PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Bexley Poseidon Magnum II Mandarin Yellow with 14K Parker nib

mhosea
December 27th, 2016, 11:41 PM
For sale is a Bexley Poseidon Magnum II piston filler with two nibs. One is a standard steel Bexley Fine. The other is a broad 14K Parker nib that has been mounted for Bexley pens using a 14K gold shim from a scrap nib. The 14K shim had to be ground down to be thinner, and it looks like this was one of the ones that I rushed the fitting a little on and ended up splitting the feed cup, which had to be solvent welded back. But it's in good working order, nevertheless, and the repair is inside the section when the nib is in use. Of course you could use the nib to restore a Parker Vacumatic and toss the Bexley feed hardware if you were so inclined. The 14K nib tip is not one that I've seen before. I'm not sure whether Parker called it Broad or Stub or what. It's slightly stubbish, and it's amazingly smooth. I mean really. The only nib I've ever used that was as smooth was a Pelikan 1000 Broad nib, and that one had flow issues. This one doesn't. Great nib.

Asking $115 shipped to US continental addresses via USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box. PayPal preferred.
(Will sell for $90 shipped without Parker nib unit.)