PDA

View Full Version : SOLD vintage Pelikan 140

christof
December 14th, 2016, 12:59 AM
For sale is a nice user grade Pelikan 140 from the 1960’s.

Originally, I prepared this pen form y son, for use at school but he choosed a Pelikan 120 because he prefered the solid green color than the striped green. That’s why this is left over.

The pen is a later Pelikan 140 as you can see on the sleek clip. There is also this cap secure ring in the cap which prevents the loosen of the cap in your pocket, which is also a later feature. And of course, there was one of the clear plastic collars on the nib unit and it was cracked (as common). I replaced it with a new one from black plastic and with metal ring for reinforcement. So this will last. I also spent a lot of time adjusting ink flow and smoothening the nib for make it writing perfectly. (I’m quite happy with the result and you will be too!). I also replaced the piston seal with a new one to make sure that no accidents will happen (in the pencase of my son…).

All in all, I spent way too much time for a pen of this price category to make it working perfectly. But as said, I did it for my son.

The pen is user grade with some brassing on clip and cap band (I gave it a slight polish). There are signs of use and age, some smaller scrachtes, but I also did polish the whole pen. The transparency of the barrel is still very good although not as new.
The nib is a good and smooth wirting Medium which is springy and writes with rich ink flow. Just a pleasure to use.

My price is $105, world wide shipping included (paypal)

Just drop me a PM if interested.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/1/54/31477892611_03edf54f16_o.jpg

christof
December 14th, 2016, 07:13 AM
the pen is on sold