PDA

View Full Version : Hi fountain pen folks. David in SF.

dsolmei
March 2nd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hi Folks,

My name is David. I'm presently a graduate student in San Francisco, CA. I first developed my inky fingers after using a Pilot Varsity to write a research article during September 2012. My pocket-book has never been the same, but writing with a fountain pen brings moments of sublime joy throughout the day. Here's a list of my small collection:

-- Parker 51 Aerometric, Black, EF
-- Parker 45, Black, B
-- Sheaffer Snorkel Saratoga, Burgundy, F
-- Sheaffer Balance Plunger-Filler, Marine Green Stripe, F
-- Targa by Sheaffer, Stainless Steel, B
-- Esterbrook SJ, Copper, 2668 M
-- Esterbrook J, Blue, 9668 Firm M
-- Lamy Safaris, Green and Black, Both M
-- Pelikan m200, Green, M
-- Pelikan m400, Green Stripe, B
-- Noodler's Konrad, Orange, Flex
-- Wearever Pioneer Frankenpen, Yellow/Black, Waterman Ideal Full Flex Nib
-- Wahl Pen Flat-top, Rosewood Grain Rubber, EF
-- Wahl Pen Flat-top, Black Hard Rubber, Flexible Signature Nib

I'm looking forward to picking-up a Bexley Corona, Faber-Castell Ondoro, Pelikan m805, and a couple more Parker 51's over the next year. Here's to many more years of pigmented phalanges.

Cheers!

writingrav
March 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Welcome to Geekland David. That's some" small" collection!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

caribbean_skye
March 2nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome welcome.

KrazyIvan
March 2nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side.

TheRoXFiles
March 2nd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Hi from Chicago! Welcome :)

Bogon07
March 3rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hi Dsolmei and welcome to the FPG forum.

That is quite a range in your pen collection. Is your ink collection just as encompassing ?

southpaw52
March 5th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Greetings David, welcome to Geekdom. Very nice assortment of fountain pens in your collection.

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Nice collection!
Welcome!

cedargirl
March 5th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi there David

dsolmei
March 7th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Hi Folks. I have a few inks on hand. Noodler's black, Waterman Florida blue, Herbin violette penseé, Diamine ancient copper, and Pilot blue. All are highly recommended. I'm on the search for a great permanent blue-black +/- shading. Noodler's 54th Mass has some great properties, but I'm not the biggest fan of its color. I'm thinking that Sailor jentle blue-black might be where the money is. If anyone would like to trade ink samples, feel free to send me a message.

I appreciate the warm welcome. Thanks.

jfsisler
March 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Hi Folks,

Here's to many more years of pigmented phalanges.

I love how you put this:) I think I'll have to steal...ahem, gently borrow this phrase:D Sadly, I had a Sheaffer Targa that my grandmother gave me for my 15th birthday and I lost it in the early 2000's....that broke my heart. My first ever pen and I have no idea what happened to it but I carried it proudly throughout high school and college. Love your collection of pens.

Tracy Lee
March 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Welcome David, great list of pens. I didn't see Visconti on there but you must have just forgot. Or you are working on that. Yeah, working on that. ;):D I think most of us have the same wallet issues, but so worth it, right? Glad you joined us.