PDA

View Full Version : Montblance set - Big thanks to Jar for helping make this happen

Sammyo
November 22nd, 2016, 05:32 AM
So, a while ago I was sorting out a few things (long story), and came across an MB velvet, three pencase. Inside I found a 281 lever ballpoint pen and a 251 mechanical pencil. I was obviously sad that there was no fountain pen, so I always wanted to fill the third shot in the case with the right pen. Time passed and by chance the infamous Jar was now selling a 221 with what looked like a fat nib (suits my personal preference!), I had to snap it up. It arrived today, and I am one very happy camper. Below are some pics of the set, sorry about the quality, they were taken and edited with my phone as I wanted to get them up quickly.

A big thank you to Jar for being willing to ship internationally. Great guy, great seller, great pen... the nib is so wonderfully smooth and wet, an absolute pleasure to write with!!!

jar
November 22nd, 2016, 06:19 AM
Yeah, it is an amazing nib. Honestly you don't find ones like that on modern Montblancs. There is a 12 with a very unusual right foot oblique nib that is also truly amazing and one of the very few right foot obliques I've even found.

migo984
November 22nd, 2016, 06:20 AM
I love it when a plan comes together. Congratulations on the "birth" of your triplets :applause:

FredRydr
November 22nd, 2016, 10:11 AM
Very cool to complete the set!

Fred

Chrissy
November 22nd, 2016, 10:20 AM
Congratulations on making up your set. :) That's great! :applause:

I've been looking at jar's pens for sale and regretting living in the UK. :(

pajaro
November 22nd, 2016, 12:53 PM
That's a great set. Jar is a discriminating collector.

Barry Gabay
November 23rd, 2016, 09:05 AM
And aside from his experience and knowledge, jar is a true gentleman. Enjoy the turkey. Don't eat the feathers.

RocketRyan
November 23rd, 2016, 02:34 PM
I love things like this :)