PDA

View Full Version : TWSBI Vac 20 - Short Review

vhr5
March 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I recently acquired the TWSBI Vac 20. The first time that I used it I must not have had the fountain pen screwed in all the way... I sprayed in all over myself! Thank goodness it wasn't Noodler's Baystate Blue ink! The second time that I used it, it worked like a charm and it filled my Vac 700 right up to the top. I would highly recommend this to other owners of TWSBI Vac 700's, although it may draw some strange looks if used during a meeting.

Bogon07
March 5th, 2013, 02:19 AM
The Vac20 system sure seen to have to potential for you to have a lot of fun with ink that you don't intend to have if the whole thing isn't securely screwed together.
I watched Brian Goulet's video demo of the Vac20.

I would hate to use this system for Noodler's Le Couleur Royale as that ink seems to get everywhere which I refill anything and pour it from the ink bottle into the Vac20 would be my first big hurdle.

vhr5
March 5th, 2013, 04:50 AM
I watched Brian Goulet's video and I agree with him. Make sure to have the cap of the Vac 20 and the fountain pen screwed together firmly! Otherwise I think it works great!

The Vac20 system sure seen to have to potential for you to have a lot of fun with ink that you don't intend to have if the whole thing isn't securely screwed together.
I watched Brian Goulet's video demo of the Vac20.

I would hate to use this system for Noodler's Le Couleur Royale as that ink seems to get everywhere which I refill anything and pour it from the ink bottle into the Vac20 would be my first big hurdle.

snedwos
March 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
It would be evidence of poor planning if you didn't go into a meeting with a full pen...

vhr5
March 5th, 2013, 08:09 AM
This is true, but it does happen, especially if you are traveling on the road. This is why I always try to carry a back-up fountain pen. :)

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I wish they had this when I went to Utah on a 10 day camping trip 2 years ago...My piston filler ran out of ink after the rafting trip...there was too much to write about!