald. The Tomoe River Paper group purchase is on again. Send Simone a PM if you are interested. I left a note on our Toronto pages you wanted another 500. If it is more can you to be safe confirm with Simone please. I think she wanted a deposit but if that is a big deal PM me and I can front your deposit. I am in Toronto on Dec 17th if I need to run her up some money for you,

Thanks Mags. :-) I'll PM her for sure and I'll offer to email her the cash. Cheers!

Mags
December 2nd, 2013, 04:04 AM
You're welcome Messr Taylor. :)

jennkotu89
December 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I am totally in!

Jennie Kotulski
76 George Street
Middletown, CT 06457

I really don't have a preference as to postcards/letters/etc. I am up for it all!
hope to hear from you guys!

benjitzu
December 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
New here and this sounds like fun!

Ben Austin
100 Park Ave W #708
Denver, CO 80205

I'm up for any and all correspondence. Looking forward to connecting :)

b

Sailor Kenshin
December 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Still waiting for response from a couple sent, one many moons ago. :(

writingrav
December 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I'll get to you this week, Ben.

New here and this sounds like fun!

Ben Austin
100 Park Ave W #708
Denver, CO 80205

I'm up for any and all correspondence. Looking forward to connecting :)

b

Adhizen
December 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'm interesting in writing more and exercising my nibs....so here is my address:
Adhi
338 Thompson Road
Shelburne, Vermont 05482

My replies might come from places around and about depending on
my travels...

Nigel
December 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I would be most interesting in corresponding with a few people. I am a single male in his 50's located in The Netherlands in the city of Justice and Peace.
Please PM me for my address.

HighLife
December 27th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hello,

I would love to correspond with someone in Japan. I am a married male, 52, living in Southeast Florida. If interested, DM me for my addy.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

flaviocu
December 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Hi all

I'm always looking for reasons to use my fountain pens and what better reason could there be than to write a letter. Please PM for for my address. I'm from switzerland and happy to send letters or postcards/cards.

I'm 34, married, two kids (6/12) and work as a manager in the it/finance industry. My hobbies include (fps aside) reading (fiction and non-fiction), learning new things, makeing stuff, different sports, life never gets boring.

Please PM me for my address or if you want me to start first, just send me your address.

VertOlive
December 29th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Arggh! Just realized I am not caught up! Got a lovely postcard a moon or so ago and finally answered it! Blaming this on the Christmas crush and posting a reply tomorrow....:redface:

cwent2
December 29th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Arggh! Just realized I am not caught up! Got a lovely postcard a moon or so ago and finally answered it! Blaming this on the Christmas crush and posting a reply tomorrow....:redface:

Not directly related, but saw a post earlier that you ordered some pens for your husband to give you for Christmas --- That's priceless and had me lmao.

Thanks!

Carl

uranium236
December 31st, 2013, 09:35 PM
I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a non-sketchy, non-prisoner related penpal site. I am super excited about this. :) Wow.

I'm 32, female, and a really, really, disgustingly reliable correspondence partner. Normally, that and a subway token will get me on the subway. But maybe it'll come in handy here. :) I'd like to swap letters with someone in the United States.

I work as an editor, translating what engineers write into English. My heart really belongs in suicide prevention, though - I've been volunteering on a hotline for a long time. I own two rescue dogs (one is blind), I like cheap red wine, and I'm intensely organized. No kids, never married. My coworkers mostly know me for my high heels. I'm pretty sure it's more admiration than jealousy, but I work with two dozen men with no social skills. I never really know what to expect.

If you want to swap letters, please PM me with your address and a little bit about yourself. I'm really looking forward to it!

Toulouse
January 1st, 2014, 04:50 PM
Hi. My name is Todd and I'm a letter-holic and a faithful responder.

My handwriting is readable; my letter topics variable. I'm more than willing to chat about pens, paper and ink, but my letters tend to be about everyday stuff - what I'm having for dinner, our latest yard project, what my kids are up to and such.

I'm a 63 year old happily married man, father of two grown girls, liberal leaning, and a retired university professional.

Looking forward to corresponding with all near and far.

Please PM for my address.

ThriveToScribe
January 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a non-sketchy, non-prisoner related penpal site. I am super excited about this. :) Wow.

I'm 32, female, and a really, really, disgustingly reliable correspondence partner. Normally, that and a subway token will get me on the subway. But maybe it'll come in handy here. :) I'd like to swap letters with someone in the United States.

I work as an editor, translating what engineers write into English. My heart really belongs in suicide prevention, though - I've been volunteering on a hotline for a long time. I own two rescue dogs (one is blind), I like cheap red wine, and I'm intensely organized. No kids, never married. My coworkers mostly know me for my high heels. I'm pretty sure it's more admiration than jealousy, but I work with two dozen men with no social skills. I never really know what to expect.

If you want to swap letters, please PM me with your address and a little bit about yourself. I'm really looking forward to it!

Just to let you know, there's a "snail mail" group (or, as I call it, "poste à l'escargot") that's been around a while. They put out a magazine with listings and articles and "ghost letters". I joined when it began then lost touch, but they're still around and they do have a website now where you can take a peek before joining.

The Letter Exchange - Connecting Snail Mail Pen Pals Since 1982 (http://letter-exchange.com/)

However, FPGeeks has some really great people to write to, too! Good luck!

ThriveToScribe
January 1st, 2014, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=uranium236;57586]

I work as an editor, translating what engineers write into English.

Being married to an Engineer, I think this is so hilarious---and accurate!

mtnbiker62
January 1st, 2014, 06:21 PM
Hi all,

I made a list of everyone I could think of to write to, and it was quickly apparent that there aren't enough people there to make it through the whole month of February. I am really looking for a way to use my fountain pens more, and InCoWriMo looks like just the opportunity I've been looking for. My name is Randy. I'm 51 years old, male, happily married for 29 years, with two grown children (1 married and 1 in college). I have reasonably legible, cursive handwriting (thanks to my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Larsen), live in Utah, and may be one of the few liberal Mormons left. :D I'm a software support engineer, and I enjoy computers, mountain bikes and pens (quite a combo, eh?). I also lived in Japan for 18 months a very long time ago, so I have more than a passing interest in things Japanese. Hopefully something I said piqued your interest; if so, PM me for my address, and we can get this InCoWriMo thing going!

Bogon07
January 1st, 2014, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=uranium236;57586]

Being married to someone with an Engineering Degree I'll second that - as long as she doesn't read this post.

Tracy Lee
January 2nd, 2014, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE=uranium236;57586]

Being married to someone with an Engineering Degree I'll second that - as long as she doesn't read this post.

I will carry the motion as I am also married to an engineer, AND I work for NASA so when you talk about translating what engineers write or say into something comprehensible to anyone else, I will just say . . . have mercy, this is my life. :rolleyes::eek::what:

cwent2
January 2nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=uranium236;57586]

I will carry the motion as I am also married to an engineer, AND I work for NASA so when you talk about translating what engineers write or say into something comprehensible to anyone else, I will just say . . . have mercy, this is my life. :rolleyes::eek::what:

And just to be me - Who translates LEGALEZE into something comprehensible?

Sailor Kenshin
January 2nd, 2014, 11:12 AM

Just to let you know, there's a "snail mail" group (or, as I call it, "poste à l'escargot") that's been around a while. They put out a magazine with listings and articles and "ghost letters". I joined when it began then lost touch, but they're still around and they do have a website now where you can take a peek before joining.

The Letter Exchange - Connecting Snail Mail Pen Pals Since 1982 (http://letter-exchange.com/)

However, FPGeeks has some really great people to write to, too! Good luck!

Yeah, Lex...met at least one lifelong friend there. Excellent.

dagrasso1
January 9th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'm in:

Daniel Grasso
445 E Williams St.
Owosso, MI 48867

Just don't stalk/kill/hurt me please lol

vgrasso
January 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I'm in:
Victoria Grasso
445 E Williams St.
Owosso MI 48867

Anzara
January 14th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Hi there everyone! I'm -very- new to this. I'd never even heard of InCoWriMo before now! I've always wanted to write letters, but I never had anyone to write to. :( I'm a 23 year old application developer. I like to play video games, read, program, and I am currently writing a book. I own two cats, a dog, and a bearded dragon. I can talk about anything, really. I have degrees in both Computer Science MIS and Accounting, and I'm definitely bored. I am making my own video game, as well, if that matters at all. x3

If anyone would like to swap addresses, please send me a PM~

kaisnowbird
January 14th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Hi Anzara, the 2014 InCoWriMo participation/pen pals addresses swapping thread is here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5447-Official-2014-InCoWriMo-Participation-Thread).

The InCo website also has a list of 28 persons' addresses (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/these-28-people-would-love-to-receive-your-incowrimo-correspondence/)for you to write to - one for each day of February. Have fun and kick your boredom in the behind. :)

DPWilkens
January 18th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I'm jumping into the 2014 letter-writing month but always enjoy hand written messages & etc.
Daniel Wilkens
2092 Farleigh Road
Upper Arlington, Ohio 43221

None of my offline family or friends are into writing letters that I know of, so ironically I'm going to the Internet for snail mail correspondents.

Jasamine
January 19th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Definitely Joining!

Jasamine Lee
Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
Blk 571 #07-3273
S560571

Dreck
January 20th, 2014, 02:44 PM

My oldest son has a degree in Biomedical Engineering from RHIT. He's fairly socially adept, but some of his college stories really cracked us up.

Q: How can you tell if an Engineer is an introvert or an extrovert?

A: Extroverted Engineers look down at other peoples' shoes when they speak instead of looking down at their own

jfsisler
January 21st, 2014, 04:39 AM
And just to be me - Who translates LEGALEZE into something comprehensible?

Sadly as a paralegal, I think I just perpetrate legalease on an unsuspecting world:(

RuiFromUK
January 21st, 2014, 05:30 AM
Since there is a new thread for 2014 maybe one of the moderators could freeze this thread (close it to new entries) so that new interested parties will post in the 2014 thread?

Also if that is possible maybe just copy the few 2014 entries from this thread to the new thread as well?

Kind regards,

Rui

rye256
February 1st, 2014, 08:42 AM
I would love to participate! I have written back and forth with people from last year, but I would love to write to more people.

Ryan Petrey
3600 Old Forest Road
Sterling Park 117
Lynchburg, VA 24501
USA

writingrav
February 2nd, 2014, 09:19 AM
I would love to participate! I have written back and forth with people from last year, but I would love to write to more people.

Ryan Petrey
3600 Old Forest Road
Sterling Park 117
Lynchburg, VA 24501
USA

You're in today's batch.

bianibi
February 8th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone, I would love to receive some snail mail! If you're interested, please send me a PM, a little about me:
- 24 years old, married, no kids.
- Working towards two majors, mathematics and art history.
- Liberal views on almost anything.

Salya
February 13th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I was really excited to learn about InCoWriMo. I've been looking for some more penpals, and this is perfect. I'd love to extend the practice beyond February. Please send me a PM for my address and tell me a little bit about yourself.

Mags
February 14th, 2014, 04:45 AM
4 more letters inked up and off to the mail box later today. Thanks for the letters thus far.

Sailor Kenshin
February 14th, 2014, 04:55 AM
I'm writing them, but mail's not getting picked up. Or delivered. 'Through rain and sleet etc.' has evidently morphed into 'When and if we feel like it.'

gwgtaylor
February 14th, 2014, 12:55 PM
4 more letters inked up and off to the mail box later today. Thanks for the letters thus far.

Four ink samples will be delivered to you on Monday. Let me know how you like them.

Mags
February 14th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I sure will thanks very much.

TerraNoir
February 26th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Would it be rude of me to add my address here?

caribbean_skye
February 26th, 2014, 08:10 PM
not at all

TerraNoir
February 27th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Alrighty! Since InCoWriMo is coming to an end. I have decided to be a little less shy and openly welcome all letters. I shall write back promptly as well.

Ronay Chase
4431 N. Spaulding Ave.
Apt 1.
Chicago, IL 60625
USA

Toulouse
March 4th, 2014, 03:58 AM
I love to write letters and will write and continue to write to all who write me. But be warned, my letters have been known to get a bit long.

Todd Toulouse
736 River Edge Court
Flushing, MI 48433
USA