PDA

View Full Version : New 2017 Lamy Colors

Lady Onogaro
December 19th, 2016, 03:28 PM
I just saw this over at the other place:

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/316165-2017-al-star-and-safari-special-edition-colors-announced/

I knew about the Al-Star being Pacific Blue (pretty color), but I really like the choice for the Safari. I like both, but I'll want that Safari particularly.

top pen
December 19th, 2016, 04:00 PM
I quite the colour of the Safari not enough to buy the pen however would buy an ink in that shade without hesitation. Hopefully this year they might sell the respective bottled ink in the UK.

frmamede
December 20th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Yeah! They look nice. That blue Al-star should pair nicely with my Lamy Turquoise ink, and if that Safari gets lauched along a same color bottle of ink, I would very much like to buy it too. Too bad I don't see many LE Lamy's here in Brazil... :cry:

Monkey
December 20th, 2016, 04:50 AM
They are doing Pacific Blue ink that matches the Al-Star, La Couronne announced it the other day. Do they normally do more than one? I'm not personally a big Lamy fan so I don't really pay much attention to their LE stuff.

akapulko2020
December 20th, 2016, 06:26 AM
I quite the colour of the Safari not enough to buy the pen however would buy an ink in that shade without hesitation. Hopefully this year they might sell the respective bottled ink in the UK.
Fontoplumo ( Netherlands) is a great little online shop( as well as brick and mortar but I frequent the online one due to distance ) which usually has both the inks and the Color of the Year pens , and the shipping costs are pretty reasonable.
Not that I'm trying to be an ink buying enabler or something ;)

"Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things
in the world that just don't add up."
James Magary**

akapulko2020
December 20th, 2016, 06:28 AM
I just saw this over at the other place:

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/316165-2017-al-star-and-safari-special-edition-colors-announced/

I knew about the Al-Star being Pacific Blue (pretty color), but I really like the choice for the Safari. I like both, but I'll want that Safari particularly.
Wow, having seen only the Al Star I thought its one of their prettiest colors so far but that Safari is just gorgeous!
Both as ink and as pen colors.

And here I was thinking Dark Lilac + two more Lamys are enough...

"Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things
in the world that just don't add up."
James Magary**

VertOlive
December 20th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Nice colors, but will be able to resist this time!

kaisnowbird
December 20th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Already added the Al-Star to my cart at La Couronne du Comt, but will probably remove it and add it again and again over the next couple of months as I play with my shopping cart. :argue:

datainadequate
December 20th, 2016, 09:54 PM

I'll be able to resist the AL-star and Pacific Blue ink. Doubt I'll resist the Safari.

Frank
December 22nd, 2016, 10:16 PM
Received this from Lamy USA this week:

Stay Tuned!
Frank
Federalist Pens
Authorized Lamy Dealer

earthdawn
December 22nd, 2016, 10:32 PM
Well a Pink Pico will have to be purchased for a certain someone in the household lol

Thanks for the update Frank!

frmamede
December 23rd, 2016, 06:51 PM
Do Lamy LE always come with matching ink?

datainadequate
December 24th, 2016, 03:45 AM

No. In the past some Lamy LE pens have come with a standard colour Lamy ink.

frmamede
December 24th, 2016, 05:38 AM

No. In the past some Lamy LE pens have come with a standard colour Lamy ink.

So probably the "petrol" safari won't come with matching ink? :cry:

writingrav
December 24th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Definitely not interested in the pens, but think either of the two colors would make a great ink, especially the Petrol.

adhoc
December 26th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Oh, pretty colours!

SIR
January 1st, 2017, 02:09 AM
Oh, pretty colours!

Indeed! I especially like the petrol colour - I had a bomber jacket the same colour as a kid, and we had many a frequent heated debate over what colour it was, blue or green!

Frank
January 7th, 2017, 01:59 PM
I have not heard anything... but I would venture a guess that "Petrol" could be an ink color in 2017!

;)

Video11
January 31st, 2017, 04:56 PM
2017 Limited Edition Lamy Al-Star Pacific Blue purchased today at Phidon Pens in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. Nice colour.

Cheers,

Rick

migo984
February 11th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Don't buy the matching "LE" Pacific Blue ink if you expect a limited edition colour. It has been confirmed by several retailers, including CultPens in the UK, that Pacific Blue is repackaged Turquoise from the Lamy standard line.

datainadequate
February 11th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Have to say the Pacific Blue AL-star looks way better in the photos I've seen in the past couple of weeks compared to that original teaser. Trying to keep strong though :)

amk
February 12th, 2017, 03:26 AM
I'm still waiting for the flagrant purple Lamy 2000...

sgtstretch
February 12th, 2017, 07:22 AM

Good luck, Lamy can't get rid of the failed 50th Black Amber version. I mean, who could have possibly thought that would be a complete flop?

VertOlive
February 24th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Pre-ordered the Petrol Safari with matching cartridge pack. Guess I didn't resist it after all.

Lady Onogaro
February 24th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Pre-ordered the Petrol Safari with matching cartridge pack. Guess I didn't resist it after all.

Me, too.

ravkesef
March 6th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Lamy confirms that the Pacifica ink is Turquoise. I bought the pen and five cartridges, since I don't expect the bottled ink to be in short supply anytime soon. I'll spring for the Petrol in the fairly near future as soon as I can buy the ink at the same time. One thing to keep in mind is that if you happen to fall in love with a particular color, snap it up as soon as you can, because you never know if demand will outstrip supply. Last year Lamy issued the Dark Lilac. I liked it and purchased it along with a single pack of cartridges. When I got the pen and started writing with it, I immediately fell in love with the color, (never thought I'd go for purple,) and tried to buy a bottle of the ink. It was nowhere to be found. I searched high and low, and finally managed to snag the last four packs of cartridges in existence. (Literally!). The De Atramentis Purple Violet is reasonably close, and so I keep a bottle on hand, as I'm still crazy about the color. Go figure. Anyway, that's my word to the wise--if you really like it, buy it, because there's no telling when it will be all sold out.

Lady Onogaro
March 6th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Lamy confirms that the Pacifica ink is Turquoise. I bought the pen and five cartridges, since I don't expect the bottled ink to be in short supply anytime soon. I'll spring for the Petrol in the fairly near future as soon as I can buy the ink at the same time. One thing to keep in mind is that if you happen to fall in love with a particular color, snap it up as soon as you can, because you never know if demand will outstrip supply. Last year Lamy issued the Dark Lilac. I liked it and purchased it along with a single pack of cartridges. When I got the pen and started writing with it, I immediately fell in love with the color, (never thought I'd go for purple,) and tried to buy a bottle of the ink. It was nowhere to be found. I searched high and low, and finally managed to snag the last four packs of cartridges in existence. (Literally!). The De Atramentis Purple Violet is reasonably close, and so I keep a bottle on hand, as I'm still crazy about the color. Go figure. Anyway, that's my word to the wise--if you really like it, buy it, because there's no telling when it will be all sold out.

In another thread, Chrissy reports that Diamine Majestic Purple is very close to Lamy Dark Lilac, so you might check that color out. See her review of Majestic Purple and see what you think.

BayesianPrior
March 6th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I searched high and low, and finally managed to snag the last four packs of cartridges in existence. (Literally!).

My local stationer has 2 packs of Dark Lilac catridges left. Send me a PM if you would like me to pick them up and post them to you. $10 for the two packs including shipping to the USA.

mikeycpa
March 6th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I've seen the dark lilac bottled ink on eBay for upwards of $75 per bottle. Amazing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pajaro
March 7th, 2017, 02:26 AM
Hardly worth it, unless as a collection item.

Video11
April 1st, 2017, 12:45 PM
Lamy Safari Petrol now available in Canada. Not the greatest photo, sorry. The matching ink was not available yet, but Noodler's Squeteague seems to match up fairly well.

Cheers,

Rick

BayesianPrior
April 1st, 2017, 01:00 PM
Lamy Safari Petrol now available in Canada. Not the greatest photo, sorry. The matching ink was not available yet, but Noodler's Squeteague seems to match up fairly well.

Cheers,

Rick

For lack of a better word...sexy.

inklord
April 1st, 2017, 03:38 PM

Good luck, Lamy can't get rid of the failed 50th Black Amber version. I mean, who could have possibly thought that would be a complete flop?

Yeah, they certainly blew that one - when they could have probably sold a thousand of each in a few days if they'd come out with the regular L2k in a bundle of colors. The 2000M is not even the anniversary pen - it's merely 5, not 50 years old...

inklord
April 1st, 2017, 03:41 PM
Lamy also re-introduced the "Scala" in piano black (previously a special edition). Now being the happy owner of a midnight blue Scala, I'm considering that. Has anybody heard rumours of the next "Studio" special edition?

BayesianPrior
April 1st, 2017, 03:53 PM
Lamy also re-introduced the "Scala" in piano black (previously a special edition). Now being the happy owner of a midnight blue Scala, I'm considering that. Has anybody heard rumours of the next "Studio" special edition?

Oh do not tempt me. A petrol studio?! Please!

rappard
April 13th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd post this here: my favorite ;-) store near my office is having a sale on the Lamy Safari Petrol. Not sure if they ship abroad, but if not I'd be happy to pick one up and forward it. Unfortunately there's no mention of nib/tip size, but I can ask.

Link:
http://hummelman.com/productset.asp?setcode=81-0.png

Yours in enablement, ;-)

Martin

penwash
April 13th, 2017, 07:04 AM
I want the Petrol ink. Here's hoping I can pick up a bottle at the Dallas Pen Show in September. :)

I don't like Lamy Safari pens enough to collect them, but the Petrol looks very nice indeed.

pajaro
April 13th, 2017, 11:10 AM
I like the Safari pens enough to collect the ones I like in EF. The inks are OK but nothing special. Better had in cartridges.