PDA

View Full Version : New visconti limited edition HS - red wine

crystn625
November 17th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Hi All,

Have you seen the new Visconti LE, thoughts? I do like all the demonstrators they are making, just wish they added some sort of ink window and kept the lava!

Link: http://www.andersonpens.com/Visconti-Homo-Sapiens-Red-Wine-Limited-Edition-p/visconti-redwine.htm

:)

VegHead
November 17th, 2016, 07:07 PM
I think they got that one wrong.... And the price!

mulrich
November 17th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Price is definitely more than I expected even after the discount off MSRP. Such is Visconti LE

RocketRyan
November 17th, 2016, 11:25 PM
I know there's only 30, but the price is really steep.

Bogon07
November 18th, 2016, 12:34 AM
Should have been more like the Crystal or Florentin Hills than a transparent red.

CaptainRon
November 18th, 2016, 04:30 AM
It looks nice, and it'd be fun to have. But for me, never at that price.

But I can say never at that price about many many things!

crystn625
November 18th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I agree the price is steep and at that price it is definitely not a spur of the moment purchase.

Llewellyn
November 22nd, 2016, 05:54 AM
I'm no fan of what Visconti have been doing with the Homo Sapiens but that is the worst of the lot. Nothing to distinguish it at all, apart from the price :jaw:

Monkey
November 22nd, 2016, 06:04 AM
I love Visconti pens, even if crazy money means I'll likely never own more than my one little Dalì (regular line of course), their pens are gorgeous and unique. This, though? It's...just a red demonstrator pen. Where is the originality?! That price, for a totally bland run-of-the-mill pen? Insane.

Llewellyn
November 23rd, 2016, 01:17 AM
I love Visconti pens, even if crazy money means I'll likely never own more than my one little Dalì (regular line of course), their pens are gorgeous and unique. This, though? It's...just a red demonstrator pen. Where is the originality?! That price, for a totally bland run-of-the-mill pen? Insane.

I love, love, love Visconti pens but some of their recent offerings really seem to lack imagination. The relaunched "Classic" and Ragtime series which are basically el cheapo versions of the originals in different colours, and now this. As you say it's basically a red demonstrator........big deal. The Homo Sapiens to me is all about the lava body, not the same design in different coloured plastics. They are in arguably the best country in the world when it comes to design and this is the best they can do. Very disappointing.

broadoblique
November 23rd, 2016, 09:56 AM
I received mine. I'm happy I got it, and very happy with the color.
It's not red wine/burgundy color as much as cognac, or maybe wine that's turned. I'd call it a brown/red. A beautiful pen anyway. And I find the Homo Sapiens is of near ideal dimensions for my hand.

StacyBean
November 25th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Enjoy it in good health and fountain pen joy!

RocketRyan
December 15th, 2016, 05:29 PM
The dark age version is cool actually.

frmamede
December 16th, 2016, 06:48 AM
Well, the Homo Sapiens is, today, one of my most wanted pens. I think the lava body is awesome, the design fits my fancy, and I like the idea of a palladium nib. Plus, I believe the HS is worth it's price. But this LE is a bit too much for me. As little as I know about FP's (just starting the hobby), it seems to be the case with most LE pens. Steep prices because of a numbered pen. Even if the design is super different and new, I always find them too expensive for my taste. But again, maybe that's just me, as a beginner.