PDA

View Full Version : Sheaffer with a two tone stub AND flex nib

Franklinsuun
November 13th, 2016, 12:09 AM
This is a quite rare vintage plunger filler Sheaffer pen with a two tone, stub AND 14k flex nib. The nib is super flexible as you can see in the photos. I bought the pen for 300$ Australian from Greg Minuskin who had fully serviced and repaired the pen. It is in perfect working order. I'm selling this pen on for 250$ Australian.

I'll post internationally for the low low flat price of 15$.

Thanks!

Francis.

stub
November 13th, 2016, 01:35 AM
Touchdown (pneumatic) or Plunger (Vac-fil?) ? That sure looks like a Touchdown pen to me. Is the blind cap attached to a thin rod or a fat tube?

Franklinsuun
November 13th, 2016, 01:40 AM
Hi, Stub.

I believe the pen is a Plunger. The blind cap is attached to a fat tube.

Cheers,

Francis.

stub
November 13th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Then indeed it is a Touchdown (pneumatic). White dot? Looks like a Touchdown Statesman but the nib also looks narrow. But those TD Statesmen pens had 2 different models and used 2 or 3 different nibs so it is confusing. Just trying to nail down what this pen is. I have one TD Statesman this is flexible but it is a fat first year pen (1949ish).

Franklinsuun
November 13th, 2016, 01:52 AM
Absolutely! I don't have a wealth of knowledge, identifying the different lines of the vintage fountain pens. The pen has a white dot just above the cap clip. Let me know if I can help out at all. I don't have a high quality camera on me anymore, but I can take whatever phone photos of the pen you like to help you identify it. That'd be super interesting for me too.

Franklinsuun
November 13th, 2016, 01:56 AM
The second pen down in this link is almost exactly my pen. The black pen with the two tone nib.

http://www.penhero.com/PenGallery/Sheaffer/SheafferTouchdownEarly.htm

The pen measures 11.5cm uncapped, 13cm capped, and is roughly 1cm wide at the barrel.