PDA

View Full Version : FS: 10 VINTAGE FPs - Conklin, Parker, Eversharp, Sheaffer

popcod
November 27th, 2016, 09:31 AM
A batch of 10 vintage fountain pens (2 sets) to offer this weekend:

http://i.imgur.com/UZ7e991.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dAoVhW2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BbV3vwj.jpg

Condition: All of these pens have been restored in the last couple months with new rubbers and filling systems completely overhauled. Each is guaranteed to fill as designed without leaks and to write smoothly and consistently. Unless otherwise noted below, they have no chips, cracks, personal engravings, bent nibs, illegible imprints, misaligned tines, missing parts, or threading issues.

1. 1930s Conklin sub-Symetrik (green marble), EF 14k Conklin Toledo nib with some flexibility (EF to M). An unusually long example of this model in excellent condition with bright green color free of discoloration. Only noteworthy flaw is a sliver of brassing to the edge of the lower cap band on the backside – detected under a loupe (roughly 5% of the band) - rest of trim is free of wear.
SOLD - thanks Hawk!

2. 1945 Parker Vacumatic Major (Azure Blue). EF TWO-TONE 14k Parker Vac Arrow nib. The two-tone nib is a bit scarce on Majors, especially this late. Often found exclusively on blue Majors from '45. Slightly longer model at 5 3/16" capped. Excellent condition with bright color and no plating loss on nib, but there is some wear to the cap band (roughly 10%) and the barrel has very little transparency. Fully disassembled, cleaned, and restored with new diaphragm – guaranteed to fill to full capacity without leaks.
SOLD - thanks robertjwarren!

3. 1945 Parker Vacumatic Major (Silver Pearl). F monotone 14k Parker Vac Arrow nib. Excellent condition with high point plating wear on the tassie, arrow of the clip, and bottom of the cap band. Color is good and fairly good transparency with ink/breather tube visible, but of a somewhat ambered hue between the stripes. Fully disassembled, cleaned, and restored with new diaphragm – guaranteed to fill to full capacity without leaks.
SOLD (on another board)

4. 1937 Parker Royal Challenger (full-sized, grey herringbone). This is the largest model, measuring 5 1/8" capped. Proper 14k F, semi-flex "Parker Pen" nib. Some wear to the top half of imprint (about half worn away), but the rest is fully legible. Minor high-point brassing to the stepped areas of the clip, about 10% to the edge of the bottom cap band visible under a loupe, and the tassie shows some micro-scratches. But on the whole, the trim is exceptionally bright and clean in comparison to most of these pens with chrome plating, which was far more prone to unsightly wear.
SOLD (on another board)

5. 1950s Parker 51 Special (full-sized, Black). Aerometric filler. Buttery smooth EF nib. Very good condition with only notable flaws being a tiny sliver of plating wear beside the clip (1.6 mm, what's visible in the 1st photo when you zoom in is the extent of it) and 2-3 shallow dings visible on the cap – one is hidden under the clip.
SOLD - thanks dixiehellcat!

6. c.1969 Parker 51 Mk III (II?) (full-sized, Black). Aerometric filler. Unusual 14k B nib with big blob of iridium. Near mint with no flaws to speak of (the finish on the lustraloy cap too is nearly pristine, with just 2-3 micro abrasions on the entire surface). This pen appears to have seen very little use, and may have been surplus stock. It came to me with filler but no pli-glass sac, so I installed a brand new one, yielding crystal clear transparency. After some research, the squared end and thin "clutch ring" point to this being a Mk III, but it has a pearl jewel (as opposed to metal), which all together indicates either late Mk II or early Mk III (anyone know for certain?).
SOLD

7. 1940s Parker 21 (Black). Aerometric filler. EF nib. Near mint, with original sticker, but pen has been inked. Some microscratches consistent with drawer wear but no notable flaws.
Price: $30 $25

8. 1940s Eversharp Skyline set (full-sized, maroon). 14k gold-filled caps in the rather uncommon "Dart" or chevron pattern. F/M FACTORY STUB 14k Eversharp Skyline nib – runs a little on the dry side, so may need a tweak. Near mint, with not a spot of brassing anywhere and caps entirely dent-free. Clicker pencil is also fully functioning with button that can be everted to reveal the eraser.
edit: Thanks to Mr. Kirchheimer for alerting me to something that escaped my notice: there is a small sliver of brassing on each corner of the clip above the double-check mark. In view of this, the condition is downgraded to excellent as opposed to NM. Price reduced to reflect this (note: the rest of the description is accurate as it stands).
Price: SOLD (on another board)

9. late 1930s OS Sheaffer Balance set (Oversize/Premier, Golden Brown). Two-tone 14k Sheaffer Lifetime nib is a smooth and consistent EF. User-grade condition with several cosmetic issues: significant brassing to clip and cap band (though lever is clean), 1 stable hairline crack in the cap lip extending up to the band, some tool marks in the slit of the nib where someone has attempted to widen it (does not affect writing), and I think I feel a subtle flat spot on the barrel where a monogram has been removed (though this is indiscernible to my naked eye). The pencil bears a personalized engraving and has a loose yet functional pocket clip. All the same, the pen is an excellent writer and the pencil is fully functional.
SOLD - thanks Mithical!

10. 1930s Sheaffer Balance Junior (Ebonized Pearl). Semi-flex 14k Sheaffer Junior nib which gives line variation from roughly an EF to M. Excellent condition with factory bright and even color to the mother of pearl flakes (one often finds the layers of celluloid covering them on the barrel to be discolored by the sac). Restored with silicone sac. The trim on these is usually trashed. But this one has been spared for the most part: no discernible brassing to the clip, but a spot on the lever and a couple spots on the back of the cap band (roughly 15%). There is also a scratch around the cap and an area mostly covered by the cap band where the celluloid has worn away to become transparent when held to light (looks to be scratched, definitely not crystallization).
SOLD - thanks theorchidmantis!

Shipping: you may choose between USPS 1st Class with tracking ($4), or USPS Priority with tracking ($7). Please contact me for shipping costs if located outside of CONUS (nt. I will only ship internationally with services offering delivery confirmation/return receipt).

Order, Payment, & Guarantee: Pens are placed on hold for the first person to PM me with firm request to purchase. But if I haven't received Paypal payment within 24 hrs, then they become available to the next person. All my pens are guaranteed to be in the condition in which I've described them. My descriptions are more detailed than most because it's important to me that the buyer knows exactly what s/he is getting. But if I've missed something or the filling mechanism is not fully functional, the buyer may contact me up to 7 days after receiving the pen for a full refund. I've sold pens online for nearly a decade. Please check my past listings here as well as on the classifieds and historical sales forums on FPN (username: Estragon) for some of my previous offerings.

robertjwarren
November 27th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Pm sent for pen 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theorchidmantis
November 27th, 2016, 02:36 PM
PM sent for #10, please!

Mithical
November 27th, 2016, 08:08 PM
PM sent for #9! :)

popcod
December 4th, 2016, 12:45 PM
:bump2: for reductions across the board!

popcod
December 11th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Final reductions on remaining pens :)

popcod
December 11th, 2016, 05:44 PM
A few more photos of the Conklin, which I'm about to put up FS on another board:

http://i.imgur.com/neGgOir.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hi5k7Qu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/onN2r0O.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DNUVjnN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D06OIxN.jpg

Hawk
December 17th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Thank you. The Conklin is beautiful and writes nice.