PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Eversharp Skyline

stub
November 29th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Howdy pen nerds!

I am mostly a Sheaffer person but I would like to try a Skyline. Oddly, I have never owned one.

I am somewhat finicky about the ones I like (and don't) and just have never had one roll across my radar in a finish I like, in full size & at a fair price.

Anyone have a Skyline too many?

Flex is nice but not mandatory for me, but I am also not into spidery lines so xfs are out if they are hard nibs.

I adore the red/green stripe, the Dubonnet Red, brown, etc.

(also open to a Symphony, those are lovely)

Thought I would give this a shot.

Lady Onogaro
November 29th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Gary Weimer has one on his Etsy site Midnight Pens. I recommend buying one from him (he posts on FPN).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/494974115/eversharp-skyline-fountain-pen-restored?ref=hp_rv

Womanobsessed
December 4th, 2016, 11:24 PM
I've got one- will pm you.

stub
January 17th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Gary Weimer has one on his Etsy site Midnight Pens. I recommend buying one from him (he posts on FPN).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/494974115/eversharp-skyline-fountain-pen-restored?ref=hp_rv

I've got one- will pm you.

I received one from Womanobessed, which I enjoy, enough that woud like to score a brother or sister for this sweet little old pen. No luck or follow through from Midnight pens so bumping this thread.

bumpity!

rubendh
January 20th, 2017, 02:45 PM
I highly recommend you take a look at the modern (produced since 2015) Wahl-Eversharp Empire pens. They are the modernised Skylines made out of beautifull celluloids!

mmd
January 27th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Are you still looking for one?

mmd
January 27th, 2017, 09:39 PM

NVM. I thought I had one laying around somewhere but just realised that I gave it to someone else.:lazy2:

stub
January 28th, 2017, 03:57 AM

Yes!

stub
January 28th, 2017, 03:58 AM

NVM. I thought I had one laying around somewhere but just realised that I gave it to someone else.:lazy2:

:cry:

Thanks anyway.

cjs
February 3rd, 2017, 10:10 AM
I have a grey moire with gold dome and VERY flesh nib if you are interested.

cjs
February 3rd, 2017, 10:10 AM
That is a FLEXXY nib......😄

Larry Barrieau
February 10th, 2017, 09:11 AM
I wonder what other windows you have open.;)

stub
April 12th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Bump to say it took nearly 5 months but Midnight pens has some sticktoitness. There is a tl;dr i'll spare you but Gary did come through and did send me a nice one that is a good writer and handsome.

Thank you to Lady Onogaro for the reccomendation. It was a very good one. He really came through and found me one that fit my needs perfectly.

I also got a really sharp looking one off WomanObssessed so I now have 2 Skylines and really dig them. Fun pens.

Thanks all.

alexandrec
April 16th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I have a Yellow Cab Edition, but not sure that's what you're looking for.