PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Omas Milord Arco Celluloid - consolidated thread 2 pens

mandrbeck
December 15th, 2016, 12:48 PM
One last call. If the first doesn't sell I am planning on sending it to Masuyama after Christmas for repair and stub.

ATTACH=CONFIG]28698[/ATTACH]286991. Omas Milord Bronze Arco Celluloid Broad Nib. I bought this from Stephen Brown. If you look on his site you can actually see his review of this pen. It has a slight bend in the nib that does not affect the writing. I'm not sure how it happened, only that it happened before I got it. The broad nib is a very wet writer. Because of the little bend, I'm selling this at a discount. However if you add the cost of repair, this is a great deal. I also noticed the bottom does not quite line up with the body. That may be a deal breaker for those looking for the absolute perfect Arco, but it never bothered me. It's a gorgeous pen.

I've decided I really want to keep the NOS, so I would like to sell this pen. If the buyer would like the nib adjusted, and would like to save on shipping, I would be willing to ship to the nib customizer of your choice. You would need to arrange payment, customization, etc. I would just ship for you to save you $10-15.

If you have always wanted an Arco, this is your opportunity to get one cheap. Even with a repair, this will be considerably less than buying another one. The only thing wrong is the nib, and that is repairable for a low cost.

$715 shipped CONUS. Final price drop

Will not come with box. Just Omas sleeve.

For parties interested in the cost of nib repair.
Pendleton Brown: $35
Dan Smith: $60-90
Mike Masuyama $60 (he will do repair plus stub for $80)
Nibs: no quote

mandrbeck
December 16th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Price drop. Final price drop.

mandrbeck
December 16th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Didn't have time to send it out for repair, so One last call before I pull it for good. Will leave ad open until after Christmas.

mandrbeck
December 22nd, 2016, 08:47 PM
Available.

mandrbeck
December 26th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Bump with one final price drop. I can't go any lower on them. I'll lose money on the first, but I'd rather keep the NOS, so I'm willing to sell it at this crazy low price.

mandrbeck
December 28th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Insane price drop. I would like to sell this pen as soon as possible. Even with the cost of repair this is an amazing price. You will rarely find an Arco less than $800.

mandrbeck
December 28th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Sold