PDA

View Full Version : Konrad Question: Removable Nib?

Music and Ink
December 23rd, 2016, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty certain that the nib can be removed but it doesn't come out when I pull on it and I'm worried I'm growing to break it. I have a Konrad Dixie Red.

Dreck
December 23rd, 2016, 09:52 PM
The nib and feed on Noodler's pens are friction fit. It may be a tight fit, but if you continue to work at it gently, you should be able to remove them.

Runnin_Ute
December 23rd, 2016, 09:59 PM
I changed mine to one of the Goulet nibs. Should pull right out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TSherbs
December 24th, 2016, 05:57 AM
are you gripping both nib and feed at the same time? You should. Then twist and pull. Try soaking it in water overnight first. These pens were made to have these parts removed occasionally.

SIR
December 24th, 2016, 09:26 AM
My advice is as above with the exception of not twisting, because the nib fits into a specially shaped indent in the section and may well jam if forced to rotate outside of the indent.

TSherbs
December 24th, 2016, 09:48 AM
My advice is as above with the exception of not twisting, because the nib fits into a specially shaped indent in the section and may well jam if forced to rotate outside of the indent.

Your point applies to the Ahab but not to the Konrad: the Konrad barrel end is round and the feed can go in at any rotation location.

Waski_the_Squirrel
December 24th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Try using a piece of rubber to help yourself grip as you pull. These are friction fit pens, and I have replaced a number of nibs on my own.

SIR
December 24th, 2016, 02:34 PM

Your point applies to the Ahab but not to the Konrad: the Konrad barrel end is round and the feed can go in at any rotation location.

Quite right, I was thinking of the Ahab!