PDA

View Full Version : Will Any #5 Nib fit a TWSBI Eco?

Music and Ink
December 19th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I ordered an Eco and a few different nib sizes. Most people say that the nib on an Eco is a #5. Will the nibs I ordered fit?

DaveT
December 20th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Since you did not indicate what brand nibs you ordered I will tell you what I know.

I have put Jowo #5 nibs into a Twsbi Eco without a problem. So if you have nibs that are equal in size to Jowo #5 nibs I think you will be fine.

dneal
December 20th, 2016, 08:02 PM
"Any" #5? No.

The nibs you ordered? Maybe, and perhaps likely; but not necessarily. For German nibs (Bock, Schmidt and JoWo), #5 usually means a 5mm diameter feed. There are a lot of variants for the nibs though, and they're not all interchangeable.

A Bock type 060 is usually found in a Kaweco Sport, but isn't a direct swap for a Bock 180, which is the common #5 nib you see in a lot of pens. A 076 is like a 180 but with wider shoulders, and also not directly swappable.

Music and Ink
December 21st, 2016, 01:42 PM
Oh, sorry I didn't specify, I thought all sizes were universal (or "size 5" is a little meaningless). I ordered size 5 from a site called Fountain Pen Revolution. Can you help me confirm with that info?

dneal
December 22nd, 2016, 04:14 PM
If it's one of those $7 nibs, I have no idea. You'll just have to see if it fits. I wouldn't use one of those in lieu of the nib that comes in the TWSBI.