PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Thank you!

EHV
November 29th, 2016, 02:52 AM
I just wanted to say hello and to offer a huge thanks to all here for sharing your wealth of knowledge and information.

I've been lurking for quite some time and finally decided to join the conversation. I am not a newbie to the FP world though. I had previously accumulated a decent amount of new and vintage pens in the mid-90's but sadly and stupidly, sold them off to fund a different hobby.

Now, I'm back with a vengeance, spending entirely too much money but having a lot of fun and a terrific distraction from an otherwise stressful life.

Again, a huge thank you to all and I look forward to getting to know everyone and hoping to be able to add something worthwhile to this terrific community.

Eric

jar
November 29th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

DaveT
November 29th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Eric, Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Anne
November 29th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Welcome Eric! Which pens or inks have you bought?

WmEdwards
November 29th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Welcome!

Hawk
November 29th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Welcome.

datainadequate
November 29th, 2016, 04:06 PM
:welcome:

EHV
November 30th, 2016, 03:25 AM

Thanks to all for the welcome! It is much appreciated.

Anne, I've hit 53 pens and 62 inks at this point so perhaps best just to mention the highlights, LOL. :)

Modern pen highlights for me are the Pelikan M805 with a medium nib, (the 800 was a highlight for me years ago too and thankfully, the new one does not disappoint).
A Montblanc 146 with a Pendleton Brown Medium BLS nib
The Aurora Optima with Medium nib
Pilot 823 Medium, Pilot Justus 95 Medium, Franklin Christoph 02 w/M-Masuyama Stub, Lamy 2000-Fine, Sheaffer Legacy II-Medium, (NOS), Sailor Pro-Gear Realo-M.
Vintage so far, discovering the Sheaffer PFM-1-2 and 3 are just terrific and an old friend in the Parker 51 NOS that I found again have been ultimate highlights.

As far as inks, I love Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and Ku-Jaku, Visconti Turquoise, Robert Oster Bondi Blue, KWZ Honey, DeAtrimentas Petrol and Silver Grey as well as Sailor Yama Dori, Souten and Oku Yama, Montblanc Irish Green and Oyster Grey.

I've also been a paper hoarder picking up a load of Tomoe River 52 and 68gsm, Rhodia, Clairefontaine, Life, Apica, Franklin Christoph, Maruman, Tsubame, Life, Lihit Labs, etc. mostly out of an obsessive need to compare all of them.

I could drone on but the gist is there, all with no signs of stopping even though I continually hear the screams of my bank account.

Thank you for asking and again, thanks to all for the welcome!

Mister5
November 30th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Welcome and you should bury your wallet deep underground before it's too late!

Anne
November 30th, 2016, 10:31 AM

Thanks to all for the welcome! It is much appreciated.

Anne, I've hit 53 pens and 62 inks at this point so perhaps best just to mention the highlights, LOL. :)

Modern pen highlights for me are the Pelikan M805 with a medium nib, (the 800 was a highlight for me years ago too and thankfully, the new one does not disappoint).
A Montblanc 146 with a Pendleton Brown Medium BLS nib
The Aurora Optima with Medium nib
Pilot 823 Medium, Pilot Justus 95 Medium, Franklin Christoph 02 w/M-Masuyama Stub, Lamy 2000-Fine, Sheaffer Legacy II-Medium, (NOS), Sailor Pro-Gear Realo-M.
Vintage so far, discovering the Sheaffer PFM-1-2 and 3 are just terrific and an old friend in the Parker 51 NOS that I found again have been ultimate highlights.

As far as inks, I love Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and Ku-Jaku, Visconti Turquoise, Robert Oster Bondi Blue, KWZ Honey, DeAtrimentas Petrol and Silver Grey as well as Sailor Yama Dori, Souten and Oku Yama, Montblanc Irish Green and Oyster Grey.

I've also been a paper hoarder picking up a load of Tomoe River 52 and 68gsm, Rhodia, Clairefontaine, Life, Apica, Franklin Christoph, Maruman, Tsubame, Life, Lihit Labs, etc. mostly out of an obsessive need to compare all of them.

I could drone on but the gist is there, all with no signs of stopping even though I continually hear the screams of my bank account.

Thank you for asking and again, thanks to all for the welcome!

Wow:) Well, I am glad that you are back into fountain pens and are enjoying them again.

Wahl
December 2nd, 2016, 01:01 PM
Hi Eric :welcome:

akapulko2020
December 18th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Welcome & Have fun

southpaw52
December 18th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Welcome and enjoy.

Bisquitlips
January 1st, 2017, 08:28 PM
Very glad you are with us! Dive in and enjoy!

Let us know if we can help in any way!

Frank
January 7th, 2017, 02:09 PM
:welcome: