PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Pilot, Pelikan, Vintage Waterman, Conway Stewart

jon126
December 3rd, 2016, 02:24 PM
1) Pilot Decimo

The nib is a Fine. Very clean pen with no major scratches. Have always kept inside the box or in leather pouch when not in use. Comes shipped with the Con-50, original box and cartridge cap. Nothing wrong with the pen. The nib was tuned by Roger Bamford of PenclassicsNZ.

https://goo.gl/photos/ocyNVi59Xu1HvXwPA

90 USD shipped internationally - insured.

2) Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoiseshell

An exquisite pen with a lovely binde which has amazing chatoyance and colour - the closest I'll ever get to something like Omas Arco Brown (it has the same sense of a bright shimmer from within the material). The piston is delightfully smooth and the nib is a Medium but is a very strange nib because it seems to write like a Zoom nib or one of those fancy Sailor Nagahara nibs (changing size of line width depending on angle of the pen). Several microscratches on the pen and barrel wear as befit its age but no major gouges. The barrel is also translucent most of the length of the barrel (not an ink window).

https://goo.gl/photos/yXqn6Gmp1DNE1Mdy7

220 USD shipped internationally

3)Waterman Ink-Vue De Lux Copper Ray

The flagship of Waterman's 1930s Ink-Vue line of pens - a large, girthy pen with a very solid feel in the hand. The feel of this pen's celluloid is exquisite - smooth but with a satin feel with the slightest sense of friction. According to my knowledge, this is a very uncommon pen. It sports a Waterman No.7 Red Keyhole nib. The imprint is very clean on both the cap and the barrel and the colour of the bands is excellent. The pen is unrestored but the barrel seems to have good transparency. Microscratches are present on the pen and there is a notch on the upper barrel. There is also a hairline crack in the section and brassing on the clip, which is slightly sprung, but the fat band is very clean. The concentric circles on the ends of the pen are very clean and intact. Overall, this is a very nice example of the rare flagship of the Waterman Ink-Vue series.

https://goo.gl/photos/Rpa3rgXeKrFHpMty8

430 USD shipped internationally - tracked, insured.

4)Modern Conway Stewart Dandy Replica

For sale is a near-mint 'replica' of the modern Conway Stewart Dandy (i.e partially completed pen obtained from the liquidation sale of the company) in the Brown Whirl Acrylic. This is a gorgeous, semi-translucent material with great chatoyance and depth with shimmer underlying the green which is striated with gold swirls. It really is quite a material. I have fitted the pen with a Bock No.6 EF nib and Bock feed. In any case, you can always swap out the nib and use your own No.6 nib (nib and feed are friction-fit). There are microscratches on the barrel from me polishing the pen with Micromesh and are rather discreet and can only be seen when reflected in the light. The pen is an Eyedropper filled pen - holds an enormous amount of ink (at least 4mL). This pen is in actually near-mint condition with about a quarter of a fill run through it. There is also no trim to the pen i.e no clip or cap bands and no brandings.

Measurements are as follows:
Closed: 12.4cm
Barrel + Nib: 11.7cm
Cap: 6.1cm

So you're getting one of the last pens produced ever by Conway Stewart in near-mint condition and while there is no branding on the pen itself, the design matches up with the modern Dandy model - the two slots for the cap bands, the slot for the section band, the slot for the upper cap band all match up. The acrylic is also distinctively Conway Stewart - you can find it on the Churchill models so in fact, you're getting a one-off, exclusive pen: a Dandy in Brown Whirl Acrylic. I've also attached some pictures of the Dandy and the Churchill.

https://goo.gl/photos/K6qaJnaZT8HJ9ihy8

145 USD shipped internationally - insured.
Now 130 USD.

jon126
December 8th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Bump.

jon126
December 18th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Bumpity Bump.

Georgie Mathew
November 13th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Is the decimo available?

Georgie Mathew
November 13th, 2018, 10:28 AM