PDA

View Full Version : What inks in your collection have you bought multiples of?

eyesa
December 18th, 2016, 06:27 AM
As both artist, poet and fountain pen user I gravitate toward inks which have some permanence and light & water resistant properties.
Noodlers has been the answer for me and I've bought multiples of my favorites, so as to not run out.
What are your favorites that you have multiple bottles of, so you never run out?
(photo courtesy of The Goulet Pen Co. Swab shop, of which I am unaffiliated.)
The interactive swab shop may be found at:https://www.gouletpens.com/Interactive-Swab-Shop

jar
December 18th, 2016, 07:03 AM
None intentionally. I have ended up with multiple bottles of Sheaffers Skrip Jet Black but I didn't buy any of them; they either came when I bought a pen or someone gave them to me. But even there they seem to date back to Sheaffer Textron days.

Hawk
December 18th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Some Waterman and some stray bottels my wife gave me. She has more than she can use in years.

migo984
December 18th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Although I have many inks I only have a small number that I have multiples of, as if a favourite runs out I can usually find a fun, suitable replacement :-) Most of the duplicates/multiples are Japanese. I'm not really concerned at all about water-resistance in coloured inks. I typically use carbon black for drawing.
I don't buy multiple Noodler's inks because I've found them to be a little unpredictable in respect of reliability and stability in storage.

Paddler
December 18th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Blue Black Quink (13 bottles last time I ordered)
Peacock Blue Skrip (3 bottles -- I bought out the store's remaining stock)
Royal Blue Skrip (4, 4-oz. bottles. A guy brought a case of it to a flea market)
Yasutomo black ink sticks (4 sticks as a backup supply to my other India ink hoard)

caribbean_skye
December 18th, 2016, 08:10 AM
From memory, Sailor Jentle Apricot, Noodlers Texas Blue Bonnet, Bung Box sweet potato purple and yellow, Sheaffer skrip lavender, Franklin Christoph Philly Green. think thats it.

<edit> also Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine. All but the Sheaffer and Pelikan were multiples bought on purpose. Sheaffer was bought in a lot and i acquired the second aquamaribe at the pelikan hubs event

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FredRydr
December 18th, 2016, 08:42 AM
What are your favorites that you have multiple bottles of, so you never run out?
Aurora black, Montblanc Toffee, Waterman blue/black, Waterman blue.

Fred

jacksterp
December 23rd, 2016, 12:40 PM
Only one to date - Iro Tsuki-Yo.

Dreck
December 23rd, 2016, 01:23 PM
I currently have 400ml of unopened Chesterfield Archival Vault iron gall ink. Had I known that when xfountainpens.com changed their name to The Birmingham Pen Co they would discontinue selling this line I would have purchased twice as much.

writingrav
December 23rd, 2016, 01:36 PM
1. Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu
2.Noodler"s 54th Massachusetts
3. Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo
And much as I thought it was imperative to do so at the time, I later realized I could have gotten along without any of them if I had to.

Chrissy
December 23rd, 2016, 03:12 PM
Pelikan Edelstein Amber x2
Montblanc Hitchcock x2
Sailor Jentle Grenade x2
Diamine Steel Blue x2

SquishyInk
December 23rd, 2016, 03:15 PM
None yet but another bottle of Yama-Budo is definitely in my future! [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penultress
December 24th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Lamy Dark Lilac x2 (I purchased in a panic because I thought it was already sold out)
J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor x2 (did not need to but I'm ok with having them)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jon Szanto
December 24th, 2016, 10:12 AM
As a rule, I don't, except that I always have back-up bottles of Aurora Black and Aurora Blue at the ready when the primary bottles run out. I do like those inks.

Waski_the_Squirrel
December 24th, 2016, 11:23 AM
I don't generally buy multiple bottles. But I have a few:

1. Sailor Epinard - I'm almost through a bottle and a kind person sent me a second bottle because she heard that I like it a lot. It's discontinued.
2. J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite - A gift I never gave for reasons.
3. Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Rose - Almost through my first bottle
4. Noodler's Luxury Blue - I accidentally ordered the wrong blue.

datainadequate
December 24th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Ok, this may raise a chuckle.

When I first returned to using fountain pens a few years ago, I naively thought that a) Lamy ink would work best in Lamy pens, b) I would want to write in black ink 95% of the time, and c) I would be bound to get through 50ml of ink in just a few months. Thus I purchased two bottles of Lamy black.

It's not a bad black ink. Althought it consistently works better in my non-Lamy pens. But I still have both those bottles. Maybe I'll finish the first one sometime this decade. Subsequently, I have not been inclined to buy more than one bottle of any given ink.

fqgouvea
December 24th, 2016, 02:35 PM
I have two bottles of Pelikan 4001 blue-black, but only because they were being sold two at a time. And two bottles of Diamine Steel Blue because my wife said, for a while, that she'd use no other ink. Otherwise, it's one of each, and all mostly still full.

VertOlive
December 24th, 2016, 06:44 PM
No multiples, there are SO many wonderful inks out there and I have Commitment Issues when it comes to ink.

Dreck
December 24th, 2016, 07:59 PM
No multiples, there are SO many wonderful inks out there and I have Commitment Issues when it comes to ink.
The delightful array of ink brands and colors is always an added delight to your correspondence.

WmEdwards
December 29th, 2016, 01:25 PM
I have many bottle of Montblanc Leo Tolstoy "sky blue." I learned my lesson when it got hard to find JFK, and stocked up on the Tolstoy now.

gbryal
December 29th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Waterman Mysterious Blue is the only one I have two of, as the first one is more than half empty. No other non-sample ink of mine is similarly in shortage.

ppmiranda
December 29th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Edelstein amethyst. I really enjoyed the color and recently had the opportunity to by a second bottle for less than the first one.

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

naimitsu
January 3rd, 2017, 07:34 AM
Edelstein Garnet.
I encountered it after the limited run. After buying the tin of cartridges to try out, I bought 2 bottles. Though I still love the color, I have since stopped using it. Too many colors out there and not enough time in the world to play with them all! :D

AzJon
January 3rd, 2017, 07:48 AM
I currently have 400ml of unopened Chesterfield Archival Vault iron gall ink. Had I known that when xfountainpens.com changed their name to The Birmingham Pen Co they would discontinue selling this line I would have purchased twice as much.

Can we start some kind of petition for them to bring back just that one ink? Please?

Dreck
January 3rd, 2017, 08:51 AM

Can we start some kind of petition for them to bring back just that one ink? Please?

I have beseeched them in several of the most persuasive emails I've ever composed. Unfortunately, Birmingham remains intractable and is determined to maintain this move as part of recreating their image. At this point, my plan is to switch to ESSRI, since 10.5£ converted to USD is still more cost-effective than purchasing any other iron gall from any other vendor.

Pukka-J
January 4th, 2017, 12:40 AM
For me: Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine. By far my most favorite colour. Ink of the year 2016, so it was 'then or never'; I have 3.5 bottles left [emoji4]

FredRydr
January 7th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Be wary of hoarding, though. It can take a very long time to use a dozen bottles of ink.

Fred

ian1964
January 8th, 2017, 06:02 PM
1: Pelikan Amethyst because I adore the colour
and
2: Waterman Intense Black, but only because it's my work ink and it saves on postage to buy multiple.

TSherbs
January 8th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Noodler's Blue
PR Spearmint Green

cuz I use these often and have owned them longest. but I am only on my second bottle of each, after four years.

oldstoat
January 10th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Diamine Chocolate Brown, majestic Blue and Noodler's Prime of the Commons. I use the quite often even though the Majestic Blue is a pain to really flush out