PDA

View Full Version : Omas nibs and feeds

Scrawler
March 8th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know if current Omas nibs are all the same size? And where I can get an Omas feed.

Robert
March 8th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I can't answer your question about an Omas feed, but the attached link to a page on nibs.com may be a useful resource on Omas nibs: http://www.nibs.com/OmasNibsPage.htm

Scrawler
March 12th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the link. Yes that is a very useful resource. While it has not helped with the specific nib I have to work with, there is enough information for me to know that I must find a specific sized feed and that I must carefully measure the nib for it as one size does not fit all.

Greg Minuskin
April 2nd, 2013, 09:59 PM
There are 3 sizes in my experience, and sometimes a larger nib, with a smaller feed is used as well to make a pen write less wet.

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

Scrawler
April 3rd, 2013, 05:35 AM
There are 3 sizes in my experience, and sometimes a larger nib, with a smaller feed is used as well to make a pen write less wet.

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com
Last night as an experiment I stuck it in a Sheaffer No-Nonsense pen. It is a very good fit but much too wet.

earthdawn
April 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
So Scrawler ... whatcha trying to do? Do you have an Omas that needs a feed for the nib or you got an Omas nib and want to use it in another pen?

Scrawler
April 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
So Scrawler ... whatcha trying to do? Do you have an Omas that needs a feed for the nib or you got an Omas nib and want to use it in another pen?

I have an Omas nib that needs a pen body to put it in.

earthdawn
April 3rd, 2013, 11:16 PM
You have a pic of the nib ?

Scrawler
April 4th, 2013, 05:46 AM
You have a pic of the nib ?
Unfortunately the only camera I have is a web cam fixed in my video screen, so I cannot take pictures. But it is in general similar to a Paragon 2 tone. It is very pretty, much prettier in person than the images here http://www.nibs.com/OmasNibsPage.htm would suggest. Also it is 14K not 18K as is in those images.